Why Do You Use An Electric Bicycle?

predagin

Jun 16, 2015
I'll start...
For me, it's my all around vehicle...
It's my fun vehicle, my trip vehicle and my Daily Commuter vehicle.
I lost my license do to money issues and needed something that was legal where I live to use on the road.

So, why do YOU have one?

Reactions: haleylx4
Well, I don't need an E-Assist bike, but I got one because I am starting to use my bike as transportation... Thus it works out better, less sweat, more speed, so it is a viable alternative to my car... Hills, yea, hills are another reason I love my E-Assist bike... There is a difference when you are talking E-assist or E-Bike the way one uses it, maybe even a huge difference... and why one has one, or the other, Just like why one has a regular bike or an "E-Bike" I think/believe...

I got mine to commute 25 miles round trip and to conduct as much business as possible (self employed). I was one to not use the assist much, I would rather pedal more for the exercise. It is always nice to have the assist in rainy or bad weather to get home quicker. After getting my Velomobile I found it to be more comfortable and even faster than the ebike as I can cruise on level and rolling terrain 40+ mph and down hills 50+ mph. Now I only use the ebike for real bad icy weather as I put studded tires on it. It is a nice tool to pull out when the circumstances call for it.

I love everything on 2 wheels, I own motorcycles, bicycles, mopeds & scooters. About 2 years ago I bought a 2 stroke engine kit and installed it on 2 of my bikes. Had a blast with it but didn't like the noise and air pollution it was emitting. Just recently I discovered ebikes and it was the solution to the eco friendly issues. I now own an ebike and ride mostly for exercise and I find it very therapeutic as it relieves a lot of stress from work or everyday life. I also enjoy flying RC helicopters and often would pack a few heli's on my ebike and ride until I see a nice open field to fly. It's nice to fly in different scenario and scenery all with the help of my ebike. I can see myself doing this everyday when I retire.

Mine was supposed to be my rain commuter bike. Since I live in the Puget Sound area, that means it was going to get a lot of work. However, I enjoy it so much, I'm coming up with all kinds of reasons to use it. With racks and panniers it can carry a load. It can get places a little quicker than my other bike... without as much effort. I'm using it more than I use a car now. When the drier months (july/august) come, I suppose I'll be riding the carbon fiber bike much more (no fenders.) However, now that I have found so many more uses for the ebike, I don't expect it to sit idle for long.

predagin said:
I'll start...
For me, it's my all around vehicle...
It's my fun vehicle, my trip vehicle and my Daily Commuter vehicle.
I lost my license do to money issues and needed something that was legal where I live to use on the road.

So, why do YOU have one?
Where I live losing your license (mostly DUI's, unpaid fines ect) is the ONLY reason people drive those E-bikes.
Due to this E-Bikes have a very bad reputation here, we refer to them as "DUI Mobiles."
Doesn't help that most of the operates look like they are impaired when they are on them, have zero respect for other users of the road and generally do whatever they want.

I bought mine with the intention of commuting to work a few days without getting hot and sweaty since I have an office job and no shower facilities where I work. 26 months after delivery I still haven't done that. But it is an awesome orange beast - 2013 Prodeco Outlaw