Why do you Cook?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Monsur Fromage du Pollet, Jul 23, 2005.

  1. serene

    serene Guest

    Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Mon 25 Jul 2005 11:27:29a, Ranee Mueller wrote in rec.food.cooking:
    >

    > > Now, of course, I don't load a meal with things that I know everyone
    > > dislikes, but if something that is part of the meal isn't a favorite of
    > > someone, they still have to eat a little bit anyway. If the kids
    > > complain, Rich explains that Mama made this for them to nourish them and
    > > out of love and how would they like it if they made a picture for me and
    > > I said that I didn't want it or that it was yucky. That usually makes
    > > the point.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Ranee

    > Thank you, Ranee, for your thoughtful comments. I totally agree with your
    > premise and the way you provide for your husband and kids. If I had kids I
    > would certainly be inclined to do the same.

    I never force children to eat anything they don't like. Not even a
    little bit. I think it's unnecessary. No one gets to force me to eat,
    and my kids grew up whole and healthy just fine without being forced to
    eat foods they didn't like.

    For instance, Munchkin The Elder dislikes most veggies, but zie does
    like carrots, green peppers, and lettuce, along with most fruits, so
    zie's not missing any vitamins by not eating peas, for example.

    serene

  2. serene

    serene Guest

    Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Mon 25 Jul 2005 11:27:29a, Ranee Mueller wrote in rec.food.cooking:
    >

    > > Now, of course, I don't load a meal with things that I know everyone
    > > dislikes, but if something that is part of the meal isn't a favorite of
    > > someone, they still have to eat a little bit anyway. If the kids
    > > complain, Rich explains that Mama made this for them to nourish them and
    > > out of love and how would they like it if they made a picture for me and
    > > I said that I didn't want it or that it was yucky. That usually makes
    > > the point.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Ranee

    > Thank you, Ranee, for your thoughtful comments. I totally agree with your
    > premise and the way you provide for your husband and kids. If I had kids I
    > would certainly be inclined to do the same.

    I never force children to eat anything they don't like. Not even a
    little bit. I think it's unnecessary. No one gets to force me to eat,
    and my kids grew up whole and healthy just fine without being forced to
    eat foods they didn't like.

    For instance, Munchkin The Elder dislikes most veggies, but zie does
    like carrots, green peppers, and lettuce, along with most fruits, so
    zie's not missing any vitamins by not eating peas, for example.

    serene

  3. serene

    serene Guest

    Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Mon 25 Jul 2005 11:27:29a, Ranee Mueller wrote in rec.food.cooking:
    >

    > > Now, of course, I don't load a meal with things that I know everyone
    > > dislikes, but if something that is part of the meal isn't a favorite of
    > > someone, they still have to eat a little bit anyway. If the kids
    > > complain, Rich explains that Mama made this for them to nourish them and
    > > out of love and how would they like it if they made a picture for me and
    > > I said that I didn't want it or that it was yucky. That usually makes
    > > the point.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Ranee

    > Thank you, Ranee, for your thoughtful comments. I totally agree with your
    > premise and the way you provide for your husband and kids. If I had kids I
    > would certainly be inclined to do the same.

    I never force children to eat anything they don't like. Not even a
    little bit. I think it's unnecessary. No one gets to force me to eat,
    and my kids grew up whole and healthy just fine without being forced to
    eat foods they didn't like.

    For instance, Munchkin The Elder dislikes most veggies, but zie does
    like carrots, green peppers, and lettuce, along with most fruits, so
    zie's not missing any vitamins by not eating peas, for example.

    serene

  4. serene

    serene Guest

    Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Mon 25 Jul 2005 11:27:29a, Ranee Mueller wrote in rec.food.cooking:
    >

    > > Now, of course, I don't load a meal with things that I know everyone
    > > dislikes, but if something that is part of the meal isn't a favorite of
    > > someone, they still have to eat a little bit anyway. If the kids
    > > complain, Rich explains that Mama made this for them to nourish them and
    > > out of love and how would they like it if they made a picture for me and
    > > I said that I didn't want it or that it was yucky. That usually makes
    > > the point.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Ranee

    > Thank you, Ranee, for your thoughtful comments. I totally agree with your
    > premise and the way you provide for your husband and kids. If I had kids I
    > would certainly be inclined to do the same.

    I never force children to eat anything they don't like. Not even a
    little bit. I think it's unnecessary. No one gets to force me to eat,
    and my kids grew up whole and healthy just fine without being forced to
    eat foods they didn't like.

