Why does the ring rotate around my head?

Francispoon

Guest
My tinnitus starts in the morning with a low key ring in my left ear and the left side of my brain
feels a bit of a migraine. Time and time again i have discovered and experienced that both
hydrochloridethiazide and flurazine chloride have the tendency of moving the ring 'evenly' into my
brain as the day develops and sometimes into a full fledged T! When i looked up in Google, i
discovered someone else has had the same observation.

I was advised that hydrochloridethiazide is used to treat tinnitus patients and does not cause T.
But if that is how it treats my tinnitus, I would rather have the ring left in my left ear than
evenly throughout my brain. When i cut down the amount of Dyazide in my bp regime, it does have an
impact of 'moving less' ring into the brain. Is this real or imaginary?

I am wondering if someone here has had this observation with diurectics and especially the one with
the content of 'chloride' in it.

THX

FP

Dear FP:

There is very little that anyone can really do to help other than to share their experiences. Most
of us hae achieved the peace you seek, but at times, in different ways. The good news is that it
ALWAYS get easier to deal with...sometimes sooner and sometimes later. From my own personal
experience, and from participating here for 7 years, I am certain of one thing. A fervent analsis of
every aspect of your tinnitus and every possible cure and treatment will delay your process of
habituaion or acclimation. In my opinion this is what you are doing. I offer this as an observation,
not a criticism, as I have been there, done that.

Wishing you peace in this process,

PaulS

Perhaps diurectics that is so commonly used does cause tinnitus in some people.

Take a look at the following:

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=hydrochloride+thiazide+tinnitus&sp=1&ei=UTF-8&cop=mss&fr=fp-tab-
web-t&SpellState=

FP

"PaulS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Dear FP:
>
> There is very little that anyone can really do to help other than to share their experiences. Most
> of us hae achieved the peace you seek, but at times, in different ways. The good news is that it
> ALWAYS get easier to deal with...sometimes sooner and sometimes later. From my own personal
> experience, and from participating here for 7 years, I am certain of one thing. A fervent analsis
> of every aspect of your tinnitus and every possible cure and treatment will delay your process of
> habituaion or acclimation. In my opinion this is what you are doing. I offer this as an
> observation, not a criticism, as I have been there, done that.
>
> Wishing you peace in this process,
>
> PaulS

"PaulS" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> A fervent analsis of every aspect of your tinnitus and every possible cure and treatment will
> delay your process of habituaion or acclimation.

Tinnitus is such a mean beast. Having suffered from it for 21 years, I can tell you it is enough to
drive you over the edge at times. Mine was/is accompanied by Meniere's Syndrome. I had a chemical
labyrinthectomy to solve the symptoms of that disease but the tinnitus, even in the presence of
total hearing loss in the offending ear, persists.

I tried every trick in the book. Consulted every doc I could find. Wasted countless days scouring
the Internet (and the operative word there is "wasted"). The end result is you make peace with your
problem. It's not going anywhere anytime soon. The researcher who solves tinnitus will be one
wealthy person. I have hopes it will happen in my lifetime.

Regards,

Glenn

francispoon wrote:

> My tinnitus starts in the morning with a low key ring in my left ear and the left side of my brain
> feels a bit of a migraine. Time and time again i have discovered and experienced that both
> hydrochloridethiazide and flurazine chloride have the tendency of moving the ring 'evenly' into my
> brain as the day develops and sometimes into a full fledged T! When i looked up in Google, i
> discovered someone else has had the same observation.
>
> I was advised that hydrochloridethiazide is used to treat tinnitus patients and does not cause T.
> But if that is how it treats my tinnitus, I would rather have the ring left in my left ear than
> evenly throughout my brain. When i cut down the amount of Dyazide in my bp regime, it does have an
> impact of 'moving less' ring into the brain. Is this real or imaginary?

If it is real to you, whether anyone thinks it is imaginary is immaterial.

> I am wondering if someone here has had this observation with diurectics and especially the one
> with the content of 'chloride' in it.

Tinnitus would be a rare side effect of diuretics.

> THX
>
> FP

You are welcome.

