Why Is the Supply of Idiot Mountain Bikers ENDLESS?

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.soc' started by Mike Vandeman, Jun 11, 2004.

  1. X-Apparently-To: [email protected] via web81202.mail.yahoo.com; Fri, 11 Jun
    2004 03:21:48 -0700
    From: "William Grant" <[email protected]>
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Your Letter about the consequences of mountainbiking on the
    environment.
    Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:21:47 +0000

    Dear Mike Vandeman,

    I am 16 i ride a mountain bike, i have friends who part-take in racing
    mountainbikes. Many people throughout the world mountain bike.

    Reading your letter i was rather surprised, that you compared a mountainbike
    which has the equivilant of 2cm squared of rubber on the mud at one point, is
    causing more destruction than the brazilians cutting down the rainforests.

    I do not see what your arguement is based on. You havent been rashional with
    your arguement. You have chosen a sport which obviously you haven't spent
    anytime looking into, or learning the slightest about. How would something run
    by the own human body cause more damage to the environment than a car, lorry,
    any form of transportation.

    Are beavers destroying the habitat of other animals? Well from how mal-informed
    you were about mountainbiking i could see you judging animals as a threat to
    themselves.

    I am afraid to say that your time was wasted, due to your arguement being
    mal-informed, badly researched and i would expect better from someone with a
    PHD.

    Your sincerly, hope you realise the flaws in your arguement

    William Grant,
    Resident of the UK.

    http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

    ===