Why is it

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Deeznuts, Jun 9, 2003.

  1. Deeznuts

    Deeznuts Guest

    That whenever LANCE! races and does not win, some fanboy has to ask if he was trying or not? Is it
    really that hard to believe?

    Deez

    Tags:

  2. Dashi Toshii

    Dashi Toshii Guest

    "Deeznuts" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > That whenever LANCE! races and does not win, some fanboy has to ask if he was trying or not? Is it
    > really that hard to believe?
    >

    > Deez

    It's obvious that he was just sitting in to get some work before the big event next month.

    Dashii

  3. Wade Summers

    Wade Summers Guest

    "Dashi Toshii" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Deeznuts" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > That whenever LANCE! races and does not win, some fanboy has to ask if he was trying or not? Is
    > > it really that hard to believe?
    > >

    > > Deez
    >
    > It's obvious that he was just sitting in to get some work before the big event next month.
    >
    > Dashii

    I'm pretty sure Deez was referring to the prologue. Hard to "sit in" during a TT...

    Wade

  4. Deeznuts

    Deeznuts Guest

    "Dashi Toshii" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Deeznuts" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > That whenever LANCE! races and does not win, some fanboy has to ask if he was trying or not? Is
    > > it really that hard to believe?
    > >

    > > Deez
    >
    > It's obvious that he was just sitting in to get some work before the big event next month.
    >
    > Dashii

    I was talking about the prologue.

  5. Deeznuts schreef:

    > That whenever LANCE! races and does not win, some fanboy has to ask if he was trying or not? Is it
    > really that hard to believe?

    Mayo says he wasn't trying either.

  6. If you read the Outside Magazine's recent article about Lance, you will see that he absolutely hates
    to loose. -Keith

    "Deeznuts" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > That whenever LANCE! races and does not win, some fanboy has to ask if he was trying or not? Is it
    > really that hard to believe?
    >

    > Deez

  7. Tim Mullin

    Tim Mullin Guest

    "D. Keith Arbuckle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > If you read the Outside Magazine's recent article about Lance, you will see that he absolutely
    > hates to loose.

    That doesn't mean he's incapable of it. Or do you believe he's invincable, loosing only when he
    chooses to do so?

  8. Lance is not invincible! It appeared that he really wanted to win the LBL, but he came up short
    on that day.

    It does seem as though he uses many of the races to prepare for the TdF where he really doesn't want
    to loose, but there are certain ones that suit his strengths and he makes a real effort to win like
    the Amstel Gold and the LBL. There are some relavent comments from him about racing to win that were
    posted today on CyclingNews at the top of this page
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/jun03/jun11news2

    Cheers. -Keith

    news:[email protected]...