why is theo bos not winning races?

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by dominikk85, Nov 4, 2012.

1. dominikk85

dominikk85 New Member

What do you think? I mean this guy was a world champion track sprinter and did a 9.8 200m time trial which is at least half a second faster then even the fastest road sprinters like cav can do. but still he is winning nothing on the road. I mean he gets often dropped but even if he is in there he often makes a 7th place or so.

why is that? is he already tired when the race finishes? or did the endurance preparation rob him of his speed?

Tags:

2. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

Afraid someone is going to shove him into the barricades?

3. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

damn that was bloody nasty /img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon13.gif

4. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

I am surprised Daryl has not abused Bos's skull with a ball bat.

Bos was very fast. I'm not sure why he isn't finishing up top in the road results other than what some good track sprinter have told me about the differences between road race finishing sprints and track sprints.

Trackies blow it out explosively after much shorter efforts on a very smooth/level track. Roadies get abused for 100-250 clicks and then the pace goes to warp 9 for a few kilometers of aerodynamic drag racing. The track handling skills will help get a position, but keeping it when the trains go rolling by? Something else...then there's that little matter of fighting off Andre and Cav and the supporting cast in an uphill sprint or thru six traffic islands, a roundabout and three 90° turns.

A few track sprinters make the transition to road sprinting well. A lot of them do not.

5. trxsale

trxsale New Member

[SIZE=10.5000pt]This article is very good. I like it so much. It is useful, keep working. good job, friends.[/SIZE]

6. ambal

ambal Active Member

You seem to be liking a lot of threads, you sound like a spammer.

7. printingray

printingray New Member

Good info shared. It worth reading.