Why is Ullrich still on the hook?

Dumbass

Guest
Why is Ullrich still on the hook while Basso is off the hook.

It is just a matter of the Germans being more, well, *German* than the
Italians?

On 14 Nov 2006 12:17:11 -0800, "Dumbass" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Why is Ullrich still on the hook while Basso is off the hook.
>
>It is just a matter of the Germans being more, well, *German* than the
>Italians?

My very question a few days ago, two bad moves he did:
1. say he would never race for T-Mobile again (actually strawstrap
said that)
2. tear his Swiss Licence
Two braindead moves that mirror his racing tactics through the years.

Now that Disco have Basso and Tinkoff have Hamilton, there's really
nowhere left for him to go, what an idiot.

Keith wrote:
> On 14 Nov 2006 12:17:11 -0800, "Dumbass" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Why is Ullrich still on the hook while Basso is off the hook.
> >
> >It is just a matter of the Germans being more, well, *German* than the
> >Italians?

> My very question a few days ago, two bad moves he did:
> 1. say he would never race for T-Mobile again (actually strawstrap
> said that)
> 2. tear his Swiss Licence

But doesn't it come down to the Germans dropping the investigation?
Seems then his status would be same as Basso, he'd look as clean as
Basso.

> Two braindead moves that mirror his racing tactics through the years.
>
> Now that Disco have Basso and Tinkoff have Hamilton, there's really
> nowhere left for him to go, what an idiot.

At least Ullrich is training hard, not one of his traditional tactics.

I get the impression that Tinkoff is some kind of second tier team, not
appropriate for a guy like Ullrich who needs to be in the tdf next
year.

Father Time is drafting Ullrich on a fast bike, all fueled up and ready
to break past him.

Keith wrote:
> On 14 Nov 2006 12:17:11 -0800, "Dumbass" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Why is Ullrich still on the hook while Basso is off the hook.
> >
> >It is just a matter of the Germans being more, well, *German* than the
> >Italians?

> My very question a few days ago, two bad moves he did:
> 1. say he would never race for T-Mobile again (actually strawstrap
> said that)
> 2. tear his Swiss Licence
> Two braindead moves that mirror his racing tactics through the years.
>
> Now that Disco have Basso and Tinkoff have Hamilton, there's really
> nowhere left for him to go, what an idiot.

Ullrich will find a team if the investigation is dropped. He could
still be the favorite, I think.

Disco would be the best I guess, but I am not sure they would sign him.
It would have been cool but weird.

Dumbass wrote:

> Father Time is drafting Ullrich on a fast bike, all fueled up and ready
> to break past him.

Waxing poetic on RBR? You're the new guy, right?

Subtleties, metaphors, similes, and the ilk have no place in RBR and
are something best left to the qualified - Bob Roll for example. You
should stick to the basics at first - snide comments, derogatory
half-truths with the occasional vituperative rant. It's a formula, but
it works.

"Dumbass" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Keith wrote:
>> On 14 Nov 2006 12:17:11 -0800, "Dumbass" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Why is Ullrich still on the hook while Basso is off the hook.
>> >
>> >It is just a matter of the Germans being more, well, *German* than the
>> >Italians?

>> My very question a few days ago, two bad moves he did:
>> 1. say he would never race for T-Mobile again (actually strawstrap
>> said that)
>> 2. tear his Swiss Licence

> But doesn't it come down to the Germans dropping the investigation?
> Seems then his status would be same as Basso, he'd look as clean as
> Basso.

It has nothing to do with the Germans. Uli was racing with a Swiss license
last year and they want more information.

>> My very question a few days ago, two bad moves he did:
>>> 1. say he would never race for T-Mobile again (actually strawstrap
>>> said that)
>>> 2. tear his Swiss Licence

>> But doesn't it come down to the Germans dropping the investigation?
>> Seems then his status would be same as Basso, he'd look as clean as
>> Basso.
>>

>It has nothing to do with the Germans. Uli was racing with a Swiss license
>last year and they want more information.

You have to wonder why though, what do they have against him that
doesn't come from Spain, zilch, looks like they're getting back at
him, in fact I'm under the impression that whole cylcing mafia is
trying to squeeze him out...

