Why is Lance getting so BIG? Pics...

steve26 said:
He seems to be training for a bodybuilding contest....

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24891975-11088,00.html

Good article. The guy is a legend. Riding for no salary, promoting the foundation & best of all taking 2 mill off the South Australian government just for turning up. Yep it's all about the foundation. Fark me isn't there a credit crunch ? Aren't aussie sports struggling for cash over their British counterparts ? 2 million well spent. Fark me I'd pump weights for that amount. Smart guy.

whiteboytrash said:
Good article. The guy is a legend. Riding for no salary, promoting the foundation & best of all taking 2 mill off the South Australian government just for turning up. Yep it's all about the foundation. Fark me isn't there a credit crunch ? Aren't aussie sports struggling for cash over their British counterparts ? 2 million well spent. Fark me I'd pump weights for that amount. Smart guy.
Dweeb, it's a write-off for the Aussie gov. It's not going into Lance's pocket.

earth_dweller said:
prove it.
Armstrong travelled from Honolulu with his Polish masseur on a commercial airline. His entourage, believed to number 19, will arrive separately.

There are some who swear black and blue that Armstrong will receive $US2 million ($A2.84 million) just for turning up on the start line in Adelaide. Others are certain the figure is $US1 million.

Race organisers will not respond to questions about the additional financial investment that South Australia's government is forking out for the sporting mega star. They prefer to talk up the dollars Armstrong's presence will generate.

______

Armstrong wouldn't get out of bed for less than 2mill let alone fly for 10 hours to race in the Tour Down Under. Its going to be a big year. The Giro must be paying him around 5million. No wonder he came out of retirement he's going to be mega mega rich. Fark the foundation this comeback thing is a cash cow and he don't even have to win !

whiteboytrash said:
Armstrong travelled from Honolulu with his Polish masseur on a commercial airline. His entourage, believed to number 19, will arrive separately.

There are some who swear black and blue that Armstrong will receive $US2 million ($A2.84 million) just for turning up on the start line in Adelaide. Others are certain the figure is $US1 million.

Race organisers will not respond to questions about the additional financial investment that South Australia's government is forking out for the sporting mega star. They prefer to talk up the dollars Armstrong's presence will generate.

______

Armstrong wouldn't get out of bed for less than 2mill let alone fly for 10 hours to race in the Tour Down Under. Its going to be a big year. The Giro must be paying him around 5million. No wonder he came out of retirement he's going to be mega mega rich. Fark the foundation this comeback thing is a cash cow and he don't even have to win !
so? still doesn't say that the money is or is not as per Armstrong's BFF going into his pockets?

oh and of course, it's going into his pockets or into his new FOR PROFIT livestrong gig (which would be the same thing).

earth_dweller said:
so? still doesn't say that the money is or is not as per Armstrong's BFF going into his pockets?

oh and of course, it's going into his pockets or into his new FOR PROFIT livestrong gig (which would be the same thing).
You're right:

"For me it's not so much a sporting challenge, and it's not a financial challenge, it's not any of those things.
"I came back as a volunteer and so I'm here for the love of the bike and the passion of the cause."

Quite possible (heard it on the grapevice) his cancer foundation has been losing money and he needs to get back on the bike to market it for more money.

They have been spending a fortune on advertsing the foundation. He needs some tight **** accountants running it and a few nuns managing them to make sure the money is not diverted to Swiss bank accounts.

earth_dweller said:

According to Mr Transparency it's his pay cheque and not going to his cancer fund raiser.
The Texan also confirmed he had received an appearance fee for his visit, but he stressed it was not to race.

He also said he would not donate the fee, rumoured to be $A1 million, to his Lance Armstrong Foundation, a cancer charity.

"This is not just me showing up to a bike race and racing," he said.

"There's other things involved, it's not simply showing up at a bike race and being paid to race a bike.

"I'm not being paid to race - is there a fee for other things? Yes - but that's not anything different for the last (few) years."

Armstrong said he had been on the public speaking circuit for the last few years and compared the fee to what he would receive for those engagements.
from http://au.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/5267086/relaxed-armstrong-says-nervous

Trev_S said:
According to Mr Transparency it's his pay cheque and not going to his cancer fund raiser.

from http://au.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/5267086/relaxed-armstrong-says-nervous
...and in the same breath:

""I'm relaxed because I'm having fun," said Armstrong. "I'm having a hell of a lot of fun. I will be totally honest with you, I wake up every day and I am doing this for free. I asked him [Johan Brunyeel] can I come and race and I'm racing for free. I suppose I could have called other teams and I suppose the number could have gotten up there, but there's no money here. I'm doing it because I love to do it. I put my clothes on every day and get on that bike because I want to do it."

whiteboytrash said:
...and in the same breath:

""I'm relaxed because I'm having fun," said Armstrong. "I'm having a hell of a lot of fun. I will be totally honest with you, I wake up every day and I am doing this for free. I asked him [Johan Brunyeel] can I come and race and I'm racing for free. I suppose I could have called other teams and I suppose the number could have gotten up there, but there's no money here. I'm doing it because I love to do it. I put my clothes on every day and get on that bike because I want to do it."
The guy is like a coke addict. He just cannot stop doping. Even after quiting briefly, the psychological urge became so great that he fell off the wagon. Too bad it is the sport that will suffer for his relapse.