Why I love my wife.....

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Clydesdalemtb, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    John Atkinson <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]... I am quite the opposite of cynical when it
    > comes to
    > > relationships). I wish more people managed to find the right person in
    > life,
    > > but it's a big world, and we are many types. </SM>
    > >
    > > Cheers Penny.
    > >
    > > Shaun aRe - Yeah, so what if I'm a soft f*cker?!?
    > >
    > > ',;~}
    >
    > never stop working at it... never ever take it as a given...

    Too fucking right John - I'd find it impossible to take her for granted.

    Shaun aRe - now, who's gonna take a shot next? ',;~} Heheheheh.....

  2. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    penny s <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > penny s <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >. Maybe someday
    > > > you'll ding someone...
    > > >
    > > > </serious>
    > >
    > > <SM> Also. Aye Penny - I'm more than a little aware of what makes a relationship flourish. As
    > > for 'dinging' someone,
    >
    > oops that should read "find" someone.

    I knew what ya meant ',;~}

    > I have one finger of one hand splinted

    Ouch! What happened there then?

    > and I'm trying to edit/spellcheck everything but that one went right by...

    It certainly came out as a classic ',;~}

    Shaun aRe loves dinging ',;~}

  3. Jan Sacharuk

    Jan Sacharuk Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, BB wrote:
    > On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 17:54:49 +1100, Trentus wrote:
    >
    >> And I'd be almost certain that the air resistance of a forward facing bike on a roof rack would
    >> be less than the resistance from a sideways mounted bike on a rear bike beak.
    >
    > Have to agree with GT on this one - the bike in the back is riding the slipstream.
    >
    > But there's one other consideration - this is winter - ever seen how a car looks after a long
    > winter trip? Totally covered with crap (and possibly salt). I was kind of glad I didn't subject my
    > bike to that (take wheels off and put it IN the car).

    Interestingly, it may actually INCREASE fuel economy by riding in the back.

    The slipstream in the back of a vehicle is basically vaccuum. It actually exerts a force that pulls
    the vehicle back, slowing you down. By disrupting airflow in behind of the vehicle, you break up the
    vaccuum, and may give yourself an aerodynamic advantage.

    Most people know that riding behind another cyclist means that they're doing about 30% less work.
    However, the guy you're drafting is doing 4-5% less work by having you there. You're doing him a
    favour! :D

    JS

    --
    ========================= [email protected] ========================
    Jan Sacharuk Member in Good Standing of The Discordian Solidarity Turn on viewing of the X-Geek-Code

  4. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Cinder Girl <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "penny s" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > penny s <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >. Maybe someday

    > > > <SM> Also. Aye Penny - I'm more than a little aware of what makes a relationship flourish. As
    > > > for 'dinging' someone,
    > >
    > > oops that should read "find" someone. I have one finger of one hand splinted and I'm trying to
    > > edit/spellcheck everything but that one went right by...
    > >
    > > penny
    > >

    > I knew I was dinged the first time I saw my husband ;)

    You didn't wait until after a few dates? You were easy. ',;~}

    Shaun aRe

  5. Shaun Rimmer wrote:

    >>Someone pass the bucket...
    >

    > WTF is wrong with that JH? Ego is something to be built up, and torn down, for purposes of 'fun'.
    > Carrying a hard arsed shell like that into real life doesn't appeal to me at all. heart and soul
    > are _real_ things, but I'm sure you knew that anyhow. ',;~}

    Aye, but that was a particularly slushy outburst. (Said the actress to the bishop.)

    > See, I'm not scared if you lot think I'm a soft fucker, or if my words make ya wanna puke - all
    > the better ',;~}
    >
    > Heheheheheh......
    >
    > Shaun aRe thinks JH is protesting because he's scared of people finding out he's really a romantic
    > at heart....

    I have no problem with that. I've talked here before about buying the
    g/f presents, taking her on holidays and stuff. I just prefer not to pour out my deepest feelings to
    a mountain biking group...