Humbly,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> francispoon wrote:
>
> > My tinnitus starts in the morning with a low key ring in my left ear and the left side of my
> > brain feels a bit of a migraine. Time and time again i have discovered and experienced that both
> > hydrochloridethiazide and flurazine chloride have the tendency of moving the ring 'evenly' into
> > my brain as the day develops and sometimes into a full fledged T! When i looked up in Google, i
> > discovered someone else has had the same observation.
> >
> > I was advised that hydrochloridethiazide is used to treat tinnitus patients and does not cause
> > T. But if that is how it treats my tinnitus, I would rather have the ring left in my left ear
> > than evenly throughout my brain. When i cut down the amount of Dyazide in my bp regime, it does
> > have an impact of 'moving less' ring into the brain. Is this real or imaginary?
> >

> If it is real to you, whether anyone thinks it is imaginary is immaterial.

The best answer so far....

> > I am wondering if someone here has had this observation with diurectics and especially the one
> > with the content of 'chloride' in it.
> >

> Tinnitus would be a rare side effect of diuretics.

Agreed. But in this case it moves the ring from the left to the whole head or into the brain. It
does not cause it but 'moves' it.

Make any sense to you? Does it have that property which squeezes liquid out of the migraine in one
side and the sensation is felt on the other side.

FP
====================>

[email protected] (Glenn) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "PaulS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > A fervent analsis of every aspect of your tinnitus and every possible cure and treatment will
> > delay your process of habituaion or acclimation.
>
> Tinnitus is such a mean beast. Having suffered from it for 21 years, I can tell you it is enough
> to drive you over the edge at times. Mine was/is accompanied by Meniere's Syndrome. I had a
> chemical labyrinthectomy to solve the symptoms of that disease but the tinnitus, even in the
> presence of total hearing loss in the offending ear, persists.
>
> I tried every trick in the book. Consulted every doc I could find.

Consult an unorthodox doctor...

FP
=====================

francispoon wrote:

> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > francispoon wrote:
> >
> > > My tinnitus starts in the morning with a low key ring in my left ear and the left side of my
> > > brain feels a bit of a migraine. Time and time again i have discovered and experienced that
> > > both hydrochloridethiazide and flurazine chloride have the tendency of moving the ring
> > > 'evenly' into my brain as the day develops and sometimes into a full fledged T! When i looked
> > > up in Google, i discovered someone else has had the same observation.
> > >
> > > I was advised that hydrochloridethiazide is used to treat tinnitus patients and does not cause
> > > T. But if that is how it treats my tinnitus, I would rather have the ring left in my left ear
> > > than evenly throughout my brain. When i cut down the amount of Dyazide in my bp regime, it
> > > does have an impact of 'moving less' ring into the brain. Is this real or imaginary?
> > >

> > If it is real to you, whether anyone thinks it is imaginary is immaterial.
>
> The best answer so far....
>

> > > I am wondering if someone here has had this observation with diurectics and especially the one
> > > with the content of 'chloride' in it.
> > >

> > Tinnitus would be a rare side effect of diuretics.
>
> Agreed. But in this case it moves the ring from the left to the whole head or into the brain. It
> does not cause it but 'moves' it.
>
> Make any sense to you?

Yes.

> Does it have that property which squeezes liquid out of the migraine in one side and the
> sensation is felt on the other side.

Suspect it it increasing the tinnitus in the right ear.

Humbly,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com/

"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> francispoon wrote:
>
> > My tinnitus starts in the morning with a low key ring in my left ear and the left side of my
> > brain feels a bit of a migraine. Time and time again i have discovered and experienced that both
> > hydrochloridethiazide and flurazine chloride have the tendency of moving the ring 'evenly' into
> > my brain as the day develops and sometimes into a full fledged T! When i looked up in Google, i
> > discovered someone else has had the same observation.
> >
> > I was advised that hydrochloridethiazide is used to treat tinnitus patients and does not cause
> > T. But if that is how it treats my tinnitus, I would rather have the ring left in my left ear
> > than evenly throughout my brain. When i cut down the amount of Dyazide in my bp regime, it does
> > have an impact of 'moving less' ring into the brain. Is this real or imaginary?
> >

> If it is real to you, whether anyone thinks it is imaginary is immaterial.
>

> > I am wondering if someone here has had this observation with diurectics and especially the one
> > with the content of 'chloride' in it.
> >

> Tinnitus would be a rare side effect of diuretics.

