Why I swear I'm going to...

EuanB

New Member
Jan 11, 2005
...give the very next person who tells me to be careful on my bike who DOESN'T ride the following reply:

``Tell you what, you promise to be careful piloting the two tonnes of lethal machinery which kills thousands of Australans every year and I'll be extra careful on my benign bicycle; just for you.''

OK, I'm tired and grouchy. Nearly home time.

On 2006-03-27, EuanB <[email protected]> wrote:

> ..give the very next person who tells me to be careful on my bike who
> DOESN'T ride the following reply:
>
> ``Tell you what, you promise to be careful piloting the two tonnes of
> lethal machinery which kills thousands of Australans every year and
> I'll be extra careful on my benign bicycle; just for you.''
>
> OK, I'm tired and grouchy. Nearly home time.

Hey, Euan. Be careful on the ride home, ok?

*dives for cover*

Stuart Lamble wrote:
> On 2006-03-27, EuanB <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > ..give the very next person who tells me to be careful on my bike who
> > DOESN'T ride the following reply:
> >
> > ``Tell you what, you promise to be careful piloting the two tonnes of
> > lethal machinery which kills thousands of Australans every year and
> > I'll be extra careful on my benign bicycle; just for you.''
> >
> > OK, I'm tired and grouchy. Nearly home time.

> Hey, Euan. Be careful on the ride home, ok?

And make sure you wear your helmet!

Bleve wrote:

>>Hey, Euan. Be careful on the ride home, ok?

> And make sure you wear your helmet!

No way, helmets create more injuries than they prevent!

DaveB "ducks for cover so deep he isn't seen for a week"

Bleve said:
Stuart Lamble wrote:
> On 2006-03-27, EuanB <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > ..give the very next person who tells me to be careful on my bike who
> > DOESN'T ride the following reply:
> >
> > ``Tell you what, you promise to be careful piloting the two tonnes of
> > lethal machinery which kills thousands of Australans every year and
> > I'll be extra careful on my benign bicycle; just for you.''
> >
> > OK, I'm tired and grouchy. Nearly home time.

> Hey, Euan. Be careful on the ride home, ok?

And make sure you wear your helmet!

As you well know Bleve I'm a law abiding citizen, id you miss the grouchy bit? Can't take a joke....

EuanB wrote:
> Bleve Wrote:
> > Stuart Lamble wrote:

> > who

> > of

> > and

> > > Hey, Euan. Be careful on the ride home, ok?

> > And make sure you wear your helmet!

> As you well know Bleve I'm a law abiding citizen, id you miss the
> grouchy bit? Can't take a joke....

Come on, you set the joke up, we're just playing along :)

On 2006-03-27, EuanB <[email protected]> wrote:

> Bleve Wrote:
>> Stuart Lamble wrote:
>> > Hey, Euan. Be careful on the ride home, ok?

>> And make sure you wear your helmet!

> As you well know Bleve I'm a law abiding citizen, id you miss the
> grouchy bit? Can't take a joke....

"Hook, line, sinker, rod, and copy of Angler's Times, sir."

On 2006-03-27, EuanB <[email protected]> wrote:

> Bleve Wrote:
>> Stuart Lamble wrote:
>> > Hey, Euan. Be careful on the ride home, ok?

>> And make sure you wear your helmet!

> As you well know Bleve I'm a law abiding citizen, id you miss the
> grouchy bit? Can't take a joke....

"Hook, line, sinker, rod, and copy of Angler's Times, sir."

He did say he was grumpy!

On 2006-03-27, deejbah <[email protected]> wrote:
> Stuart Lamble Wrote:
>> "Hook, line, sinker, rod, and copy of Angler's Times, sir."
>>

> He did say he was grumpy!

Well, yes. I suppose I really should give up baiting him; it's far too
easy. Jumps out of the water onto the hook before I cast.

PHP:
EuanB said:
...give the very next person who tells me to be careful on my bike who DOESN'T ride the following reply:

``Tell you what, you promise to be careful piloting the two tonnes of lethal machinery which kills thousands of Australans every year and I'll be extra careful on my benign bicycle; just for you.''

OK, I'm tired and grouchy. Nearly home time.
PHP:

and dont forget to wear your "high-vis" lycra booties .. ...:D

Bleve wrote:

> EuanB wrote:
> > Bleve Wrote:

> > > who

> > > of
> > > and

> > > And make sure you wear your helmet!

> > As you well know Bleve I'm a law abiding citizen, id you miss the
> > grouchy bit? Can't take a joke....

> Come on, you set the joke up, we're just playing along :)

*nods solemnly* EuanB should've known better.

Tam

"EuanB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> ..give the very next person who tells me to be careful on my bike who
> DOESN'T ride the following reply:
>
> ``Tell you what, you promise to be careful piloting the two tonnes of
> lethal machinery which kills thousands of Australans every year and
> I'll be extra careful on my benign bicycle; just for you.''
>
> OK, I'm tired and grouchy. Nearly home time.
>

> --
> EuanB

My response to "be careful on the way home won't you? It's dangerous out
there." is "Oh you're driving home today are you?"

Adam

EuanB said:
I nearly got crumped the other day stopping on amber :-(

Ah, now you may see my point about *very rarely* being forced to run a red!

Euan, can you give me a good line for the kindly, aged cyclist who
tells me to take care? I say, "Bah, you're taking all the fun out of
it!"

Donga

cfsmtb said:
Ah, now you may see my point about *very rarely* being forced to run a red!
ahh..but t'was only to distance your petite self from the bored loutish hoon in the dark rig yelling out the rig's window causing "flight" rather than "fight" for your own protection , ...self preservation is the best defence, even if it means running a red!

;)

Oh yes, that bored boofhead. News? Nothing as of yet. Reckon that little piece of melodrama was all **** & wind :mad:

cfsmtb wrote:
> EuanB Wrote:
>
>>I nearly got crumped the other day stopping on amber :-(

> Ah, now you may see my point about *very rarely* being forced to run a
> red!

Nope. By the time I realised that the driver'd expected me to go on
he'd brought his car to a halt just behind me. The light went red and
it was that point that he overtook me through the red light.

Not the first time that's happened.
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\<,

Euan said:
cfsmtb wrote:
> EuanB Wrote:
>
>>I nearly got crumped the other day stopping on amber :-(

> Ah, now you may see my point about *very rarely* being forced to run a
> red!

Nope. By the time I realised that the driver'd expected me to go on
he'd brought his car to a halt just behind me. The light went red and
it was that point that he overtook me through the red light.

Not the first time that's happened.
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\<,
Melbourne, Australia | ~ (*)/ (*)
guess cager was either :-

irritated ( most likely),

not watching ( highly likely),

just plain thick headed ( Oh why how could that be?) or

a long term light runner taking advantage of Victoria's generous Orange light
timing

...( probably all of the above)

hmmm...odd that the traffic laws only require us to signal a right turn...

but whatever,...I make a practice of showing a right hand palm down and flat to any one behind me if stopping...always...sure we need to do it in a bunch ride and yell "stopping" etc...but cagers appreciate knowing what you are doing...be definite, be assertive and be in their face...