    For instance, Munchkin The Elder dislikes most veggies, but zie does
    like carrots, green peppers, and lettuce, along with most fruits, so
    zie's not missing any vitamins by not eating peas, for example.

    serene

  5. serene

    serene Guest

    Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Mon 25 Jul 2005 11:27:29a, Ranee Mueller wrote in rec.food.cooking:
    >

    > > Now, of course, I don't load a meal with things that I know everyone
    > > dislikes, but if something that is part of the meal isn't a favorite of
    > > someone, they still have to eat a little bit anyway. If the kids
    > > complain, Rich explains that Mama made this for them to nourish them and
    > > out of love and how would they like it if they made a picture for me and
    > > I said that I didn't want it or that it was yucky. That usually makes
    > > the point.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Ranee

    > Thank you, Ranee, for your thoughtful comments. I totally agree with your
    > premise and the way you provide for your husband and kids. If I had kids I
    > would certainly be inclined to do the same.

    I never force children to eat anything they don't like. Not even a
    little bit. I think it's unnecessary. No one gets to force me to eat,
    and my kids grew up whole and healthy just fine without being forced to
    eat foods they didn't like.

    For instance, Munchkin The Elder dislikes most veggies, but zie does
    like carrots, green peppers, and lettuce, along with most fruits, so
    zie's not missing any vitamins by not eating peas, for example.

    serene

  6. serene

    serene Guest

    Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Mon 25 Jul 2005 11:27:29a, Ranee Mueller wrote in rec.food.cooking:
    >

    > > Now, of course, I don't load a meal with things that I know everyone
    > > dislikes, but if something that is part of the meal isn't a favorite of
    > > someone, they still have to eat a little bit anyway. If the kids
    > > complain, Rich explains that Mama made this for them to nourish them and
    > > out of love and how would they like it if they made a picture for me and
    > > I said that I didn't want it or that it was yucky. That usually makes
    > > the point.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Ranee

    > Thank you, Ranee, for your thoughtful comments. I totally agree with your
    > premise and the way you provide for your husband and kids. If I had kids I
    > would certainly be inclined to do the same.

    I never force children to eat anything they don't like. Not even a
    little bit. I think it's unnecessary. No one gets to force me to eat,
    and my kids grew up whole and healthy just fine without being forced to
    eat foods they didn't like.

    For instance, Munchkin The Elder dislikes most veggies, but zie does
    like carrots, green peppers, and lettuce, along with most fruits, so
    zie's not missing any vitamins by not eating peas, for example.

    serene

  7. serene

    serene Guest

    Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Mon 25 Jul 2005 11:27:29a, Ranee Mueller wrote in rec.food.cooking:
    >

    > > Now, of course, I don't load a meal with things that I know everyone
    > > dislikes, but if something that is part of the meal isn't a favorite of
    > > someone, they still have to eat a little bit anyway. If the kids
    > > complain, Rich explains that Mama made this for them to nourish them and
    > > out of love and how would they like it if they made a picture for me and
    > > I said that I didn't want it or that it was yucky. That usually makes
    > > the point.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > > Ranee

    > Thank you, Ranee, for your thoughtful comments. I totally agree with your
    > premise and the way you provide for your husband and kids. If I had kids I
    > would certainly be inclined to do the same.

    I never force children to eat anything they don't like. Not even a
    little bit. I think it's unnecessary. No one gets to force me to eat,
    and my kids grew up whole and healthy just fine without being forced to
    eat foods they didn't like.

    For instance, Munchkin The Elder dislikes most veggies, but zie does
    like carrots, green peppers, and lettuce, along with most fruits, so
    zie's not missing any vitamins by not eating peas, for example.

    serene

  8. Debbie

    Debbie Guest

    serene wrote:
    >> Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Mon 25 Jul 2005 11:27:29a, Ranee Mueller wrote in
    >>> rec.food.cooking:

    >>> Thank you, Ranee, for your thoughtful comments. I totally agree
    >>> with your premise and the way you provide for your husband and
    >>> kids. If I had kids I would certainly be inclined to do the same.

    >> I never force children to eat anything they don't like. Not even a
    >> little bit. I think it's unnecessary. No one gets to force me to
    >> eat, and my kids grew up whole and healthy just fine without being
    >> forced to eat foods they didn't like.
    >>
    >> For instance, Munchkin The Elder dislikes most veggies, but zie does
    >> like carrots, green peppers, and lettuce, along with most fruits, so
    >> zie's not missing any vitamins by not eating peas, for example.