How about CHLORIDE in general? When my doctor prescribed FLURAZINE CHLORIDE to me in order to
increase blood circulation of the head, I discovered that this medicine _also_ has the property of
'moving' the ring from my left ear into the brain. When I cut down the amount from 10mg to 5 mg, it
tended to move 'less' to the right. I don't think it was imaginary. Both Dyazide and FLURAZINE
CHLORIDE, when interacting with Zestril, tended to lower my blood pressure too. The results were
recorded clearly on the meter.

FP
====================================

> > THX
> >
> > FP
>
> You are welcome.
>
> Humbly,
>
> Andrew

[email protected] (Glenn) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "PaulS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > A fervent analsis of every aspect of your tinnitus and every possible cure and treatment will
> > delay your process of habituaion or acclimation.
>
> Tinnitus is such a mean beast. Having suffered from it for 21 years, I can tell you it is enough
> to drive you over the edge at times. Mine was/is accompanied by Meniere's Syndrome. I had a
> chemical labyrinthectomy to solve the symptoms of that disease but the tinnitus, even in the
> presence of total hearing loss in the offending ear, persists.
>
> I tried every trick in the book. Consulted every doc I could find.

I am going through a treatment in a traditional Chinese medical college. The doctor, who is also a
professor, calls T a "kidney disease". Do you have a scientific way by which you could tell if your
kidney is in trouble? There are two characteristics when the kidny is not working properly:(1)a
dried mouth or the secretion of the saliva is very little and (2)the ringing takes the form of a
high frequency buzz...

FP
================================
> Wasted countless days scouring the Internet (and the operative word there is "wasted"). The end
> result is you make peace with your problem. It's not going anywhere anytime soon. The researcher
> who solves tinnitus will be one wealthy person. I have hopes it will happen in my lifetime.
>
> Regards,
>
> Glenn

"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> francispoon wrote:

snipped...

> > I am wondering if someone here has had this observation with diurectics and especially the one
> > with the content of 'chloride' in it.
> >

> Tinnitus would be a rare side effect of diuretics.

PLEASE LOOK AT 'CHLORIDE' IN GENERAL!!!!!!!!!

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=fluoride+chloride+tinnitus&sp=1&n=20&fl=0&fr=fp-tab-web-
t&SpellState=

"CHLORIDE could generate tinnitus or ringing in the ear especially amongst the elderly..."

FP
====================================

[email protected] (francispoon) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > francispoon wrote:
> >
> snipped...
> > >
> > > I am wondering if someone here has had this observation with diurectics and especially the one
> > > with the content of 'chloride' in it.
> > >

> > Tinnitus would be a rare side effect of diuretics.
> >
> PLEASE LOOK AT 'CHLORIDE' IN GENERAL!!!!!!!!!
>
> http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=fluoride+chloride+tinnitus&sp=1&n=20&fl=0&fr=fp-tab-web-
> t&SpellState=
>
> "CHLORIDE could generate tinnitus or ringing in the ear especially amongst the elderly..."
>
> FP

Salt is sodium chloride, Francis.

Humbly,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com

"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> francispoon wrote:
>
> > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...

> > > If it is real to you, whether anyone thinks it is imaginary is immaterial.
> >
> > The best answer so far....

> > > Tinnitus would be a rare side effect of diuretics.
> >
> > Agreed. But in this case it moves the ring from the left to the whole head or into the brain. It
> > does not cause it but 'moves' it.
> >
> > Make any sense to you?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Does it have that property which squeezes liquid out of the migraine in one side and the
> > sensation is felt on the other side.
> >

> Suspect it it increasing the tinnitus in the right ear.

I took away Dyazide this morning and replaced it with 2.5 mg of Plendil. The combination of 10 mg of
Zestril and 2.5 mg of Plendil has produced a bp of 135-150//75-88. But the beauty is the ring is now
predominantly confined to the left side of my head and has left my right side 'silent'. This
scenario is more acceptable than before. Praise the Lord! I am thinking of changing the regimen to
5mg of Plendil and 5 mg of Zestril and see how it will work. The Book of I Ching says it will work.
Actually 5mg of Plendil and 5mg of a 24 hours acting beta-blocker will do better but beta blocker
produces impotence in me and therefore I for the time being stick to ACE inhibitor as a co-partner
in my bp regimen. I was thinking of asking you to give it some thought to a pill that can be taken
with my bp pills and is used for controlling migraine. But Plendil seems to have done the job of
neutralizing the migraine for whatever quasi-scientific/imaginary reasons.

