Why do Americans have such rotten teeth?



MountainPro

New Member
Aug 11, 2004
3,071
2
38
Wurm said:
lets face it, Americans are HUGE. No one can deny that fact.

thats not a euphemism for tall btw, i mean they are fat.

Fat fat fat. Largely cause by consuming massive amounts of calories and doing ****-all all day...which must be bad for the teeth...

yeah sure you'll get the usual stereotype invented by Americans that Brits have bad teeth but thats only to draw attention away from thier own massive stomachs...which doesnt work.

here, I'll let uncle sam explain...

_41359378_uncle_sam_riddell.jpg
 

cheapie

New Member
Aug 16, 2004
847
0
0
we are fat. very fat. there's no denying it. but i think it's a fallacy saying that we think you have bad teeth to distract attention from our guts.

i think that impression has been around a lot longer than our distended abdomens. americans haven't been fat for all that long.

and i don't believe the impression is that brits do/used to have bad teeth, just crooked teeth. so the studies on oral health aren't exactly relevant. typical american consumerism would be to disregard our teeth and then just pay to have them replaced/fixed up when they do go bad. :eek:


besides....GB is now the fattest country in europe. not long before you join us at the buffet line buddy! :D


edit: you forgot to mention the copious amounts of soda we drink as well. between the acid and the sugar, our teeth have no chance!
 

jhuskey

Moderator
Oct 6, 2003
10,606
678
113
[

Largely cause by consuming massive amounts of calories and ****-all day...which must be bad for the teeth...

I knew something was rotting my teeth ...but never did I think it was that.
Oh well there is always room for jello. Who needs teeth. :D
 

Scotty_Dog

Member
Jul 30, 2004
1,107
6
38
52
MountainPro said:
yeah sure you'll get the usual stereotype invented by Americans that Brits have bad teeth but thats only to draw attention away from thier own massive stomachs...
I'll readily admit a high percentage of Americans are overweight. So, Scotland having a higher DMFT rate than the rest of the UK and the USA must simply be based on the fact that they have shitty dental hygiene. There we have it.

http://www.whocollab.od.mah.se/sicdata.html
 

stevebaby

New Member
Jun 22, 2004
3,515
4
0
jhuskey said:
[

Largely cause by consuming massive amounts of calories and ****-all day...which must be bad for the teeth...

I knew something was rotting my teeth ...but never did I think it was that.
Oh well there is always room for jello. Who needs teeth. :D
...when you can open beer bottles with an opener?
 

stevebaby

New Member
Jun 22, 2004
3,515
4
0
...but I don't need no stinkin' opener. I'm hard. Real hard. I just eat the whole bottle, top and all.
Liquid refreshment and roughage at the same time.
 

MountainPro

New Member
Aug 11, 2004
3,071
2
38
cheapie said:
besides....GB is now the fattest country in europe. not long before you join us at the buffet line buddy! :D
!

jeezus, i wondered why i was putting on the pounds recently...i need to move to a slimmer country...
 

MountainPro

New Member
Aug 11, 2004
3,071
2
38
Scotty_Dog said:
I'll readily admit a high percentage of Americans are overweight. So, Scotland having a higher DMFT rate than the rest of the UK and the USA must simply be based on the fact that they have shitty dental hygiene. There we have it.

http://www.whocollab.od.mah.se/sicdata.html
our govt thinks its better if we dont have dentists in the UK...

i moved house recently and have to go on a waiting list....18 months long.

its a joke...especially for me since i love eating chocolate and diet coke...(not)

i asked our local dentist what happens if i have a dental emergency (which might happen due to my brakes not working correctly right now)...you know what he said...there is an A&E (ER room to you merkains) in the city!

what joy! cant wait for that day...
 

Scotty_Dog

Member
Jul 30, 2004
1,107
6
38
52
MountainPro said:
i moved house recently and have to go on a waiting list....18 months long.
18 month wait, wow, I feel for you.

Help me figure something out here, can you see a dentist sooner if you pay for it yourself or is every dentist under strict government funding/control?

I mean, by filling out some forms and waiting in long lines once a month, I could get free cheese, baby formula, etc. from our government. But it's much easier to just go buy it from a store.
 

jhuskey

Moderator
Oct 6, 2003
10,606
678
113
stevebaby said:
...but I don't need no stinkin' opener. I'm hard. Real hard. I just eat the whole bottle, top and all.
Liquid refreshment and roughage at the same time.


I got the wife training on the bike 7 days a week so she can open a beer with her butt cheeks.
Why waste my energy on menial tasks.
 

MountainPro

New Member
Aug 11, 2004
3,071
2
38
Scotty_Dog said:
18 month wait, wow, I feel for you.

Help me figure something out here, can you see a dentist sooner if you pay for it yourself or is every dentist under strict government funding/control?

I mean, by filling out some forms and waiting in long lines once a month, I could get free cheese, baby formula, etc. from our government. But it's much easier to just go buy it from a store.
i am talking about an NHS dentist....provided free by the govt.

private dentists will see you within a few weeks...or days.
 

stevebaby

New Member
Jun 22, 2004
3,515
4
0
jhuskey said:
I got the wife training on the bike 7 days a week so she can open a beer with her butt cheeks.
Why waste my energy on menial tasks.
Jeez...a woman who has to be
forced to buy shoes and who can open beer bottles with her butt cheeks! My admiration is boundless!
I suppose you will ruin my day and tell me that she's a nympho who mows lawns and carries out the garbage? :D
 

jhuskey

Moderator
Oct 6, 2003
10,606
678
113
stevebaby said:
Jeez...a woman who has to be
forced to buy shoes and who can open beer bottles with her butt cheeks! My admiration is boundless!
I suppose you will ruin my day and tell me that she's a nympho who mows lawns and carries out the garbage? :D


Damn! Two strikes on those point. My day is ruined,but she is a good cook and keeps the fridge stocked in beer and has a good paying job.
Paradise is still a few steps beyond my reach. Still, not bad for a poor ignorant redneck.
Not sure if I can handle a Nympho as I could not in earlier years.
I need to sleep sometimes.
"The voice of experience".
 

stevebaby

New Member
Jun 22, 2004
3,515
4
0
Woman was created to serve Man, except for lesbians , who were created to fuel unrealistic male fantasies. :)
 

stevebaby

New Member
Jun 22, 2004
3,515
4
0
jhuskey said:
...
I need to sleep sometimes.
"The voice of experience".
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."...can't remember the rest, if I ever knew it.
 

Wurm

New Member
Aug 6, 2004
2,202
0
0
MountainPro said:
lets face it, Americans are HUGE.
That's right, as a people we are fat sonsabitches and it's getting worse. Try to get a Merkin to get on say...a bike for example. Ha! Either they'll look at you like you have 3 heads, or say "I'm too busy for that!". It's much quicker and easier to hop in the fake-status-symbol-overpriced-gas guzzler and cruise to the mall for an ice cream or Sbarro's pizza.

Me and a car mechanic last week were talking about the low wages/low benefits in this country. He said he's never seen so many people in the restaurants as he's seen the past few years, that maybe people'd have more money if they stayed home and cooked meals instead of eating out every other night, (and lunchtime too). I said they eat out so much because they're, 1. worn out from working too many hours because of high credit debt and low wages in general, and/or 2. become too lazy to cook for themselves anymore.