    --
    h.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm

    i.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

  6. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    > John Atkinson <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]... I am quite the opposite of cynical when it
    > > comes to
    > > > relationships). I wish more people managed to find the right person in
    > > life,
    > > > but it's a big world, and we are many types. </SM>
    > > >
    > > > Cheers Penny.
    > > >
    > > > Shaun aRe - Yeah, so what if I'm a soft f*cker?!?
    > > >
    > > > ',;~}
    > >
    > > never stop working at it... never ever take it as a given...
    >
    > Too fucking right John - I'd find it impossible to take her for granted.
    >
    > Shaun aRe - now, who's gonna take a shot next? ',;~} Heheheheh.....

    Not me! You can't really fook around with something like that.

    Mike - Even if it is Shaun. ;^)

  7. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Trentus wrote:
    > "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >

    >>My friend is working on a patent for a device that will never let you forget your bike is on top.
    >

    > What?

    It's quite novel.

    > A framework that sticks the bike mount out in front of you where you can't miss seeing it hanging
    > over the bonnet? ("hood" for those in the "Good Ole US of A"). This is just about the only device
    > that will NEVER let you forget...
    >
    > I think what I'll actually do, as I don't have a door, is put a large red/white safety tape on one
    > side of the garage and everytime I put the bike on the roof-rack, I'll pull this tape across the
    > opening of the garage. This way I'll not be able to drive in to the garage.

    What about drive thrus? I think just as many people drive into public parking garages and fast food
    drive thrus as they do their own garage.

    Greg

    --
    "Walking under ladders for a living You know we should be running round in pubs and bars We know
    we'll never grow short And we'll never grow tall" - the Mekons

  8. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Jan Sacharuk <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > The slipstream in the back of a vehicle is basically vaccuum. It actually exerts a force that
    > pulls the vehicle back, slowing you down. By disrupting airflow in behind of the vehicle, you
    > break up the vaccuum, and may give yourself an aerodynamic advantage.

    The very reason a golf ball has dimples.

    Shaun aRe

  9. Mark Hickey

    Mark Hickey Guest

    "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Cinder Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    >> I knew I was dinged the first time I saw my husband ;)
    >>

    >Fecking roadies get all the girls. ;^)

    Told you all that was the case!

    >Mike - either that or he hit her in a crosswalk.

    Heh heh heh... the trick is making it look like an accident!

  10. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    > Cinder Girl wrote:
    >
    > > I knew I was dinged the first time I saw my husband ;)
    >
    > That'll be the rohypnol kicking in...

    Heheheheheh - classic ',;~}

    Shaun aRe - LOL!

  11. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    penny s <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > penny s wrote:
    > >
    > > > oops that should read "find" someone. I have one finger of one hand splinted
    > >
    > > That's a warning to everyone to avoid kinky sex...
    > >

    > the best injuries are all stupidity related. Remember my friends whose
    kid
    > died? I has just come home from visiting them, exceedingly upset, sliced
    my
    > left hand with a knife, proceeded to blow the extensor tendon on my right middle finger while
    > dabbing blood off the carpet. You can look up "mallet finger" if you want. My kids love to say
    > "mom quit flipping me off"!

    OOOOOUUUCH! Damn Penny, that sounds painful.....

    Hope it heals quick and well.

    Shaun aRe

  12. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Jonathan Harris <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Shaun Rimmer wrote:
    >
    > >>Someone pass the bucket...
    > >

    > > WTF is wrong with that JH? Ego is something to be built up, and torn
    down,
    > > for purposes of 'fun'. Carrying a hard arsed shell like that into real
    life
    > > doesn't appeal to me at all. heart and soul are _real_ things, but I'm
    sure
    > > you knew that anyhow. ',;~}
    >
    > Aye, but that was a particularly slushy outburst.

    Just the tip of the melting iceburg dude..........

    > (Said the actress to the bishop.)

    "Put some gin in that tea please" ? ?

    > > See, I'm not scared if you lot think I'm a soft fucker, or if my words
    make
    > > ya wanna puke - all the better ',;~}
    > >
    > > Heheheheheh......
    > >
    > > Shaun aRe thinks JH is protesting because he's scared of people finding
    out
    > > he's really a romantic at heart....
    >
    > I have no problem with that. I've talked here before about buying the
    > g/f presents, taking her on holidays and stuff.

    Ahhh, bless!

