Why is there an 81 dollar difference between the same brand of shin pads?

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by silverfridge, Feb 11, 2006.

  1. silverfridge

    silverfridge Guest

    What the Wookiee?
    On unicycle.com, there is a pair of shin+knee pads, brand 661, for 105
    australian dollars, and then on blueskycycling.com there is a
    different model of 661 shin+knee pads for only 24 dollars, but i dont
    know what country blueskycycling.com is located in therefore do not
    know the currency.
    could someone please explain this to me?

    Cheers

    --
    silverfridge

    GOD SPEED!
    silverfridge's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11533

  2. unijesse

    unijesse Guest

  3. silverfridge

    silverfridge Guest

  4. litldude2

    litldude2 Guest

  5. habbywall

    habbywall Guest

    some sites are crazy like that though, and there are sometimes way
    different thing in price, so you should always look around on the web
    for a little bit when online shopping, or use froogle, a service
    provided by google, it gives you the lowest price on a search

    --
    habbywall

    'Nick.Jantz' (http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com)
    BUY TORKER UNICYCLES FOR NO APPERANT REASON
    *PM about advertising here! kristine did it! you should too!
    I LOVE JONNY-HE'S SOOOOOOOOO COOOOL*
    '\"Ninjas. Unicycles. Yeah.\" Shirts are out!'
    (http://tinyurl.com/954wy)
    habbywall's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10260

  6. A lot of people use 661 4x4 pads. They're about £20 in the UK, which is
    something like 45 Aus Dollars. Some people use 661 veggie wraps, which
    I think are a bit cheaper. 105 Aus Dollars sounds way too expensive,
    but it depends what model of pads you were looking at.

    --
    rob.northcott

    I need a new sig but I can't think of anything good at the moment...

  7. maestro8

    maestro8 Guest

    habbywall wrote:
    > some sites are crazy like that though, and there are sometimes way
    > different thing in price, so you should always look around on the web
    > for a little bit when online shopping, or use froogle, a service
    > provided by google, it gives you the lowest price on a search

    i was blown away by bluesky cycling's prices; i haven't been able to
    find gear anywhere for cheaper. they're located in so. california, so
    i got my order in just a couple days... even with shipping costs their
    products are cheaper than going to the bike shop.

    --
    maestro8

    Groucho Marx

  8. U-Turn

    U-Turn Guest

    maestro8 wrote:
    > even with shipping costs their products are cheaper than going to the
    > bike shop.

    I bet they won't give you personal help with your unicycle or bicycle,
    though. Patronize the guys that make it real; keep them in business.
    :)

    --
    U-Turn

    'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
    -- Dave Stockton

  9. maestro8

    maestro8 Guest

    U-Turn wrote:
    > I bet they won't give you personal help with your unicycle or bicycle,
    > though. Patronize the guys that make it real; keep them in business.

    Um, how would I need personal help with my helmet or gloves? And,
    despite your wagerless bet, what is your interest in my choice of
    vendor?

    I'll patronize whoever offers me the best price, thank you very much.
    This is one of the benefits that I enjoy as an ordinary consumer in a
    capitalist marketplace. I got some name-brand gear, I got it quick and
    cheap, and I'm satisfied. End of story.

    --
    maestro8

    Groucho Marx