Why Frisco instead of Kenosha for Erin's Medal Ceremony?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by crit pro, Sep 8, 2004.

  1. crit pro

    crit pro Guest

    I'm happy to see that Erin Veenstra Mirabella was given a full award
    ceremony for her Olympic Bronze in the Points Race.

    The medal was delivered to her and husband while on vacation in
    Colorado. Driven 145 miles by some USA Cycling lackey.

    Now Frisco TX has decided to put on a full awards deal for her. That's
    great, especially since that thief Calle from Colombia stole her
    moment in Athens.

    The question is why not have the awards at the velodrome in Kenosha?
    That's the place that supported her through all the years. Seems kinda
    wierd.

    Anybody have insight on this?

    crit pro

    Tags:

  2. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    crit pro <[email protected]> wrote:
    > The question is why not have the awards at the velodrome in Kenosha?
    > That's the place that supported her through all the years. Seems kinda
    > wierd.

    Connard,

    Maybe they thought it would be nice to have some people there to
    see it. Kenosha closed for the season a couple of weeks ago.

    Bob Schwartz
    [email protected]

    Just a wild ass guess...

  3. J DASH ME

    J DASH ME Guest

    There were 35 spectators in the stands and about 30 cyclist in the infield.
    She thanked everyone for coming. It was wonderful.

    They should have done it in San Fran.

    It was a waste to do here.

  4. crit pro

    crit pro Guest

    Bob Schwartz <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > crit pro <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > The question is why not have the awards at the velodrome in Kenosha?
    > > That's the place that supported her through all the years. Seems kinda
    > > wierd.

    > Connard,
    >
    > Maybe they thought it would be nice to have some people there to
    > see it. Kenosha closed for the season a couple of weeks ago.
    >
    > Bob Schwartz
    > [email protected]
    >
    > Just a wild ass guess...

    Bob

    It could have been done at her home track with the correct PR people.
    Racing wouldn't have mattered. School kids, media, etc....could have
    all been invited. Think outside the box.

    CP

  5. Sam

    Sam Guest

    The young woman who works for USA Cycling is a hard worker and very decent
    woman. She was going to be in Breckenridge anyway so it was arranged for
    her to deliver the medal. The medal had only arrived in the US the day
    (maybe 2) before it was delivered.

    news:[email protected]