Why does my CHAIN....

TBerk

Guest
1) Jump off the front gear when I pedal backwards?

2) yank on the rear derailer sometimes making it snap backwards from
time to time?

Thanks in advance,
TBerk

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 19:13:02 -0700 (PDT), TBerk
<[email protected]> wrote:

>1) Jump off the front gear when I pedal backwards?
>
>2) yank on the rear derailer sometimes making it snap backwards from
>time to time?
>

>Thanks in advance,
>TBerk

Does it by chance need cleaning and lubricating? A stiff chain WILL do
that.

TBerk wrote:
> 1) Jump off the front gear when I pedal backwards?

Alignment, stiff link.

> 2) yank on the rear derailer sometimes making it snap backwards from
> time to time?

Stiff link.

TBerk wrote:

> 1) Jump off the front gear when I pedal backwards?
>
> 2) yank on the rear derailer sometimes making it snap backwards from
> time to time?
>

> Thanks in advance,
> TBerk

When was the last time you cleaned and lubed your chain?

On Apr 26, 4:27 am, catzz66 <[email protected]> wrote:
> TBerk wrote:
>
> > 1) Jump off the front gear when I pedal backwards?

> > 2) yank on the rear derailer sometimes making it snap backwards from
> > time to time?

> > Thanks in advance,
> > TBerk

> When was the last time you cleaned and lubed your chain?

Good point. I haven't.

What I _did_ do recently was take apart the rear dérailleur gears and
repack them with clean bearing grease. (I found some grass stems
wrapped up in there.)

I'll try the clean chain, lube inside of links, wipe down out side of
chain proceedure today and report back.

TBerk