Why do my feet fall asleep when i'm riding?

Raleigh c30

Dec 11, 2004
My feet always fall asleep when i'm riding. I don't know why, is the problem with my bike or with me, or with adjustments. I don't know, what is it?

Sounds like your shoes are too tight. On the other hand, the cold weather and restricted blood circulation could have something to do with it too.

ganderctr said:
Sounds like your shoes are too tight. On the other hand, the cold weather and restricted blood circulation could have something to do with it too.
But how can my circulation be restricted? Cause my shoes aren't very tight and i live in south texas where it's not very cold. Does the circulation get restriced like with the saddle or something?

Raleigh c30 said:
My feet always fall asleep when i'm riding. I don't know why, is the problem with my bike or with me, or with adjustments. I don't know, what is it?
Do they fall asleep or do they get numb? That has been happening to me on my last few rides. My shoes aren't tight either and I also live in Texas. It was 74 degrees today so it's not from the cold. I only rode about 35 miles and by the end both my feet, especially the toes were numb. Very uncomfortable. Any suggestions??

I had the problem with Shimano MTB M-038 shoes and changed back to runners with Power Grips, feet much better now. :cool:

aggiegirl91 said:
Do they fall asleep or do they get numb? That has been happening to me on my last few rides. My shoes aren't tight either and I also live in Texas. It was 74 degrees today so it's not from the cold. I only rode about 35 miles and by the end both my feet, especially the toes were numb. Very uncomfortable. Any suggestions??

Yea, my feet get numb. Well it's like the same thing isn't it. I really can't give you any advice cause i'm also wondering why it happens to me.

Yeah I've been have the smae problem so I asked the guy at my LBS. He told me that it could be the area where my laces should be is too tight. THeres a nerve running down that area of the foot that carries most of the circulation. So, I'm guessing maybe its the pulling action that puts pressure on that nerve that cuts the circulation causing numbness. Dunno.

When I asked for suggestions, I wasn't really meaning from you (Raleigh c30) since you are experiencing the same problem - I just wanted to hijack your question! I was told that my toebox in the shoe might be too roomy when I asked the LBS. I still don't see how that would cause numbness - I could better understand the too tight response the other guy got. I've even switched shoes on the off chance it was something caused by the shoe...but they still get numb.