Comments?

FP

francispoon wrote:

> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > francispoon wrote:
> >
> > > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:<[email protected]>...

> > > The best answer so far....

> > > Agreed. But in this case it moves the ring from the left to the whole head or into the brain.
> > > It does not cause it but 'moves' it.
> > >
> > > Make any sense to you?
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > > Does it have that property which squeezes liquid out of the migraine in one side and the
> > > sensation is felt on the other side.
> > >

> > Suspect it it increasing the tinnitus in the right ear.
>
> I took away Dyazide this morning and replaced it with 2.5 mg of Plendil. The combination of 10 mg
> of Zestril and 2.5 mg of Plendil has produced a bp of 135-150//75-88. But the beauty is the ring
> is now predominantly confined to the left side of my head and has left my right side 'silent'.
> This scenario is more acceptable than before. Praise the Lord! I am thinking of changing the
> regimen to 5mg of Plendil and 5 mg of Zestril and see how it will work. The Book of I Ching says
> it will work. Actually 5mg of Plendil and 5mg of a 24 hours acting beta-blocker will do better but
> beta blocker produces impotence in me and therefore I for the time being stick to ACE inhibitor as
> a co-partner in my bp regimen. I was thinking of asking you to give it some thought to a pill that
> can be taken with my bp pills and is used for controlling migraine. But Plendil seems to have done
> the job of neutralizing the migraine for whatever quasi-scientific/imaginary reasons.
>
> Comments?

Plendil can lessen migraines.

Humbly,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com/

You are a walking chemistry set. I suggest you stop that **** before it kills you.

"francispoon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [...]

> > mg of Zestril and 2.5 mg of Plendil has produced a bp of 135-150//75-88. But the beauty is the
> > ring is now predominantly confined to the left side of my head and has left my right side
> > 'silent'. This scenario is more acceptable than before. Praise the Lord! I am thinking of
> > changing the regimen to 5mg of Plendil and 5 mg of Zestril and see how it will work. The Book of
> > I Ching says it will work. Actually 5mg of Plendil and 5mg of a 24 hours acting beta-blocker
> > will do better but beta blocker produces impotence in me and therefore I for the time being
> > stick to ACE inhibitor as a co-partner in my bp regimen. I was thinking of asking you to give it
> > some thought to a pill that can be taken with my bp pills and is used for controlling migraine.
> > But Plendil seems to have done the job of neutralizing the migraine for whatever quasi-

About 3-4 months ago, my T came to me 'at the time' when hydrochloridethiazide was introduced into
my bp regimen. The T was later exacerbated 'at the time' when Zestril had been introduced. These
could have been 2 correlational relationships.

Yesterday(Jan 28), i did away with Dyazide but replaced it with 2.5 mg of Plendil. The noise was 60%
reduced and confined to the left side of the ear/brain in the form of low frequency buzz. I took 10
mg of Zestril and 2.5 mg of Plendil in the morning. From 10am to 3pm, it was quite tolerably quiet.
This combination did produced high upper blood pressure 138-160/75-90 on first day.

Today(Jan 29), no Dyazide again, and I took 5mg of Plendil and 5mg of Zestril early in the morning.
The addition of 2.5 mg of Plendil gave me a bit of a fast heartbeat for the initial hour and
constipation. After that, a bit of high frequency buzz has been experienced in my right side but
'total silence' in my left ear/brain! So i experienced a head tightness 'shift', which could have
been due to anything. After 3pm, the high frequency buzz continues but the level of noise has been
reduced in my right side, but practically nothing is recorded on my left ear/brain.

Stay with me, brother, as i am in the process of finding out if it is the drug interaction that did
the T to me.

Rdg.,

FP
================================

"Ear Rings" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> You are a walking chemistry set. I suggest you stop that **** before it kills you.

