Why is Allan Davis still riding?

He was cleared by the Spanish and he is not a threat to win any major races.
I think mostly the latter.

thecyclist said:
In document 23 of the puerto files it says he used EPO and IGF-1.

Essentially, the decision as to who can cycle and who can't cycle, after being named in OP, resides with the respective riders federations.

In the case of Ullrich and Basso, the respective federations took a particular decision : in the case of Davis and perhaps Contador, the respective federations took a different line.

jhuskey said:
He was cleared by the Spanish and he is not a threat to win any major races.
I think mostly the latter.
He was 2nd at Milan San Remo this year.

Bruyneel used his famous "look 'em in the eye" test and determined he was clean.

jhuskey said:
As I said, major race.
Since when is Sanremo not a major race? Pro Tour, 100 year history, the sprinter's classic, one of five "monument" one-day races ...

Sorry to be harsh - but then it's common on this forum - but what are you thinking?

JRMDC said:
Since when is Sanremo not a major race? Pro Tour, 100 year history, the sprinter's classic, one of five "monument" one-day races ...

Sorry to be harsh - but then it's common on this forum - but what are you thinking?

I am thinking a one day sprinters race don't count for **** in the money and power struggle that is going on right now.

thecyclist said:
In document 23 of the puerto files it says he used EPO and IGF-1.
It sounds like you are just jealous of Allan Davis and trying to destroy cycling....

jhuskey said:
I am thinking a one day sprinters race don't count for **** in the money and power struggle that is going on right now.
I don't think you follow cycling very much. Paolo Bettini is the second highest paid pro ($3.3 million) because he wins 1-day races. These races are HUGE in Europe.

BTW, Tom Boonen's #3 and Pettachi #4. Both guys also win sprints but the 1-day race capabilities are a big factor.

donrhummy said:
I don't think you follow cycling very much. Paolo Bettini is the second highest paid pro ($3.3 million) because he wins 1-day races. These races are HUGE in Europe.

BTW, Tom Boonen's #3 and Pettachi #4. Both guys also win sprints but the 1-day race capabilities are a big factor.
Who's first?

nns1400 said:
Who's first?

As of March 2007

Best paid rider Alejandro Valverde (Caisse)

Following in descending order :

Paolo Bettini (QS)
Tom Boonen (QS)
Alessando Petacchi (Milram)
Ivan Basso (DSC)
Damiano Cunego (Lampre)
Alex Vinokourov (Astana)
Robbie McEwen (Lotto)
Thor Hushovd (Agricole)
Erik Zabel (Milram)

donrhummy said:

Bettini? Who is taliking about Bettini? We are taking about why some get ousted and some don't.
Bet I know more than you think I know!
I can't always say what I hear so you win. I know nothing about cycling and I am out of this topic.

Take over for me Lim I am too ignorant to argue.

I've a feeling that one way or another, Piti will be taking a bit of a pay cut in the not too distant future.

limerickman said:
As of March 2007

Best paid rider Alejandro Valverde (Caisse)

Following in descending order :

Paolo Bettini (QS)
Tom Boonen (QS)
Alessando Petacchi (Milram)
Ivan Basso (DSC)
Damiano Cunego (Lampre)
Alex Vinokourov (Astana)
Robbie McEwen (Lotto)
Thor Hushovd (Agricole)
Erik Zabel (Milram)
CSC riders not even on the list.

jhuskey said:
Im sorry jhuskey but that was probably the stupidest thing anyone has ever said on this forum. Milan San Remo is one of the biggest day's in the cycling calendar and always has been. There aren't many bigger things you can have in your resume besides a race like milan- san remo. Besides maybe a yellow jersey. At the moment the only current rider to have one of those is contador.

Allan Davis is a big name rider!

Wasn't Davis cleared by the spanish anyway? Thats probably why he is still riding. Unless they have new evidence???

dm69 said:
Im sorry jhuskey but that was probably the stupidest thing anyone has ever said on this forum. Milan San Remo is one of the biggest day's in the cycling calendar and always has been. There aren't many bigger things you can have in your resume besides a race like milan- san remo. Besides maybe a yellow jersey. At the moment the only current rider to have one of those is contador.

Allan Davis is a big name rider!

Wasn't Davis cleared by the spanish anyway? Thats probably why he is still riding. Unless they have new evidence???

Not reading all my posts is stupid I said the Spanish had cleared him. You don't have clue as to what is going on!

whiteboytrash said:
He's part of the younger generation which doesn't dope........
You've got it, he is also at the right team....
Remember only Basso, Ullrich, a few older riders and Astana riders dope. The rest of the peloton is clean.:D