Why do we have to guarantee the citizens of the world their religious freedom?

Discussion in 'Your Bloody Soap Box' started by garage sale GT, Aug 6, 2016.

1. garage sale GT

garage sale GT Active Member

If it's un-American to deny entry to a Moslem because they are Moslem, are we obligated to extend American rights to the citizens of the world, such as freedom of religion?

We don't have to extend American rights to the rest of the world.

If we do, maybe we should let foreigners in here to vote? Then ALL the people of the world could vote themselves favors from the public treasury like "Cash for Klunkers" or the highway stimulus. We could have good highways all over the world, funded with our tax dollars. They could throw out their old pickups and ancient Japanese sedans and buy new Silverados.

Maybe we should, hypothetically speaking, invade oppressive regimes in order to force their governments to respect our First Amendment?

Maybe we should free all the people in jail to make sure American due process rights and Miranda warning rights were applied?

Tags:

2. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

The world and the US is all screwed up. If that is what you seem to be stating, I agree.

3. garage sale GT

Trump suggested not allowing Moslems to immigrate to the US. I am saying we don't owe foreign nationals the right of religious freedom.

4. Weatherby

Weatherby Active Member

Owe?

We owe it to the citizens to ensure any who enter are here with noble intentions.

When the 99.9% of the just, law abiding Muslims speak out and take action against their heathen brethren, I'll listen to pukes like you.

5. garage sale GT

You're a moron.

What part of my post is asking that we extend the concept of religious freedom to foreigners?

You do raise an interesting point. There's probably a few percent very liberal Moslems, a few percent of extremists who are apt to join ISIS or Al Quaeda, but it is entirely possible many centrists have sympathies for the extremists, but don't view themselves personally as hand picked by god to do the actual terrorism.

6. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

All Immigrants should be vetted. Japan and Switzerland are two countries that have strict policies for immigration and I have yet to hear anyone call them racist.

7. Weatherby

Weatherby Active Member

We do not owe foreign nationals anything. Nothing.

As far as who is the moron, who conflates cash for clunkers, highway stimulus, first amendment rights, miranda rights and the kicker....letting criminals out of prison. These are a fine and dandy but I sort of like the second amendment. I should be allowed to defend myself against foreign nationals here who want to harm us or me.

Maybe I misunderstood your original post but it was a bunch of gibberish

8. Jim Seattle

Jim Seattle New Member

It goes with allowing you your religious choice.

9. garage sale GT

If we must grant them one right, we must grant them all the rest, such as the right to vote for cash for clunkers.

Yeah, that's real confusing.

10. Bob Ross

Bob Ross Member

Wow, that's quite a leap.

Why would you even conflate the two wholly unrelated concepts?

11. garage sale GT

Who am I kidding?

I suspected Trump had lost his mind when he wanted to ban entry based on a specific religion, as if that would fly with the American people, as if a dedicated terrorist couldn't just lie or come in illegally, but the wiretap thing tears it.

Obama did NOT wiretap anyone.

Why should he when so many are on his side? He can just retire to the lecture circuit now.

He can't be president for a third term because of the 22nd Amendment.

He might be a nice, principled, more or less qualified guy, but he is not some kind of Zorro of Obamunism.