Why do all you Kerry peeps want higher TAXES!!!!

recneps345

Aug 19, 2004
I am definitely not one to defend Bush. He has been mediocre at best as a President, but what I am sick of is Kerry yacking about taxing the **** out of everyone making $200,000 or more. For arguments sake, we will act like this is all he will tax to implement universal health care and the many other big government programs. Why should anyone have to give up half of their hard earned money. You basically work January to June paying for old people who should have saved their money better, and for people who dropped out of school and have been bumming off the taxpayers. If these people would cancel their cable, CELL PHONES, stop buying monster tires, 26inch rims, three packs of cigarettes a day, and a 12 pack of beer everyday they could invest some of this
and not have to be a drain on society. Does not anyone see these people deserve their money as much as the next person. The facts are the top 1% of wage earners pay 33% of this nation's taxes, the top 10% of wage earners pay
67% of the taxes, and the bottom 50% pay a ridiculous 4% of this nation's taxes. Half of this nation agrees with Kerry, and want to even make this stat more lopsided. Please explain how this is fair and tell me what percentage you think the top 1% should pay in taxes. 50%?60%70%80%90%

Kerry and his leftist brethren care only about ammassing power. Their chosen method to do this is to take as much money as they can away from the citizens and put more of their lives under the control of the government.

recneps345 said:
I am definitely not one to defend Bush. He has been mediocre at best as a President, but what I am sick of is Kerry yacking about taxing the **** out of everyone making $200,000 or more. For arguments sake, we will act like this is all he will tax to implement universal health care and the many other big government programs. Why should anyone have to give up half of their hard earned money. You basically work January to June paying for old people who should have saved their money better, and for people who dropped out of school and have been bumming off the taxpayers. If these people would cancel their cable, CELL PHONES, stop buying monster tires, 26inch rims, three packs of cigarettes a day, and a 12 pack of beer everyday they could invest some of this
and not have to be a drain on society. Does not anyone see these people deserve their money as much as the next person. The facts are the top 1% of wage earners pay 33% of this nation's taxes, the top 10% of wage earners pay
67% of the taxes, and the bottom 50% pay a ridiculous 4% of this nation's taxes. Half of this nation agrees with Kerry, and want to even make this stat more lopsided. Please explain how this is fair and tell me what percentage you think the top 1% should pay in taxes. 50%?60%70%80%90%

recneps345 said:

Hmm - a conundrum, ain't it.
All valid points, I'm sure.

Let me give you another conundrum.

How much will taxes have to be raised to pay of the Bush budget deficit ?
(He inherited a $200 billion surplus in 2000 : and it has now translated in to
$550 billion deficit : that's a movement of $700 billion in 4 YEARS !).

If you can pay that deficit off - without raising taxes - get your name on that ballot paper for Nov 2nd and you'll get yourself elected.

limerickman said:
Hmm - a conundrum, ain't it.
All valid points, I'm sure.

Let me give you another conundrum.

How much will taxes have to be raised to pay of the Bush budget deficit ?
(He inherited a $200 billion surplus in 2000 : and it has now translated in to
$550 billion deficit : that's a movement of $700 billion in 4 YEARS !).

If you can pay that deficit off - without raising taxes - get your name on that ballot paper for Nov 2nd and you'll get yourself elected.
Hey, I am in total agreement. Remember, I said, "mediocre at best." I wish I had the answers. later

recneps345 said:
Hey, I am in total agreement. Remember, I said, "mediocre at best." I wish I had the answers. later

Looks like it's higher tax - whichever way you go, doesn't it ?

Therefore I suggest that you amend the title of the thread to state

"Why do all you Kerry and Bush peeps want higher TAXES!!!!"

Compredez ?

I'm off for a nice Irish malt whiskey - care to join me Bert ?
Or would you pefer a gelato ? Strawberry flavour perhaps ?