    > I just prefer not to pour out my deepest feelings to a mountain biking group...

    Those were far from my deepest feelings 'dude' - shame on you for thinking otherwise.

    Tut-tu.

    Shaun aRe - just a chat was all, if you want deep......nah - I'll save those weapons of mass
    despukedom for now, heheheh.

  13. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Michael Dart <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > > never stop working at it... never ever take it as a given...
    > >
    > > Too fucking right John - I'd find it impossible to take her for granted.
    > >
    > > Shaun aRe - now, who's gonna take a shot next? ',;~} Heheheheh.....
    > >

    > Not me! You can't really fook around with something like that.

    Doesn't stop people trying though, but that doesn't bother me in the least, 'cos I'm hard, and soft,
    at the same time, which is painful, but hey - we all have a cross to bear, right?

    > Mike - Even if it is Shaun. ;^)

    Yeah-yeah, A fucking class-A target me ',;~}

    Shaun aRe can catch bullets in his teeth though. Saves me a fortune on floss.

  14. Cinder Girl

    Cinder Girl Guest

    <snip>
    > > I knew I was dinged the first time I saw my husband ;)
    >
    > You didn't wait until after a few dates? You were easy. ',;~}
    >
    > Shaun aRe

    And how long do you usually wait?

  15. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > Trentus wrote:
    > > "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >

    > >>My friend is working on a patent for a device that will never let you forget your bike is
    > >>on top.
    > >

    > > What?
    >
    > It's quite novel.
    >
    > > A framework that sticks the bike mount out in front of you where you can't miss seeing it
    > > hanging over the bonnet? ("hood" for those in the
    "Good
    > > Ole US of A"). This is just about the only device that will NEVER let you forget...
    > >
    > > I think what I'll actually do, as I don't have a door, is put a large red/white safety tape on
    > > one side of the garage and everytime I put the
    bike
    > > on the roof-rack, I'll pull this tape across the opening of the garage.
    This
    > > way I'll not be able to drive in to the garage.
    > >

    > What about drive thrus? I think just as many people drive into public parking garages and fast
    > food drive thrus as they do their own garage.

    I know some people who put magnetized, spring-loaded "Bike On Board" signs on their hoods. When
    their speed drops down, up pops the sign.

    Bill "successfully negotiated a Mickey D's drive-thru after yesterday's ride" S.

  16. Trentus

    Trentus Guest

    > Jan Sacharuk <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    > > The slipstream in the back of a vehicle is basically vaccuum. It actually exerts a force that
    > > pulls the vehicle back, slowing you down. By disrupting airflow in behind of the vehicle, you
    > > break up the vaccuum, and may give yourself an aerodynamic advantage.
    >
    > The very reason a golf ball has dimples.
    >

    > Shaun aRe

    Except that long bikes on narrow cars overhang at the sides. Thus they DO cause drag.

    Trentus

  17. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    > penny s <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > penny s wrote:
    >> my
    > > left hand with a knife, proceeded to blow the extensor tendon on my
    right
    > > middle finger while dabbing blood off the carpet. You can look up
    "mallet
    > > finger" if you want. My kids love to say "mom quit flipping me off"!
    >
    > OOOOOUUUCH! Damn Penny, that sounds painful.....

    Just inconvenient, no pain. It may heal with a deformity ;-(

    penny

  18. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Cinder Girl wrote:

    > <snip>
    >
    >>>I knew I was dinged the first time I saw my husband ;)
    >>
    >>You didn't wait until after a few dates? You were easy. ',;~}
    >>
    >>Shaun aRe
    >>

    > And how long do you usually wait?

    My ex and I cyber-dinged before our first date. Ahhh, the wonders of instant messaging at work.

    Greg

    --
    "Walking under ladders for a living You know we should be running round in pubs and bars We know
    we'll never grow short And we'll never grow tall" - the Mekons

  19. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Cinder Girl <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > <snip>
    > > > I knew I was dinged the first time I saw my husband ;)
    > >
    > > You didn't wait until after a few dates? You were easy. ',;~}
    > >
    > > Shaun aRe
    > >

    > And how long do you usually wait?

    How long does it take me to open button fly jeans? ',;~}

    Shaun aRe