Why Ed Dolan is worthless!

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 08:53:17 -0700 (PDT), in rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected] wrote:

>I guess there's no way to block people like this from posting is
>there?

Yes. They are known as "delete" buttons. Other than that, you take
your chances; however, I've not met the man who could *force* me to
read something when I had made up my mind to the contrary.

Jones

"!Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 08:53:17 -0700 (PDT), in rec.bicycles.tech
> [email protected] wrote:
>
> >I guess there's no way to block people like this from posting is
> >there?

> Yes. They are known as "delete" buttons. Other than that, you take
> your chances; however, I've not met the man who could *force* me to
> read something when I had made up my mind to the contrary.
>
> Jones

'Block sender' is useful ... By Jones.

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 11:03:03 +0100, in rec.bicycles.tech "Colin
Nelson" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"!Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 08:53:17 -0700 (PDT), in rec.bicycles.tech
>> [email protected] wrote:
>>
>> >I guess there's no way to block people like this from posting is
>> >there?

>> Yes. They are known as "delete" buttons. Other than that, you take
>> your chances; however, I've not met the man who could *force* me to
>> read something when I had made up my mind to the contrary.
>>
>> Jones
>>

>'Block sender' is useful ... By Jones.

I suppose. I've never used it becuase I'm not willing to admit that
*anyone* can get that far under my skin... an ex-wife, maybe, but not
an ASCII stream. Usually, they simply bore me to the point where I'm
no longer motivated to click on their messages, thus "blocking"
themselves.

Personally, I prefer someone who pisses me off and challenges my world
view, Every now and then, someone on Usenet will do so... mostly it's
mindless noise, but I read hoping someone will astound me.

Jones

> I suppose. I've never used it becuase I'm not willing to admit that
> *anyone* can get that far under my skin... an ex-wife, maybe, but not
> an ASCII stream. Usually, they simply bore me to the point where I'm
> no longer motivated to click on their messages, thus "blocking"
> themselves.
>
> Personally, I prefer someone who pisses me off and challenges my world
> view, Every now and then, someone on Usenet will do so... mostly it's
> mindless noise, but I read hoping someone will astound me.
>
> Jones

Okay, here's the problem. People have that idiot in their killfiles and
avoid reading posts by someone who simply reposts what the idiot's
rant-of-the-day happens to be. So, you just might wind up in killfiles as
well---the killfiles of people who will come to associate your name with
reposting the idiot's rants. You may write many cogent posts, but nobody
will read them because they'll be leary of being exposed to the idiot. It's
a circle, but there it is.....

Pat in TX