Dumbass wrote:
> Why is Ullrich still on the hook while Basso is off the hook.
>
> It is just a matter of the Germans being more, well, *German* than the
> Italians?

Lance & Co. is behind Basso. I suspected that for some time. Ullrich
is out on his own, as usual. I think he will come of it like he did
with Team Bianchi.
Rick in Tennessee

Keith wrote:
> >> My very question a few days ago, two bad moves he did:
> >>
> >> But doesn't it come down to the Germans dropping the investigation?
> >> Seems then his status would be same as Basso, he'd look as clean as
> >> Basso.
> >>

> >It has nothing to do with the Germans. Uli was racing with a Swiss license
> >last year and they want more information.

> You have to wonder why though, what do they have against him that
> doesn't come from Spain, zilch, looks like they're getting back at
> him, in fact I'm under the impression that whole cylcing mafia is
> trying to squeeze him out...

Maybe because Ullrich is not Swiss? Basso is probably very popular in
Italy.

BTW Basso's old term is extremely ****** at Discovery.

Is Discovery more tolerant of dopers than are other teams? That seems
to be the opinion of some other teams.

>> You have to wonder why though, what do they have against him that
>> doesn't come from Spain, zilch, looks like they're getting back at
>> him, in fact I'm under the impression that whole cylcing mafia is
>> trying to squeeze him out...

>Maybe because Ullrich is not Swiss? Basso is probably very popular in
>Italy.
>
>BTW Basso's old term is extremely ****** at Discovery.

You mean Riis ? Haven't seen that, he fired him right ?

>Is Discovery more tolerant of dopers than are other teams? That seems
>to be the opinion of some other teams.

They had some evidence against Ullrich (his private phone number on
Fuentes records or Fuentes number on Ullrich phone), but there has
never been any evidence against Basso other than some journalist saying
a name on a jar was the name of a dog Basso doesn't have.

Dumbass wrote:
> Why is Ullrich still on the hook while Basso is off the hook.
>
> It is just a matter of the Germans being more, well, *German* than the
> Italians?

In article
<[email protected]>
,

> > >It has nothing to do with the Germans. Uli was racing with a Swiss license
> > >last year and they want more information.

> > You have to wonder why though, what do they have against him that
> > doesn't come from Spain, zilch, looks like they're getting back at
> > him, in fact I'm under the impression that whole cylcing mafia is
> > trying to squeeze him out...

> Maybe because Ullrich is not Swiss? Basso is probably very popular in
> Italy.
>
> BTW Basso's old term is extremely ****** at Discovery.
>
> Is Discovery more tolerant of dopers than are other teams? That seems
> to be the opinion of some other teams.

Sounds rich. CSC throws Basso off the sleigh, and then
get angry when he is rescued? Wait until Basso starts
riding against them. Or maybe the Spanish inquisition
is a deep play by Discovery? Yeah, that's what it is.
Ullrich neutralized, best grand tour rider in the world
on Discovery, other teams in turmoil.

--
Michael Press

Keith wrote:
> >> You have to wonder why though, what do they have against him that
> >> doesn't come from Spain, zilch, looks like they're getting back at
> >> him, in fact I'm under the impression that whole cylcing mafia is
> >> trying to squeeze him out...

> >Maybe because Ullrich is not Swiss? Basso is probably very popular in
> >Italy.
> >
> >BTW Basso's old term is extremely ****** at Discovery.

> You mean Riis ? Haven't seen that, he fired him right ?
> >
> >Is Discovery more tolerant of dopers than are other teams? That seems
> >to be the opinion of some other teams.

Here's the story:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,28910-2451391,00.html

And google news search of "Basso Discovery" turns up more on this.

There is a rift among teams on doping policy. I think this is a
developing story.

CSC seems to think they should have been able to resign Basso, but
Basso had not cooperated with the investigation so he was still too
tainted for CSC when Disco signed him.
I believe that's the story.

Dumbass wrote:

> CSC seems to think they should have been able to resign Basso

I wonder if CSC thinks that Riis should have kept his big mouth shut
and not flamed Basso? That will come back to haunt them big time.

Lance had nearly 100% efficiency converting anger into glycogen. Basso
was too nice of a guy and needed to want to hurt people more. I'm not
talking about making some legs hurt and laughing about it afterwards.
I mean hurt like taking a baseball bat to some kneecaps. I think he
may have found the correct catalyst in Riis.

