Why does the p*****e fairy strike when it raining.

Chris Gerhard

Guest
Typical. A bit of rain and this morning commute is interrupted by a flat
front tyre.

Grrr

I feel better for that.

--chris

Chris Gerhard wrote:

> Typical.

There's more stuff in the road as it gets washed out from verges, gutters,
fields, pavements, etc; stuff sticks to the tyres more easily; moisture
'lubricates' the entry of stuff into tyres.

I had a puncture yesterday. My first since the last time it rained really
heavily and I was out on my bike on the Dorset Downs Audax and I had three
punctures (count them!). I had completely the wrong tyres for the
conditions.

Simonb wrote:
> Chris Gerhard wrote:
>
> > Typical.

> There's more stuff in the road as it gets washed out from verges, gutters,
> fields, pavements, etc; stuff sticks to the tyres more easily; moisture
> 'lubricates' the entry of stuff into tyres.
>
> I had a puncture yesterday. My first since the last time it rained really
> heavily and I was out on my bike on the Dorset Downs Audax and I had three
> punctures (count them!). I had completely the wrong tyres for the
> conditions.

I had 5, count 'em, on the National 400 last year, all within 3 k of
(2) torrential downpours. Curious

Chris Gerhard wrote:
> Typical. A bit of rain and this morning commute is interrupted by a flat
> front tyre.

Road debris sticks to your tyres in the wet and has multiple penetration
attempts. :-| (straight face, avoiding puerile giggles)

Many years ago, my Peugeot Super Competition racing bike with tubular
tyres had a little metal wire semicircular "hoop" on each wheel with
attachment arms that fixed to the brake bolt and rested on the tyre.

These weighed virtually nothing, and brushed any stuff sticking to the
tyre off. Worked very well, I believe: light tubs got hardly any
punctures, even with hawthorn hedges.

Not seen them since...

--
Mark.
http://tranchant.plus.com/

Chris Gerhard wrote:

> Typical. A bit of rain and this morning commute is interrupted by a flat
> front tyre.
>
> Grrr
>
> I feel better for that.
>
> --chris

For exactly same reason as you get a puncture immediately after crossing a
field full of cows*.

P.S. Do they eat thorn bushes?

* [substitute your favourite quadrupedal s**t engine]
--
Nigel Wade

Nigel Wade wrote:

> * [substitute your favourite quadrupedal s**t engine]

Jeremy Clarkson?

--
jc

Remove the -not from email

Chris Gerhard wrote:
> Typical. A bit of rain and this morning commute is interrupted by a flat
> front tyre.
>
> Grrr
>
> I feel better for that.
>
> --chris

It's ok for some innit?

My p*nct*r* was in the back tyre and I was down to one spare inner tube,
wrong size of course, and me bl**dy pump wasn't co-operating.

To cap it all SWMBO phoned me at work only to start panicking 'cause I
wasn't there yet.

A pox on the p*nct*r* fairy!

Terry Duckmanton
ps. must remember to repair the tube before tomorrow's commute.

Jeremy Collins wrote:

> Nigel Wade wrote:
>

>> * [substitute your favourite quadrupedal s**t engine]

> Jeremy Clarkson?

He has four legs?

Even neanderthals had only two...
--