Why don't more women ride?

Discussion in 'Women's Cycling' started by bike4life65, Jun 11, 2016.

1. EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja New Member

I agree that there aren't that many women if you compare the ratio of men and women that do cycling. Maybe they aren't that interested in cycling because women naturally enjoy different things than men. They may opt for jogging instead or do other exercises like Zumba to stay fit.

2. ballyhara

ballyhara Member

Usually schedule is a big issue for women. Besides working sometimes even 2 jobs daily, they have to take care of kids and house when they get home. If our partner is a considered one, he will help you out with all those chores, so in that case they can ride together and make schedules work out. My cousins joined different cycling groups, so he rides in the evening, while she rides in the early morning, that way they can handle both jobs, kids, and chores.

3. ajahcuizon

ajahcuizon New Member

I think it is because some women are conscious about themselves and doesn't want to be a gossip around the neighborhood. Especially in our place that most but not everyone tend to judge every single person doing something causing us, including me, this feeling that I am criticized without me doing anything harm to them. I also think that maybe it is because of the weather or climate like in our country. Since it is a tropical country, hot days are common and we all know the harmful effects of the sun and most woman here doesn't want to get tan or burned skin.

4. Charles M. Haile

Charles M. Haile New Member

I think that some women are afraid to ride alone
    I agree with the trend, particularly for young women.
    you can follow:trekbikereviews.com