Why do you hate Lance, it can't be for cheating...



steve26

New Member
Apr 2, 2005
84
0
0
47
First i loved watching Lance race in the Tour.
And i am a fan of his. But I really think everyone in the sport of cycling cheats and no one can win a race like the tour without using drugs....So since all the top riders are on drugs, basso, lance, jan....doesn't that prove that Lance was the best regardless?

Is your main reason for hating lance due to his denial's of ever using them?
But they all deny it but anyone with a brain knows you can not compete against other world class cyclists if you are clean.

So anyone that was close to Lance, had to be on drugs.

I guess I don't understand the hatred for Lance...if you love cycling you can't possibly hate him for using drugs...since everyone is doing it...you would have to hate all of them.

I just see he is the best cyclists of his era....while he may be a cheat...they all cheat...so if you took away all the drugs from everyone he would still be the best...

And for those that don't think Lance doped...then how would he have beaten and stayed close to Pantani in the 2000 tour...when Pantani more than likely never raced a race in his life clean.
 

steve26

New Member
Apr 2, 2005
84
0
0
47
Maybe i was unclear.

My point is that i do think Lance doped...but so what, they all do.

He was still the best. So why do you hate him...don't think the "because he cheated/doped" argument holds any water when they all cheat.
 

poulidor

New Member
Jul 31, 2006
1,464
0
0
steve26 said:
I guess I don't understand the hatred for Lance...if you love cycling you can't possibly hate him for using drugs...since everyone is doing it...you would have to hate all of them.
LA was not a sportman, he was an uppity marketting-man able to threaten other riders who wanted to break the omerta.
He seems really to have no charisma.

If you appen the lies you can understand while people dislike LA, it's in first for his poor behaviour and not because he was a doper too.
 

poulidor

New Member
Jul 31, 2006
1,464
0
0
steve26 said:
I just see he is the best cyclists of his era....while he may be a cheat...they all cheat...so if you took away all the drugs from everyone he would still be the best...

And for those that don't think Lance doped...then how would he have beaten and stayed close to Pantani in the 2000 tour...when Pantani more than likely never raced a race in his life clean.
There is a lot of post to explain you are wrong with this point.
Doping can change the hierarchy, Jalabert, Chiappucci, LA... became climber,...
 

guncha

New Member
Jun 20, 2005
286
0
0
poulidor said:
There is a lot of post to explain you are wrong with this point.
Doping can change the hierarchy, Jalabert, Chiappucci, LA... became climber,...
But maybe Jan benefited from special doping program in an early age, and it lost the efficiency in later years when he became older? I took it as a joke when he did it in 1997, and I thought there must be something terrible behind that because it is not possible that youngster beats the best riders- it doesn't normally happen. I didn't think about him as a super talent but as a mega doper.
 

azdroptop

New Member
May 25, 2005
871
0
0
Most here seem to hate him because he is adimant that he didn't dope and they believe he did.
 

helmutRoole2

New Member
Jul 7, 2006
1,948
0
0
58
steve26 said:
I guess I don't understand the hatred for Lance...
Hey now, hold on a second. I think you're way off base here. I don't think there's any Lance Armstrong haters on this forum? I'm going to put this to a vote.
 

earth_dweller

New Member
Jul 30, 2006
1,814
0
0
It's more than just denying that he doped that gets me. Its the whole koolaid around him that really bugs me: he recovered from cancer cleanly and went out to beat everyone fair & square, Bruyneel is the best tactician in the sport, Carmichael is a great coach, the french media is not only out to get him but they are willing to frame him to do it,...

This **** gets repeated ad nauseum by the 'new cycling fans', OLN and other media bought by his team. HAAAAAAAAAA
 

Bro Deal

New Member
Jun 26, 2006
6,698
4
0
earth_dweller said:
It's more than just denying that he doped that gets me. Its the whole koolaid around him that really bugs me: he recovered from cancer cleanly and went out to beat everyone fair & square, Bruyneel is the best tactician in the sport, Carmichael is a great coach, the french media is not only out to get him but they are willing to frame him to do it,...

This **** gets repeated ad nauseum by the 'new cycling fans', OLN and other media bought by his team. HAAAAAAAAAA
Now that is sport on.

It is also holding himself out at some sort of hero to cancer survivors while doping to win. I find that more despicable than Hamilton asking for donation for his defense.

On top of everything Armstong is one of those guys you occasionally bump into that are assholes, know they are assholes, and enjoy being assholes. It seems to make them feel good about themselves.
 

helmutRoole2

New Member
Jul 7, 2006
1,948
0
0
58
Bro Deal said:
Now that is sport on.

It is also holding himself out at some sort of hero to cancer survivors while doping to win. I find that more despicable than Hamilton asking for donation for his defense.

On top of everything Armstong is one of those guys you occasionally bump into that are assholes, know they are assholes, and enjoy being assholes. It seems to make them feel good about themselves.
Hey Bro, you're closing in on your 1,000th post. How do you plan on commemorating this achievement? I felt bad when no one posted a thread commemorating Lim's 10,000th post but someone pointed out that more than half of what he posts is bullshizzle anyway -- not saying that's true, just restating something I read.

So are you going to... eeeeeeeeeeeh! eeeeeeeeeeeh! jack off on your keyboard?

Sorry, Steve26. I seemed to have hijacked(off) your thread. My apologies.
 

MJtje

New Member
Feb 6, 2005
1,125
0
0
earth_dweller said:
It's more than just denying that he doped that gets me. Its the whole koolaid around him that really bugs me: he recovered from cancer cleanly and went out to beat everyone fair & square, Bruyneel is the best tactician in the sport, Carmichael is a great coach, the french media is not only out to get him but they are willing to frame him to do it,...

This **** gets repeated ad nauseum by the 'new cycling fans', OLN and other media bought by his team. HAAAAAAAAAA
Haha, and we know from daniel coyles book that Armstrongs REAL coach was Ferrari......carmichael was more the motivation coach.......
 

Bro Deal

New Member
Jun 26, 2006
6,698
4
0
helmutRoole2 said:
Hey Bro, you're closing in on your 1,000th post. How do you plan on commemorating this achievement?
I am thinking of a special present from eposino.com.
 

IH8LANCE

New Member
Nov 10, 2006
200
0
0
Bro Deal said:
On top of everything Armstong is one of those guys you occasionally bump into that are assholes, know they are assholes, and enjoy being assholes. It seems to make them feel good about themselves.
Such persons do not need to feel good about themselves. They just need you to know that they could give a sh*t what you think. Oh, he's a menace, that Lance Armstrong.

Waaaaaaaaaaah!
 

jhuskey

Moderator
Oct 6, 2003
10,606
678
113
Bro Deal said:
Now that is sport on.

It is also holding himself out at some sort of hero to cancer survivors while doping to win. I find that more despicable than Hamilton asking for donation for his defense.

On top of everything Armstong is one of those guys you occasionally bump into that are assholes, know they are assholes, and enjoy being assholes. It seems to make them feel good about themselves.


Some of us are and we don't really enjoy it, but are born with talent and the inate ability to be world class asshole.
Why waste such talent.
 

JohnO

New Member
Jul 5, 2003
1,495
0
0
poulidor said:
LA was not a sportman, he was an uppity marketting-man able to threaten other riders who wanted to break the omerta.
He seems really to have no charisma.

Hmmm.... just like Hinault. Ran the peloton with an iron fist, not much charisma.