Why do road riders still say that recuments are slow

Bro Deal said:
They don't say they are slow. They say they suck. Once you factor in the aero drag of the long beard that is fashionable amongst recumbent riders and the large flag you are required to fly to prevent being juiced by SUVs, the aero advantage shrinks to about nothing. As soon as you hit any real climbs then the advantage swings to the traditional bike.

Plus, chicks dig dudes on regular bikes. And that is worth going slightly slower.

When they, say anything about bikes and chicks, it's not about recums and regulars. It's about CHOPPERS versus crotch rockets. Women don't get wet when you tell them about your BICYCLE.

When was the last time you took a woman home from a bar or party on your bicycle? Stick to your stand up bike. I think a recum moves too fast for 'ya.

One more thing. If you bought your BICYCLE.....to impress women, it's no wonder you're slow.

NORECUMYET said:
When they, say anything about bikes and chicks, it's not about recums and regulars. It's about CHOPPERS versus crotch rockets. Women don't get wet when you tell them about your BICYCLE.

When was the last time you took a woman home from a bar or party on your bicycle? Stick to your stand up bike. I think a recum moves too fast for 'ya.

One more thing. If you bought your BICYCLE.....to impress women, it's no wonder you're slow.
The tone of that post seems to have completely escaped you.

NORECUMYET said:

Wow that was off base.

WARNING: SARCASTIC CONTENT

I weep (I got that from Alienator ;) )for your ignorance at a post which clearly was pretty freakin' hilarious, and nothing more. Next time, think about the post you just read, and...o yea throw some common sense in if you feel like it.

This was off topic...I know.

By the way BUDDY... next time you pick a woman up, or man for that matter, on a recumbent, let me now.:)