Why is sunblock so damn expensive?

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Radioactive Man, Jun 10, 2003.

  1. I started driving to work the other day carrying my bike and planning a long ride that afternoon,
    also knowing that I would be working outside (in the sun) that day. I realized that I had forgotten
    my sunblock (the "cheap" no-ad stuff at "only" 5.99 a bottle at walmart), so I decided to stop and
    buy some. The cheapest I found was that coppertone spray on stuff at 10.99 per bottle. Now, I am
    wondering why in the hell the same stuff they've been selling year after year seems to be going up
    faster than everything else.

    Tags:

  2. Harold Buck

    Harold Buck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Radioactive Man <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I started driving to work the other day carrying my bike and planning a long ride that afternoon,
    > also knowing that I would be working outside (in the sun) that day. I realized that I had
    > forgotten my sunblock (the "cheap" no-ad stuff at "only" 5.99 a bottle at walmart), so I decided
    > to stop and buy some. The cheapest I found was that coppertone spray on stuff at 10.99 per bottle.
    > Now, I am wondering why in the hell the same stuff they've been selling year after year seems to
    > be going up faster than everything else.

    Because there's no ozone layer left and they know you HAVE to buy it?

    --Harold Buck

    - Homer J. Simpson

  3. Cam Wilson

    Cam Wilson Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Harold Buck
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>, Radioactive Man <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > I started driving to work the other day carrying my bike and planning a long ride that
    > > afternoon, also knowing that I would be working outside (in the sun) that day. I realized that I
    > > had forgotten my sunblock (the "cheap" no-ad stuff at "only" 5.99 a bottle at walmart), so I
    > > decided to stop and buy some. The cheapest I found was that coppertone spray on stuff at 10.99
    > > per bottle. Now, I am wondering why in the hell the same stuff they've been selling year after
    > > year seems to be going up faster than everything else.
    >

    > Because there's no ozone layer left and they know you HAVE to buy it?
    >
    > --Harold Buck

    exactly. hunt around for deals. i found a brand called No Ad which is a fraction of the cost of the
    popular name brands. the SPF 30 sport block works fine for me.

    Cam