Why is Bobke in trouble in France

On 8/14/03 7:33 PM, in article [email protected], "pista-1"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Does anyone know the "real" story?

Where do you see a story indicating that he's "in trouble" ????

dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

"Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<BB61B5AC.AEB0%[email protected]>...
> On 8/14/03 7:33 PM, in article [email protected], "pista-1"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know the "real" story?
>

> Where do you see a story indicating that he's "in trouble" ????

Le Ministere de la Culture et de la Communication have heard his obnoxious pronunciation of "Toorday
Frantz" and have deemed him an undesirable.

Originally posted by Tony
"Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<BB61B5AC.AEB0%[email protected]>...
> On 8/14/03 7:33 PM, in article [email protected], "pista-1"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know the "real" story?
>

> Where do you see a story indicating that he's "in trouble" ????

Le Ministere de la Culture et de la Communication have heard his obnoxious pronunciation of "Toorday
Frantz" and have deemed him an undesirable.

On SportsZone last night he said that he had to return to France to answer charges that he was making fun of the gendarmes in the airport. He joked about their funny boots and hats. No sense of humor these guys. Somehow I expect the true story is a little more interesting.

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 14:01:55 GMT, Boyd Speerschneider <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in news:BB61B5AC.AEB0% [email protected]:
>
>> On 8/14/03 7:33 PM, in article [email protected], "pista-1"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone know the "real" story?
>>

>> Where do you see a story indicating that he's "in trouble" ????
>
>He said something during the TDF coverage like he was asked not to come back to France. However, he
>didn't say by whom.

OLN?

Regards! Stephen

Steve McGinty <stephenmcginty@ntlworld_DOT_.com> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 14:01:55 GMT, Boyd Speerschneider <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>"Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in news:BB61B5AC.AEB0% [email protected]:

>>> Where do you see a story indicating that he's "in trouble" ????
>>
>>He said something during the TDF coverage like he was asked not to come back to France. However,
>>he didn't say by whom.
>>
> OLN?
>
> Regards! Stephen

No, I think he was referring to the time when he was a rider in the TDF. But, I could be mistaken.

Anyone?

- Boyd S.

> On SportsZone last night he said that he had to return to France to answer charges that he was
> making fun of the gendarmes in the airport. He joked about their funny boots and hats. No sense of
> humor these guys. Somehow I expect the true story is a little more interesting.

I don't believe it. You can get away with murder with the Gendarmes. Now if it was the National
Police, that would be a different story. You don't want to even make eye contact with them.

"DiabloScott" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Tony wrote:
> > "Steven L. Sheffield" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<BB61B5AC.AEB0%[email protected]>...

> > > Where do you see a story indicating that he's "in trouble" ????
> > Le Ministere de la Culture et de la Communication have heard his obnoxious pronunciation of
> > "Toorday Frantz" and have deemed him an undesirable.
>

> On SportsZone last night he said that he had to return to France to answer charges that he was
> making fun of the gendarmes in the airport. He joked about their funny boots and hats. No sense of
> humor these guys. Somehow I expect the true story is a little more interesting.
>

> --
> Check out my bike blog!
>
> http://diabloscott.blogspot.com

"Mike Jacoubowsky/Chain Reaction Bicycles" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BXd%[email protected]...
> > On SportsZone last night he said that he had to return to France to answer charges that he was
> > making fun of the gendarmes in the airport. He joked about their funny boots and hats. No sense
> > of humor these guys. Somehow I expect the true story is a little more interesting.
>
> I don't believe it. You can get away with murder with the Gendarmes. Now if it was the National
> Police, that would be a different story. You don't want to even make eye contact with them.

Why not?

Dashii

"Boyd Speerschneider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> How dare they cover other summer sports besides cycling in a show called
"Summer Sports Zone".

> - Boyd S.

Ok, but the majority of the viewers watch that show for cycling, not for rowing and rock climbing.
If they wanted to watch that, they can watch ESPN.

> > > On SportsZone last night he said that he had to return to France to answer charges that he was
> > > making fun of the gendarmes in the airport. He joked about their funny boots and hats. No
> > > sense of humor these
guys.
> > > Somehow I expect the true story is a little more interesting.
> >
> > I don't believe it. You can get away with murder with the Gendarmes.
Now
> > if it was the National Police, that would be a different story. You
don't
> > want to even make eye contact with them.
>
> Why not?

Because they carry really big guns, look like they mean business, and have a reputation for being
people you don't mess with. Just like the guys here in the US that you see around the capitol, with
sniper rifles.

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

>>> I don't believe it. You can get away with murder with the Gendarmes. Now if it was the National
>>> Police, that would be a different story. You don't want to even make eye contact with them.
>>
>> Why not?
>
> Because they [...] mean business, and have a reputation for being people you don't mess with.

The Gendarmerie is part of the the Ministry of Defense, while the Police Nationale is part of the
Interior Ministry. Functionally, smaller towns and rural areas and highways are patrolled by the
Gendarmerie while Paris and the other big cities are patrolled by the Police. Mike is right about
the Police Nationale.

Robert Chung wrote:
> Mike is right about the Police Nationale.

Which is not to say that police in other places can't just as unpleasant, particularly if judged by
their online personas.

"Jiyang Chen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Boyd Speerschneider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > How dare they cover other summer sports besides cycling in a show called
> "Summer Sports Zone".
> >
> > - Boyd S.
>
> Ok, but the majority of the viewers watch that show for cycling, not for rowing and rock climbing.
> If they wanted to watch that, they can watch ESPN.

Not really.

>>Ok, but the majority of the viewers watch that show for cycling, not for rowing and rock climbing.
>>If they wanted to watch that, they can watch ESPN.

I think you'd lose that bet.... otherwise cycling would hold a larger place in programing
in general.