Why Didn't I think of that?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by John Tomlinson, Apr 28, 2003.

  1. Tags:

  2. >http://www.btinternet.com/~john.tomo/KIF_0629.JPG

    Sort of a derny in reverse ;-)

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  3. John Tomlinson wrote:

    > As seen while driving through France during the Easter hols.
    >
    > http://www.btinternet.com/~john.tomo/KIF_0629.JPG
    >
    > The file is 30.1KB
    >
    > John T.
    >
    > Remove the singers of Spam before replying

    the proper technique is with an extended leg pushing agains the carrier. Much higher speeds will
    be possible
    --
    Marten

  4. M-Gineering import & framebouw <[email protected]> wrote: ( the proper technique is with an
    extended leg pushing agains the carrier. ) Much higher speeds will be possible

    ... and the eventual accident will be more entertaining.

  5. John Tomlinson <[email protected]> wrote:
    >As seen while driving through France during the Easter hols.
    >http://www.btinternet.com/~john.tomo/KIF_0629.JPG
    [Depicting a chap on a moped pushing a cyclist along with one arm.]

    When my sister was young the two of us would often come back when we were going to be late like that
    - I was supplied with more oomph than she was at the time...

  6. John Tomlinson wrote:
    > As seen while driving through France during the Easter hols.
    >
    > http://www.btinternet.com/~john.tomo/KIF_0629.JPG

    A very thoughtful cyclist, caught on camera while towing a motorcycle that has run out of fuel :)

    > The file is 30.1KB
    >
    > John T.
    >
    > Remove the singers of Spam before replying

    Adrian Tritschler mailto:[email protected] Latitude 38°S, Longitude 145°E,
    Altitude 50m, Shoe size 44

  7. The Mark

    The Mark Guest

    M-Gineering import & framebouw wrote:
    > John Tomlinson wrote:
    >>
    >> As seen while driving through France during the Easter hols.
    >>
    >> http://www.btinternet.com/~john.tomo/KIF_0629.JPG
    >>
    >> The file is 30.1KB
    >>
    >> John T.
    >>
    >> Remove the singers of Spam before replying
    >
    > the proper technique is with an extended leg pushing agains the carrier. Much higher speeds will
    > be possible

    Over 20 years ago I was towed by holding on to the back of a friends motorbike on a new but unopened
    streatch of road. Thinking back, I must have been mad but it was exciting at the time.
    --
    Mark

  8. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

  9. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

  10. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...

    > "James Hodson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > It reminds me of when I heard a very young child refer to a dog leash as a "dog pusher".
    >
    > Obviously a Goodies fan :)

    They have just released some of the original episodes on DVD, after much discussion with the BBC.
    So, if you are a fan of trandem cycling get yessen down to Blackstar. Incidentally what was the make
    of their bike?

    http://www.blackstar.co.uk/video/item/7000000077816

    That curved top tube looks distinctive.

    Colin

  11. On 28 Apr 2003 19:21:11 GMT, [email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote:

    >Sort of a derny in reverse ;-)

    I give in, what is a derny.

    John "showing his ignorance" T. Remove the singers of Spam before replying

  12. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

  13. Graeme

    Graeme Guest

  14. >Come to think of it I also push her up stairs and hills when we're walking. Do I have MUG written
    >on my forehead?

    No, you have "I am a caring husband" written there. Be proud of it :)

    Cheers, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  15. Graeme

    Graeme Guest

    [email protected] (wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    >>Come to think of it I also push her up stairs and hills when we're walking. Do I have MUG written
    >>on my forehead?
    >
    > No, you have "I am a caring husband" written there. Be proud of it :)

    Thank you Helen, I'll print that out and frame it. I'll point it out to Pamela whenever my
    halo slips :)

    Have fun!

    Graeme

  16. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    "Graeme" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > I do that to help my wife up hills when we're both on our bikes. It helps put less strain on her
    > dodgy knee. Come to think of it I also push her up stairs and hills when we're walking. Do I have
    > MUG written on my forehead?

    You have 'I need a tandem' written on it somewhere :)

    cheers, clive

  17. Graeme

    Graeme Guest

    news:[email protected]:

    > You have 'I need a tandem' written on it somewhere :)

    That's something I've always fancied. My wife has also said she'd like one, but she says that in the
    same breath as "it means I can slack off while you do the work" :-/

    Have fun!

    Graeme