I started driving to work the other day carrying my bike and planning a long ride that afternoon,
also knowing that I would be working outside (in the sun) that day. I realized that I had forgotten
my sunblock (the "cheap" no-ad stuff at "only" 5.99 a bottle at walmart), so I decided to stop and
buy some. The cheapest I found was that coppertone spray on stuff at 10.99 per bottle. Now, I am
wondering why in the hell the same stuff they've been selling year after year seems to be going up
faster than everything else.
Triathlon · Public discussion
Why is sunblock so damn expensive?
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Triathlon
- Published
- 11 June 2003
- Last activity
- 11 June 2003
- Original author
- Radioactive Man
- Posts
- 3
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 1,196
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
In article said:
I started driving to work the other day carrying my bike and planning a long ride that afternoon,
also knowing that I would be working outside (in the sun) that day. I realized that I had
forgotten my sunblock (the "cheap" no-ad stuff at "only" 5.99 a bottle at walmart), so I decided
to stop and buy some. The cheapest I found was that coppertone spray on stuff at 10.99 per bottle.
Now, I am wondering why in the hell the same stuff they've been selling year after year seems to
be going up faster than everything else.Because there's no ozone layer left and they know you HAVE to buy it?
--Harold Buck
"I used to rock and roll all night, and party every day. Then it was every other day. . . ."
- Homer J. Simpson
-
In article <[email hidden]>, Harold Buck
Quoted message said:
In article said:
I started driving to work the other day carrying my bike and planning a long ride that
afternoon, also knowing that I would be working outside (in the sun) that day. I realized that I
had forgotten my sunblock (the "cheap" no-ad stuff at "only" 5.99 a bottle at walmart), so I
decided to stop and buy some. The cheapest I found was that coppertone spray on stuff at 10.99
per bottle. Now, I am wondering why in the hell the same stuff they've been selling year after
year seems to be going up faster than everything else.Because there's no ozone layer left and they know you HAVE to buy it?
--Harold Buck
exactly. hunt around for deals. i found a brand called No Ad which is a fraction of the cost of the
popular name brands. the SPF 30 sport block works fine for me.Cam
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.