Why in the "F" do you ride SS or Fixie? Freaks!

:cool: My SS has been a great off-season trainer during the winter...plus, I love when some of the others in the bike club are trying to keep up on their multi-speeds....:rolleyes:

roadfix said:
simply because chicks dig fixies.....that's good enough reason for me.
I'm with you man.

I love it 'cause it's just you perfectly connected to the machine, in total harmony. Nuttin can go wrong. . . . . . . ."F$%K TAXI!"

I ride "fixie", because:

1. Simplicity, which translates in lower maintenance/costs.

2. The look, that just can not be beat by any other type of bike.

3. Direct relationship between rider and machine.

i can repair my bike at home. because it looks sleek and sweet, and my ride is light and responsive. my fixie never lies. like someonere else said earlier, the only error is usually "pilot error"... i'll take those chances. i can feel the surface i'm riding on, and by extention riding fixed made me a safer cyclist, even though i look like an ass to most roadies...it gives you the knowledge that you know what you're doing, not just some pantina of street (or road) cred (ever heard of "looking ahead?" like way way down the street!)

and there is the physical. riding a fixed will make you strong and fast. and, it's strange, but i swear, if you try it once, you will get it. ask a freind.

don't ask me about the metaphysical, no one would believe me...

roadfix said:
People ask me this all the time. My answer, for the millionth time, is because chicks dig it.
yep, we do, provided you are fit as a fiddle. No MAFF's allowed.

Fixedgears were far simpler (plus: less to break) and easier to maintain than anything else when messengering on them day-in and day-out...

Riding fixed, particularly without a brake, brings a whole new dimension to riding... it becomes more cerebral... sometimes more painful. I dunno... they're a really beautiful thing to behold.

And yes, chicks dig them.

You want fun? Try riding a fixed drunk.

duskins said:
Hi,

I ride a 2004 Bianchi S.A.S.S. and I love it. I love my bike more than most friends, girls, some family (jk?) and lots of other stuff, yet I have no idea why. If I could ride my bike instead of get paid going to work. . . well, I'd go to work than ride my bike so I had money, but you understand my point. I don't commute. I only get to ride for fun. Drunken bicycling to me is a sport. Jumping **** downtown, out of town, in the mountains off of mountains, thru the river, whatever, is also one big sport to me. I love beating the living it shay out of my bike, and I adore that it never fails me aside the damn tubes popping every other week (my fault, not my bikes fault). (I will fail, before my bike will fail).

Why do you ride your bike, b!tch?

I switched from geared mtb to ss road and I love it so much that I decided to start racing, hell that alone got me to quit smoking with a smile on my face. Next plan is to build a mtb with an internal 3-speed hub. I love the simplicity of my bike and being able to hold pace with the lyrca sporting Trek heads for a couple grand less.