Why don't customers buy pedals for Chainreaction bikes?

blackhead

Guest
At the bottom of this page for a chainreaction storm without pedals,
it shows what other people bought - but only one set of pedals. Seems
kinda weird since it needs them.

<http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=14988>

blackhead wrote:
> At the bottom of this page for a chainreaction storm without pedals,
> it shows what other people bought - but only one set of pedals. Seems
> kinda weird since it needs them.
>
> <http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=14988>

I see two different sets of pedals at the bottom.

Often people who buy bikes like this will want specific pedals, e.g. a
certain model of clipless, or toecliped pedal. In this instance
supplying a bog standard pedal which won't get used just pushes the
price up.

The pedals that came with my last bike are still in the cellophane wrap,
as I put SPDs straight onto the bike.

Martin.

"blackhead" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> At the bottom of this page for a chainreaction storm without pedals,
> it shows what other people bought - but only one set of pedals. Seems
> kinda weird since it needs them.
>
> <http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=14988>

The photo shows pedals or have I missed the point?

blackhead wrote:
> At the bottom of this page for a chainreaction storm without pedals,
> it shows what other people bought - but only one set of pedals. Seems
> kinda weird since it needs them.
>
> <http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=14988>

They have pedals already or Chain Reaction don't have exactly the ones they
want. There are dozens of other sources for pedals and shoes on the net.

You need to decide on the type of shoes you want to wear first.

~PB

Martin Dann wrote:

> blackhead wrote:
>> At the bottom of this page for a chainreaction storm without pedals,
>> it shows what other people bought - but only one set of pedals. Seems
>> kinda weird since it needs them.
>>
>> <http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=14988>

> I see two different sets of pedals at the bottom.

Yes, but neither are pedals you would use with that bike. You'd use low end
Keos, maybe; single sided rat-traps with toe-clips; or SPDs.

;; Good grief, I can remember when England won the Ashes.

On 29 Mar, 14:39, blackhead <[email protected]> wrote:
> At the bottom of this page for a chainreaction storm without pedals,
> it shows what other people bought - but only one set of pedals. Seems
> kinda weird since it needs them.
>
> <http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=14988>

Duh! Shows how much I know about bikes since I didn't know that those
2 strange looking objects are pedals: Truvativ Hussefelt DH Flat and
Wellgo Bear Trap Platform Magnesium MG-26. I'd still expect to see at
least one pair of toe-clips on there since I've never seen those other
2 pedal types before.

In article <48e23084-9988-4be8-aae8-
[email protected]>, blackhead
[email protected] says...

> At the bottom of this page for a chainreaction storm without pedals,
> it shows what other people bought - but only one set of pedals. Seems
> kinda weird since it needs them.

If they're upgrading to a new bike they probably already have SPDs they
bought for the old bike.