Basso needs a new nickname. Something fierce.

"RicodJour" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Dumbass wrote:
> >
> > CSC seems to think they should have been able to resign Basso

> I wonder if CSC thinks that Riis should have kept his big mouth shut
> and not flamed Basso? That will come back to haunt them big time.
>
> Lance had nearly 100% efficiency converting anger into glycogen. Basso
> was too nice of a guy and needed to want to hurt people more. I'm not
> talking about making some legs hurt and laughing about it afterwards.
> I mean hurt like taking a baseball bat to some kneecaps. I think he
> may have found the correct catalyst in Riis.
>
> Basso needs a new nickname. Something fierce.

Ivan the Terrible?

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

> > Basso needs a new nickname. Something fierce.

> Ivan the Terrible?

I need some coffee! I was thinking of the Italian pronunciation of
terrible (il terrible > Il Terrible?) when I posted and I didn't even
think of Basso's first name. How sad is that?

On 15 Nov 2006 17:24:47 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

>They had some evidence against Ullrich (his private phone number on
>Fuentes records or Fuentes number on Ullrich phone), but there has
>never been any evidence against Basso other than some journalist saying
>a name on a jar was the name of a dog Basso doesn't have.

Well I think they were both on the "May Festival" fax Fuentes sent to
an Italian accomplice.

They also have an SMS sent from Pevenage's phone.

Either way that's pretty light in both cases, Ulle should be let off
the hook too or Basso back on it.

On 16 Nov 2006 06:13:18 -0800, "Dumbass" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> >Maybe because Ullrich is not Swiss? Basso is probably very popular in
>> >Italy.
>> >
>> >BTW Basso's old term is extremely ****** at Discovery.

>> You mean Riis ? Haven't seen that, he fired him right ?
>> >
>> >Is Discovery more tolerant of dopers than are other teams? That seems
>> >to be the opinion of some other teams.

>Here's the story:
>
>http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,28910-2451391,00.html
>
>And google news search of "Basso Discovery" turns up more on this.
>
>There is a rift among teams on doping policy. I think this is a
>developing story.
>
>CSC seems to think they should have been able to resign Basso, but
>Basso had not cooperated with the investigation so he was still too
>tainted for CSC when Disco signed him.
>I believe that's the story.

You can't talk about a man the way they did and expect him to go back to work
for you. As far as I can tell Basso and his lawyers were the ones defending him,
not the team. They don't get to dictate the strategy.

Ron

Dumbass wrote:

> > >Maybe because Ullrich is not Swiss? Basso is probably very popular in
> > >Italy.
> > >
> > >BTW Basso's old term is extremely ****** at Discovery.

> > You mean Riis ? Haven't seen that, he fired him right ?
> > >
> > >Is Discovery more tolerant of dopers than are other teams? That seems
> > >to be the opinion of some other teams.

> Here's the story:
>
> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,28910-2451391,00.html
>
> And google news search of "Basso Discovery" turns up more on this.
>
> There is a rift among teams on doping policy. I think this is a
> developing story.
>
> CSC seems to think they should have been able to resign Basso, but
> Basso had not cooperated with the investigation so he was still too
> tainted for CSC when Disco signed him.
> I believe that's the story.

I noticed in google news that some teams are now requiring DNA rights
in their contracts.
That eliminates this Basso and Ullrich thing where they are not
cooperating in providing DNA for the Spanish. Under the new contracts,
the team can provide the DNA, I think.

Keith wrote:
> On 15 Nov 2006 17:24:47 -0800, [email protected] wrote:
>
> >They had some evidence against Ullrich (his private phone number on
> >Fuentes records or Fuentes number on Ullrich phone), but there has
> >never been any evidence against Basso other than some journalist saying
> >a name on a jar was the name of a dog Basso doesn't have.

> Well I think they were both on the "May Festival" fax Fuentes sent to
> an Italian accomplice.
>
> They also have an SMS sent from Pevenage's phone.
>
> Either way that's pretty light in both cases, Ulle should be let off
> the hook too or Basso back on it.

They both refused to cooperate by providing DNA to check against the
Fuentes blood bags.