Why Is the Supply of Idiot Mountain Bikers ENDLESS?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Mike Vandeman, Jun 11, 2004.

  1. X-Apparently-To: [email protected] via web81202.mail.yahoo.com; Fri, 11 Jun
    2004 03:21:48 -0700
    From: "William Grant" <[email protected]>
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Your Letter about the consequences of mountainbiking on the
    environment.
    Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:21:47 +0000

    Dear Mike Vandeman,

    I am 16 i ride a mountain bike, i have friends who part-take
    in racing mountainbikes. Many people throughout the world
    mountain bike.

    Reading your letter i was rather surprised, that you
    compared a mountainbike which has the equivilant of 2cm
    squared of rubber on the mud at one point, is causing more
    destruction than the brazilians cutting down the
    rainforests.

    I do not see what your arguement is based on. You havent
    been rashional with your arguement. You have chosen a sport
    which obviously you haven't spent anytime looking into, or
    learning the slightest about. How would something run by the
    own human body cause more damage to the environment than a
    car, lorry, any form of transportation.

    Are beavers destroying the habitat of other animals? Well
    from how mal-informed you were about mountainbiking i could
    see you judging animals as a threat to themselves.

    I am afraid to say that your time was wasted, due to your
    arguement being mal-informed, badly researched and i would
    expect better from someone with a PHD.

    Your sincerly, hope you realise the flaws in your arguement

    William Grant, Resident of the UK.

    http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

    ===
    I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits
    to humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the
    previous 8 years fighting auto dependence and road
    construction.)

    http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande