Why do cars hate us so much

The best reply to raging I have used so far which left the person
totally blank was "I can ID you buckaroo! you have no idea who I am. So
the only person with anything to lose here is you"

simple but damn effective as there is no comeback to it.

--

flyingdutch <[email protected]> wrote in message
[email protected]
> Drs wrote:
> When I last had this argument in aus.cars they got heartily sick
> of the words "consolidated revenue". I only had to post the
> relevant section of the Act about fifty times before it sank in
> but in the end I did get through to them that rego does *not* pay
> for roads. :)
>
> Can you post that act here. wouldnt mind loading that one into the
> long- term memory banks

This is for Victoria:

Road Safety Act 1986
PART 2--REGISTRATION
Division 2--Registration
5. Purposes of registration

The purposes of registration are--

(a) to ensure that the design, construction and equipment of motor vehicles
and trailers which are used on a highway meet safety and environmental
standards; and

(b) to enable the use of motor vehicles and trailers on highways to be
regulated for reasons of safety, protection of the environment and law
enforcement; and

(c) to provide a method of establishing the identity of each motor vehicle
or trailer which is used on a highway and of the person who is responsible
for it.

> good to see you smiling...

Threw you all, didn't it...

--

A: Top-posters.

flyingdutch <[email protected]> wrote in message
[email protected]
> Drs wrote:
> > It's not an obsession, it's just a signature.

> yeah, but it is rather dictatorial Drs. After seeing for the millionth
> time, I get it (except before coffee-insertion :eek: )

99% of Usenet posts have a signature. Once setup they take not effort at
all to insert.

> you certainly come up with some amazing highly literate posts.
> howzabout changing the sig for a while?

I could use OE-Quotefix to rotate the signature through a quotes file but
first I'd have to get a suitable quotes file. In the meantime, given the
number of new top-posters infesting this group, it's clear that the message
is not yet universal.

cfsmtb <[email protected]> wrote in message
[email protected]
> John Retchford wrote:
> > An anal fixation as well as obsessive behaviour?

> *cough*
>
> ahem, be a gentleman.

I thought you only coughed when the doctor was holding your wobbly bits?

--

A: Top-posters.

Rob & Shel <[email protected]> wrote in message
[email protected]

[...]

> did...I accused him of being of being of being a small-pricked ego
> tripping tonka toy asshole who thinks he owns the road & has got
> serious personal issues, that he should see a shrink),

Hang on... I can't write that fast...

--

A: Top-posters.