why does it feel like i ****** my self after 15 minutes in the saddle?

Mike Wing

Jul 20, 2012
ok so i've been riding the stationary bikes in my gym for a while now and a lot of the time after about 15-20 minutes my dong will go a little bit numb and gets warm and every time im scared that i ****** myself..... when im on the road its not as bad because i can get out of the saddle for a bit but i cant stand and pedal on a stationary bike. i was riding the general stationary bikes and they were ok and today i spent the time to set up one of the nice spin bikes to fit me well and it was really bad i thought for sure i was soaking my pants. has anyone had this problem? how can i fix it?

thanks,
Mike

Most health club exercise bikes are ergonomic disasters and have terrible seats. These days, it appears the manufacturer are more interested in the video screens than having a machine that fits right.

I do participate in a spin class regularly in the winter, but we spend a lot of time out of the saddle. Spin bikes are very stable and meant for out of the saddle drills - go ahead and stand up. Spin bikes also can have saddle tilt adjustments, perhaps you can have the staff tip the nose down a bit.

ya i've moves some things around and its fitting a bit better.

i know that the bike would be abel to handle me getting out of the saddle but it just doesn't feel natural. i find it very weird that my upper body doesn't move and i cant handle it. it feels to weird. if i cant rock the bike from side to side im not going to feel rite out of the saddle. plus on top of that the bike is a fixed gear so if i get up out of the saddle i cant coast for a second to get situated back in the saddle. so i think im going to have to deal with what ive got until next summer.

Thanks for the advice,

Mike

I find standing up on the pedals every few minutes helps.

Never experienced such a thing to be honest, but as others suggested it must be your seat. Do you experience the same when you ride different bikes as well?

That seat is rubbing you the wrong way in the most sensitive areas. You need to stop using it if you feel a numbing sensation. Why would you continue to use it after feeling a numbing sensation down there?

15 minutes is not a long time on a stationary bike. I ride non-stop for 30 minutes and feel pretty ok. Something is definitely wrong with your bike's seat and you should ask your gym coach to change it.

Pardon me for intruding. But that symptom is not good. You can ask Lance Armstrong if it is the symptom of testicular cancer. But my bet is prostate problem. Sorry for being negative, I am only speaking based on what I know. I am not a doctor though, just one who is an avid reader of medical articles. I hope it's nothing serious but I still advise you to consult a doctor.

Well, that doesn't seem normal even if the saddles are plain rubbish. I'd take Corzhens' advice and have a doctor look at it.

That happens when your Sitting on a stationary bike for long periods, basically your butt gets numb. That's why it's best to alternate sitting and standing up.

Yeah you have to stand up just as you start feeling odd down there, and stand for about 2 minutes will ease it. Since I've gotten older about 15 years ago I started getting and odd sensation that after riding the bike for more than a couple of hours then go home and pee it burns, but if I wait about 2 hours after getting home and then pee that sensation goes away. A doc told me that the things got numb and I didn't notice it so the trying to pee wakes it up rudely.

Reactions: Kakashi
Years back I learned a very important lesson in sitting on a bikes saddle and that's if you're butt is feeling something then stand up or take a break and look at it. One time I didn't stop until Its all numb and when I got home well let's just say the skin got torn and it was hard sitting down for a week.

For older males, it's more commonly due to an enlargement of the prostate, which doesn't necessarily mean that one is sick but just aggravated by the cycling position.

What you should try to do is to ensure that you take some time to stay up from the paddle because sitting on it for a whole lot of time is not the

For older males, it's more commonly due to an enlargement of the prostate, which doesn't necessarily mean that one is sick but just aggravated by the cycling position.

That's the issue as the position is what really make it a bit discomfort as well which I totally understands. I have always try as much as I could to ensure that I find a solution by getting some foam materials whenever I am sitting on it.

They should really make comfortable bike seats. You know up to now, I haven't seen one. I mean it's 2018 and manufacturers still sell uncomfortable seats with the bike. Someone should really do something about this.