Why I love/hate Lance.

helmutRoole2

Jul 7, 2006
We've heard it all before, but that's not going to stop us from hearing all again.

Tell me why you love or hate Cowboy.

helmutRoole2 said:
We've heard it all before, but that's not going to stop us from hearing all again.

Why do I need a reason? Hate is its own reward, especially when it can be leavened with a lot of xenophobic anti-Americanism.

helmutRoole2 said:

I love Lance 'cause he treats me mean, treats me like the low-down cheap and dirty **** I am.

I remember one night, one night he hit me and, oh my god, it felt like a kiss.

Only you girls will understand I guess.

Next question.

Hungerkunstler said:
I love Lance 'cause he treats me mean, treats me like the low-down cheap and dirty **** I am.

I remember one night, one night he hit me and, oh my god, it felt like a kiss.

Only you girls will understand I guess.

Next question.

Helmut is that you?

helmutRoole2 said:

Unlike most, I dont have a strong opinion on whether he did or did not dope.

I just dont like Lance because I got sick of watching him winning for seven years. Good luck to him, and he is obviously a champion if he did not dope, but man it was boring to watch.

Dope or not the guy has amazing drive, determination and tenacity. Taking Epo does not a champion make. The guy obviously had a fantastic team, but met any challenge the tour threw at him. There is a lot to be said for his beating cancer, which should have killed him, and returning to cycling, let alone dominating the tour for 7 years over a doped peloton.

depends on what lance we are talking about. for lance the cyclist, the dude is a doper, a liar, and probably a bit of a jerk. i doubt i would much like him if i met him. his covering for a sick sport is lousy. and his cycling fans are grating, obsessive, and often totally nuts.

as for lance the cancer community advocate, i give him credit for his work with the cancer community. he is an inspiration to a lot of sick people and that i think that is very, very commendable.

As a recent cancer "victim/survivor" and a touring roadie, I take my hat off to Lance. :) He was my inspiration to return to cycling. While I know many inspirational survivors in my own family, Lance gave me hope that I would ride again - and I am. I had two clips - his account of his cancer and a short "nike" ad that I watched daily from diagnosis to a few weeks after surgery, read his books and focussed on just getting back on the bike. Nine weeks after major surgery for colorectal cancer I am riding over 100 km at a go. I say; Thank you Lance for sharing your tenacity.

To the whiners :p who keep bringing up the "doping", I say; once you have heard the word cancer applied to yourself, you will understand how easy it is to get focussed on what you can still do. The intensity will amaze you. I ride better now than I ever have.

tcklyde said:
as for lance the cancer community advocate, i give him credit for his work with the cancer community. he is an inspiration to a lot of sick people and that i think that is very, very commendable.

islandboy said:
As a recent cancer "victim/survivor" and a touring roadie, I take my hat off to Lance. :) He was my inspiration to return to cycling. While I know many inspirational survivors in my own family, Lance gave me hope that I would ride again - and I am. I had two clips - his account of his cancer and a short "nike" ad that I watched daily from diagnosis to a few weeks after surgery, read his books and focussed on just getting back on the bike. Nine weeks after major surgery for colorectal cancer I am riding over 100 km at a go. I say; Thank you Lance for sharing your tenacity.

To the whiners :p who keep bringing up the "doping", I say; once you have heard the word cancer applied to yourself, you will understand how easy it is to get focussed on what you can still do. The intensity will amaze you. I ride better now than I ever have.
oh dear.....

whiteboytrash said:
oh dear.....
yes indeed. What gets me is that the man is a blatant liar - like all the dope cheats. He is happy for everyone to believe he was the greatest ever Tour winner but not prepared to admit that he got to that position aided (to whatever degree) by illegal means. Yes he survived cancer - he's a very lucky man. Yes he has inspired others - chapeau. But the bottom line is he is a liar. I find that impossible to get over when forming my opinion of the man.

Good response! ;) At least you give nothing away about yourself. :cool: How do you apply the old three finger rule? :confused: You know what I mean, the one where you see/hear/read someone pointing out another's flaws and in doing so "three fingers" point back at the accuser. :p We are so sensitive to what exposes our own flaws, we are quick to rage about what we "percieve" in others. :mad: Whiners always say more about themselves than the ones they are whining about. :eek:

whiteboytrash said:
oh dear.....

Dopeing or not dopeing ( I personally dont think he did) He's inspired and given hope to thousands of people, how many of you can lay claim to that????

islandboy said:
Good response! ;) At least you give nothing away about yourself. :cool: How do you apply the old three finger rule? :confused: You know what I mean, the one where you see/hear/read someone pointing out another's flaws and in doing so "three fingers" point back at the accuser. :p We are so sensitive to what exposes our own flaws, we are quick to rage about what we "percieve" in others. :mad: Whiners always say more about themselves than the ones they are whining about. :eek:
How dare you say anything about fingers on this forum. Do you realize that there are people on this forum who don't have hands? I lost both my hands in a farming accident when I was just a boy. But I overcame. I watched Peter Pan and marveled at the exploits of Captain Hook every day after my operation and recovery. Losing a hand didn't get Captain Hook down so why should it bring me down.

You don't understand what it takes to overcome these types odds, do you? Think about it. I can't even jack off anymore!!!!!!!!!!!

If you insist on making references to fingers I will have the moderators throw you off this forum you ****ing insensitive *******.

helmutRoole2 said:
How dare you say anything about fingers on this forum. Do you realize that there are people on this forum who don't have hands? I lost both my hands in a farming accident when I was just a boy. But I overcame. I watched Peter Pan and marveled at the exploits of Captain Hook every day after my operation and recovery. Losing a hand didn't get Captain Hook down so why should it bring me down.

You don't understand what it takes to overcome these types odds, do you? Think about it. I can't even jack off anymore!!!!!!!!!!!

If you insist on making references to fingers I will have the moderators throw you off this forum you ****ing insensitive *******.

I must say that you do a hell of a job typing with your penis. I am assuming that is the case since it would be the closest appendage to the keyboard.
I imagine it gets "hard" at times,to type I mean.

helmutRoole2 said:
Sure, go ahead. Make fun of my predicament.

With all due respect I must ask..........how do you wipe your a**?
No disrespect,just curious.