Be patient with me, brother, as i am in the process of finding out if it is the drug interaction
that did the T to me.

FP

> "francispoon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...

> news:<[email protected]>...

> ear
> and

> evenly
> bp
> brain.

> immaterial.

> in

> > > Yes.

> > > Suspect it it increasing the tinnitus in the right ear.
> >
> > I took away Dyazide this morning and replaced it with 2.5 mg of Plendil. The combination of 10
> > mg of Zestril and 2.5 mg of Plendil has produced a bp of 135-150//75-88. But the beauty is the
> > ring is now predominantly confined to the left side of my head and has left my right side
> > 'silent'. This scenario is more acceptable than before. Praise the Lord! I am thinking of
> > changing the regimen to 5mg of Plendil and 5 mg of Zestril and see how it will work. The Book of
> > I Ching says it will work. Actually 5mg of Plendil and 5mg of a 24 hours acting beta-blocker
> > will do better but beta blocker produces impotence in me and therefore I for the time being
> > stick to ACE inhibitor as a co-partner in my bp regimen. I was thinking of asking you to give it
> > some thought to a pill that can be taken with my bp pills and is used for controlling migraine.
> > But Plendil seems to have done the job of neutralizing the migraine for whatever quasi-
> > scientific/imaginary reasons.
> >
> > Comments?
> >
> > FP
> > >
> > > Humbly,
> > >
> > > Andrew

"francispoon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]... <snip>

> Yesterday(Jan 28), i did away with Dyazide but replaced it with 2.5 mg of Plendil. The noise
> was 60% reduced and confined to the left side of the ear/brain in the form of low frequency
> buzz. I took 10 mg of Zestril and 2.5 mg of Plendil in the morning. From 10am to 3pm, it was
> quite tolerably quiet. This combination did produced high upper blood pressure 138-160/75-90 on
> first day.
>
> Today(Jan 29), no Dyazide again, and I took 5mg of Plendil and 5mg of Zestril early in the
> morning. The addition of 2.5 mg of Plendil gave me a bit of a fast heartbeat for the initial hour
> and constipation. After that, a bit of high frequency buzz has been experienced in my right side
> but 'total silence' in my left ear/brain! So i experienced a head tightness 'shift', which could
> have been due to anything. After 3pm, the high frequency buzz continues but the level of noise has
> been reduced in my right side, but practically nothing is recorded on my left ear/brain.
>
> Stay with me, brother, as i am in the process of finding out if it is the drug interaction that
> did the T to me.

Good luck, Francis

Way, way back in the early months of my own T, when I used to listen to it all the time, it's
characteristics changed independent of diet and medication. What you are describing in run-of-the-
mill tinnitus, not likely to have any relationship to the meds you take.

Bill

"Bush Lied" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "francispoon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]... <snip>
>
> > Yesterday(Jan 28), i did away with Dyazide but replaced it with 2.5 mg of Plendil. The noise
> > was 60% reduced and confined to the left side of the ear/brain in the form of low frequency
> > buzz. I took 10 mg of Zestril and 2.5 mg of Plendil in the morning. From 10am to 3pm, it was
> > quite tolerably quiet. This combination did produced high upper blood pressure 138-160/75-90 on
> > first day.
> >
> > Today(Jan 29), no Dyazide again, and I took 5mg of Plendil and 5mg of Zestril early in the
> > morning. The addition of 2.5 mg of Plendil gave me a bit of a fast heartbeat for the initial
> > hour and constipation. After that, a bit of high frequency buzz has been experienced in my right
> > side but 'total silence' in my left ear/brain! So i experienced a head tightness 'shift', which
> > could have been due to anything. After 3pm, the high frequency buzz continues but the level of
> > noise has been reduced in my right side, but practically nothing is recorded on my left
> > ear/brain.
> >
> > Stay with me, brother, as i am in the process of finding out if it is the drug interaction that
> > did the T to me.
>
> Good luck, Francis
>
> Way, way back in the early months of my own T, when I used to listen to it all the time, it's
> characteristics changed independent of diet and medication. What you are describing in run-of-the-
> mill tinnitus, not likely to have any relationship to the meds you take.
I think the way by which the blood vessels are dilated makes a difference.

FP