    I had the 2 bite rule for new foods or about a heaping teaspoon serving of
    foods they had previously tried. Usually one mouthful.. if they didn't like
    it they could get 10 mouthfuls out of it. :)

    Debbie

  9. Debbie

    Debbie Guest

    serene wrote:
    >> Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Mon 25 Jul 2005 11:27:29a, Ranee Mueller wrote in
    >>> rec.food.cooking:

    >>> Thank you, Ranee, for your thoughtful comments. I totally agree
    >>> with your premise and the way you provide for your husband and
    >>> kids. If I had kids I would certainly be inclined to do the same.

    >> I never force children to eat anything they don't like. Not even a
    >> little bit. I think it's unnecessary. No one gets to force me to
    >> eat, and my kids grew up whole and healthy just fine without being
    >> forced to eat foods they didn't like.
    >>
    >> For instance, Munchkin The Elder dislikes most veggies, but zie does
    >> like carrots, green peppers, and lettuce, along with most fruits, so
    >> zie's not missing any vitamins by not eating peas, for example.

    I had the 2 bite rule for new foods or about a heaping teaspoon serving of
    foods they had previously tried. Usually one mouthful.. if they didn't like
    it they could get 10 mouthfuls out of it. :)

    Debbie

  10. Debbie

    Debbie Guest

    serene wrote:
    >> Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Mon 25 Jul 2005 11:27:29a, Ranee Mueller wrote in
    >>> rec.food.cooking:

    >>> Thank you, Ranee, for your thoughtful comments. I totally agree
    >>> with your premise and the way you provide for your husband and
    >>> kids. If I had kids I would certainly be inclined to do the same.

    >> I never force children to eat anything they don't like. Not even a
    >> little bit. I think it's unnecessary. No one gets to force me to
    >> eat, and my kids grew up whole and healthy just fine without being
    >> forced to eat foods they didn't like.
    >>
    >> For instance, Munchkin The Elder dislikes most veggies, but zie does
    >> like carrots, green peppers, and lettuce, along with most fruits, so
    >> zie's not missing any vitamins by not eating peas, for example.

    I had the 2 bite rule for new foods or about a heaping teaspoon serving of
    foods they had previously tried. Usually one mouthful.. if they didn't like
    it they could get 10 mouthfuls out of it. :)

    Debbie

  11. Debbie

    Debbie Guest

    serene wrote:
    >> Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Mon 25 Jul 2005 11:27:29a, Ranee Mueller wrote in
    >>> rec.food.cooking:

    >>> Thank you, Ranee, for your thoughtful comments. I totally agree
    >>> with your premise and the way you provide for your husband and
    >>> kids. If I had kids I would certainly be inclined to do the same.

    >> I never force children to eat anything they don't like. Not even a
    >> little bit. I think it's unnecessary. No one gets to force me to
    >> eat, and my kids grew up whole and healthy just fine without being
    >> forced to eat foods they didn't like.
    >>
    >> For instance, Munchkin The Elder dislikes most veggies, but zie does
    >> like carrots, green peppers, and lettuce, along with most fruits, so
    >> zie's not missing any vitamins by not eating peas, for example.

    I had the 2 bite rule for new foods or about a heaping teaspoon serving of
    foods they had previously tried. Usually one mouthful.. if they didn't like
    it they could get 10 mouthfuls out of it. :)

    Debbie

  12. Debbie

    Debbie Guest

    serene wrote:
    >> Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Mon 25 Jul 2005 11:27:29a, Ranee Mueller wrote in
    >>> rec.food.cooking:

    >>> Thank you, Ranee, for your thoughtful comments. I totally agree
    >>> with your premise and the way you provide for your husband and
    >>> kids. If I had kids I would certainly be inclined to do the same.

    >> I never force children to eat anything they don't like. Not even a
    >> little bit. I think it's unnecessary. No one gets to force me to
    >> eat, and my kids grew up whole and healthy just fine without being
    >> forced to eat foods they didn't like.
    >>
    >> For instance, Munchkin The Elder dislikes most veggies, but zie does
    >> like carrots, green peppers, and lettuce, along with most fruits, so
    >> zie's not missing any vitamins by not eating peas, for example.

