Why is sunblock so damn expensive?

Radioactive Man

Guest
I started driving to work the other day carrying my bike and planning a long ride that afternoon,
also knowing that I would be working outside (in the sun) that day. I realized that I had forgotten
my sunblock (the "cheap" no-ad stuff at "only" 5.99 a bottle at walmart), so I decided to stop and
buy some. The cheapest I found was that coppertone spray on stuff at 10.99 per bottle. Now, I am
wondering why in the hell the same stuff they've been selling year after year seems to be going up
faster than everything else.

In article <[email protected]>, Radioactive Man <[email protected]> wrote:

> I started driving to work the other day carrying my bike and planning a long ride that afternoon,
> also knowing that I would be working outside (in the sun) that day. I realized that I had
> forgotten my sunblock (the "cheap" no-ad stuff at "only" 5.99 a bottle at walmart), so I decided
> to stop and buy some. The cheapest I found was that coppertone spray on stuff at 10.99 per bottle.
> Now, I am wondering why in the hell the same stuff they've been selling year after year seems to
> be going up faster than everything else.

Because there's no ozone layer left and they know you HAVE to buy it?

--Harold Buck

- Homer J. Simpson

In article <[email protected]>, Harold Buck
<[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>, Radioactive Man <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I started driving to work the other day carrying my bike and planning a long ride that
> > afternoon, also knowing that I would be working outside (in the sun) that day. I realized that I
> > had forgotten my sunblock (the "cheap" no-ad stuff at "only" 5.99 a bottle at walmart), so I
> > decided to stop and buy some. The cheapest I found was that coppertone spray on stuff at 10.99
> > per bottle. Now, I am wondering why in the hell the same stuff they've been selling year after
> > year seems to be going up faster than everything else.
>

> Because there's no ozone layer left and they know you HAVE to buy it?
>
> --Harold Buck

exactly. hunt around for deals. i found a brand called No Ad which is a fraction of the cost of the
popular name brands. the SPF 30 sport block works fine for me.

Cam