Why Is the Number of Idiot Mountain Bikers ENDLESS???

Mike Vandeman

Guest
At 01:37 PM 4/26/2007, [email protected] wrote:
>Have you ever ridden a mountain bike 5 miles straight up a mountain on a fire road? You can't possibly tell me that is not good exercise. I have hiked and biked both, and I assure you I hurt much more the day after biking.

Yeah, but when you consider the whole trip, including the downhill,
hiking takes more energy. Mountain bikers are just too lazy to walk, I
guess. Why can't you WALK???

> In today's obese society anything that gets people off the couch and out enjoying nature while getting a good workout is worthwhile.

If you were the only living thing in the world, yes. But when you
consider wildlife and other trail users, mountain biking is more
harmful than helpful. If you want exercise, you can always WALK.
What's wrong with WALKING????? And it doesn't harm the environment
anywhere near as much as mountain biking.

> Both hiking and biking can be done responsibly.

Yes. Keep your bike on paved roads, where it can't do much harm.

> We should work towards education and enforcement of guidelines so that everyone can enjoy the parks, hikers, bikers, and animals alike.

You aren't being honest. Mountain bikers ALREADY can enjoy every trail
in the world: on foot. WHY CAN'T MOUNTAIN BIKERS EVER TELL THE
TRUTH???

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> Yes. Keep your bike on paved roads, where it can't do much harm.

Nevermind the fact that the PAVEMENT dramatically altered the
environment...

Why arent you taking any wrath on equestrians? And as far as your
buisness about Mtn bikes being heavier than a hiker...My mountain bike
weighs 24 pounds...so with me and the bike and all my gear i am a
total rolling mass of about 180 pounds...I have seen MANY hikers who
weigh more than that...you have an invalid point.

>>(I spent the previous 8

And look how that turned out....let me be the first to jump into your
boat...

On 26 Apr 2007 23:11:35 -0700, Daniel <[email protected]>
wrote:

>> Yes. Keep your bike on paved roads, where it can't do much harm.

>Nevermind the fact that the PAVEMENT dramatically altered the
>environment...

BS. I'm not advocating paving. In fact, I'm advocating depaving.

>Why arent you taking any wrath on equestrians?

What are you talking about? I don't support horseback riding.

And as far as your
>buisness about Mtn bikes being heavier than a hiker

I never said that. I said that a bike increases your weight. You would
be lighter (and slower) as a hiker. So banning bikes would decrease
your impacts. QED