    I had the 2 bite rule for new foods or about a heaping teaspoon serving of
    foods they had previously tried. Usually one mouthful.. if they didn't like
    it they could get 10 mouthfuls out of it. :)

    Debbie

  13. Debbie

    Debbie Guest

    serene wrote:
    >> Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Mon 25 Jul 2005 11:27:29a, Ranee Mueller wrote in
    >>> rec.food.cooking:

    >>> Thank you, Ranee, for your thoughtful comments. I totally agree
    >>> with your premise and the way you provide for your husband and
    >>> kids. If I had kids I would certainly be inclined to do the same.

    >> I never force children to eat anything they don't like. Not even a
    >> little bit. I think it's unnecessary. No one gets to force me to
    >> eat, and my kids grew up whole and healthy just fine without being
    >> forced to eat foods they didn't like.
    >>
    >> For instance, Munchkin The Elder dislikes most veggies, but zie does
    >> like carrots, green peppers, and lettuce, along with most fruits, so
    >> zie's not missing any vitamins by not eating peas, for example.

    I had the 2 bite rule for new foods or about a heaping teaspoon serving of
    foods they had previously tried. Usually one mouthful.. if they didn't like
    it they could get 10 mouthfuls out of it. :)

    Debbie

  14. Debbie

    Debbie Guest

    serene wrote:
    >> Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Mon 25 Jul 2005 11:27:29a, Ranee Mueller wrote in
    >>> rec.food.cooking:

    >>> Thank you, Ranee, for your thoughtful comments. I totally agree
    >>> with your premise and the way you provide for your husband and
    >>> kids. If I had kids I would certainly be inclined to do the same.

    >> I never force children to eat anything they don't like. Not even a
    >> little bit. I think it's unnecessary. No one gets to force me to
    >> eat, and my kids grew up whole and healthy just fine without being
    >> forced to eat foods they didn't like.
    >>
    >> For instance, Munchkin The Elder dislikes most veggies, but zie does
    >> like carrots, green peppers, and lettuce, along with most fruits, so
    >> zie's not missing any vitamins by not eating peas, for example.

    I had the 2 bite rule for new foods or about a heaping teaspoon serving of
    foods they had previously tried. Usually one mouthful.. if they didn't like
    it they could get 10 mouthfuls out of it. :)

    Debbie

  15. Debbie

    Debbie Guest

    serene wrote:
    >> Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Mon 25 Jul 2005 11:27:29a, Ranee Mueller wrote in
    >>> rec.food.cooking:

    >>> Thank you, Ranee, for your thoughtful comments. I totally agree
    >>> with your premise and the way you provide for your husband and
    >>> kids. If I had kids I would certainly be inclined to do the same.

    >> I never force children to eat anything they don't like. Not even a
    >> little bit. I think it's unnecessary. No one gets to force me to
    >> eat, and my kids grew up whole and healthy just fine without being
    >> forced to eat foods they didn't like.
    >>
    >> For instance, Munchkin The Elder dislikes most veggies, but zie does
    >> like carrots, green peppers, and lettuce, along with most fruits, so
    >> zie's not missing any vitamins by not eating peas, for example.

    I had the 2 bite rule for new foods or about a heaping teaspoon serving of
    foods they had previously tried. Usually one mouthful.. if they didn't like
    it they could get 10 mouthfuls out of it. :)

    Debbie

  16. serene

    serene Guest

    Debbie <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I had the 2 bite rule for new foods or about a heaping teaspoon serving of
    > foods they had previously tried. Usually one mouthful.. if they didn't like
    > it they could get 10 mouthfuls out of it. :)

    What was the purpose of that rule?

    serene

  17. serene

    serene Guest

    Debbie <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I had the 2 bite rule for new foods or about a heaping teaspoon serving of
    > foods they had previously tried. Usually one mouthful.. if they didn't like
    > it they could get 10 mouthfuls out of it. :)

    What was the purpose of that rule?

    serene

  18. serene

    serene Guest

    Debbie <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I had the 2 bite rule for new foods or about a heaping teaspoon serving of
    > foods they had previously tried. Usually one mouthful.. if they didn't like
    > it they could get 10 mouthfuls out of it. :)

    What was the purpose of that rule?

    serene

  19. serene

    serene Guest

    Debbie <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I had the 2 bite rule for new foods or about a heaping teaspoon serving of
    > foods they had previously tried. Usually one mouthful.. if they didn't like
    > it they could get 10 mouthfuls out of it. :)

    What was the purpose of that rule?

    serene

  20. serene