Why Isn't Anyone Talking About The Jewish Factor? ------ BWd4xaBwlAwm

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 00:27:32 GMT, "Claire Petersky"
<[email protected]> wrote:
>If you bike had a religion, what would it be?

My MTB worships to the god named "Oh ****, here comes another tree".

My road bike worships to the god named "Bonk".
--
Rick Onanian

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 21:05:18 -0600, Kevan Smith
<[email protected]> wrote:
>All bikes are Quakers to the extent that they are peaceful tools. Beat your swords into bicycles!

I don't think the bicycles would appreciate that. Is that any way to reward their peace?
--
Rick Onanian

> >If you bike had a religion, what would it be?

I'm not sure about an exact religion but my main bike is absolutelly loyal to me and never touched
by any one else, yet I'm allowed to have many bikes..... sort of a harem ;))

Cheers Peter

"Tom Keats" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,

> I think Claire's sometimes has Baptist tendencies ;-)

Nah, that's Hindu tendencies. She just confuses Richard's Creek with the Ganges.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky

Home of the meditative cyclist:

Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at:
http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Cpetersky
My bookshelf: http://www.bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf/Cpetersky

"To forgive is to set the prisoner free and then discover the prisoner
was you."

Ilambert wrote:
> By all mean,let's foster stereotypes of all sorts! Like,aren't all cyclists weird(or gay or commys-
> take your pick).Steve "JimLane" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:1073940826.974871@news-
> 1.nethere.net...
>
>>Claire Petersky wrote:
>>
>>>If you bike had a religion, what would it be?

snip

>>Wiccan.

Run out of salt?

jim

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:59:32 -0600, Kevan Smith
<[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Beat your swords into bicycles!
>
>steel is a much smoother ride than aluminium.

Not if it's a sword. Remember the thread "Tip of the spear"?
--
Rick Onanian

Dunno about my bikes, though sometimes they kneel to worship, complete with a "Shhhhhhhhh" sound.
But I know about me...I'm a Polycyclist.

> If you bike had a religion, what would it be?
>
> Does your Bianchi worship at the shrine of the Madonna di Ghisallo?
>
> Is your Chinese-made bike a Taoist, a Confucianist, a Buddhist, or in that traditional Chinese
> syncretic way, a combination of the three (with a little Maoist thrown in?)
>
> Are your wheels prayer wheels, continually radiating out the Om Mani Padme Hum in all directions?
>
> My bike might be a Quaker -- silent, practical, honest, idealistic.
>

> --
> Warm Regards,
>
> Claire Petersky Please replace earthlink for mouse-potato and .net for .com
>
> Home of the meditative cyclist: http://home.earthlink.net/~cpetersky/Welcome.htm
>
> Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at: http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Cpetersky My
> bookshelf: http://www.bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf/Cpetersky
>
> "To forgive is to set the prisoner free and then discover the prisoner was you."

"Andy M-S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Dunno about my bikes, though sometimes they kneel to worship, complete with a "Shhhhhhhhh" sound.
> But I know about me...I'm a Polycyclist.

I'm a lapsed unicyclist.

Thats a bit like being a lapsed anglican though, nothing like as cranky as lapsed catholics etc.

> "Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > If you bike had a religion, what would it be?

In the census form last time they asked for the religion of the household to be included, the reply
being optional.

Just why Our Government needed to know where all the Zoroastrians and Unreconstructed Polygamists
were hanging out escapes me but it caused a bit of a furore when a whole bunch of kids of my
daughters age wanted to describe themselves as Jedi Knights. The Government Statistician said that
weren't a Proper Religion (what is?) and they might well be sent to bed without supper if they
persisted. I think the spoilsport has not yet shared with us how many Jedi's we have here and
proportionately how we rate internationally.

Personally I think Jedi would be a fine religion - my inability to get my brakes absolutely spot on
has nothing to do with my mechanical ineptitude and everything to do with said brakes being
controlled by the dark side of the Force.

I was a tad annoyed at them asking how many cars were attributable to the household - and not asking
the same question about bikes in the household - for which I would have needed to attach several
supplementary schedules and spoken fondly and at length of the track bike which is conceived but not
yet born. I would have even volunteered the religion of each, allowing of course for the trackie not
being baptised yet.

And if they had asked did I intend to ride a bike in the next 12 months and what did I think
about the current suitability of the roads for riding I really might have got interested in the
whole thing!

best, Andrew

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:37:24 GMT, "Andrew Price"
<[email protected]> wrote:
>In the census form last time they asked for the religion of the household to be included, the reply
>being optional.
>
>Just why Our Government needed to know where all the Zoroastrians and

They don't "need to know" most of what's on the census form; and they even say that they don't
"need" to know religion, by making the reply optional.

You should have insisted that your Jedi children be counted. With freedom of religion, well, we
should be able to choose _any_ religion, should we not?
--
Rick Onanian

Andrew Price wrote:

>> "Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>>> If you bike had a religion, what would it be?

> In the census form last time they asked for the religion of the household to be included, the
> reply being optional.

> Just why Our Government needed to know where all the Zoroastrians and Unreconstructed Polygamists
> were hanging out escapes me but it caused a bit of a furore when a whole bunch of kids of my
> daughters age wanted to describe themselves as Jedi Knights. The Government Statistician said that
> weren't a Proper Religion (what is?) and they might well be sent to bed without supper if they
> persisted. I think the spoilsport has not yet shared with us how many Jedi's we have here and
> proportionately how we rate internationally.
>
> Personally I think Jedi would be a fine religion - my inability to get my brakes absolutely spot
> on has nothing to do with my mechanical ineptitude and everything to do with said brakes being
> controlled by the dark side of the Force.

Recently some country -- Australia I think -- had a significant percentage of the population list
their religion as Jedi on a government poll. Things sure have changed. When I lived there 20-some
years ago, it was Confucionist, in homage to the great David Carradine. It's weird that it took so
long for Jedi to catch on, having been around since 1976.

Matt O.

In article <[email protected]>, "Matt O'Toole"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Andrew Price wrote:
>
> >> "Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>

> > Personally I think Jedi would be a fine religion - my inability to get my brakes absolutely spot
> > on has nothing to do with my mechanical ineptitude and everything to do with said brakes being
> > controlled by the dark side of the Force.
>
> Recently some country -- Australia I think -- had a significant percentage of the population list
> their religion as Jedi on a government poll. Things sure have changed. When I lived there 20-some
> years ago, it was Confucionist, in homage to the great David Carradine. It's weird that it took so
> long for Jedi to catch on, having been around since 1976.
>
> Matt O.

OMG... talk about the Goobification of society.

I see these guys battling each other with foam swords in the woods where we go mountain biking. The
contrast is interesting. Fit, healthy hikers, bikers, etc, and pasty, flabby, black clad guys with
foam swords. Well, at least they get out of the basement for a few hours!

Yea, but Richard M. Nixon was a Quaker by religion. Remember him ?

-Steve

Don't worry I did not vote for Nixon. Too young, heheehe

> If you bike had a religion, what would it be?
>

> My bike might be a Quaker -- silent, practical, honest, idealistic.
>

> --
> Warm Regards,

In article <[email protected]>,
"David L. Johnson" <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 00:27:32 +0000, Claire Petersky wrote:
>
> > If you bike had a religion, what would it be?
>
> > My bike might be a Quaker -- silent, practical, honest, idealistic.
>
> Hmm. I don't know about my bike, but it's rider is.

Rider is what?

A member of The Society of Friends

or silent????

My favorite Quaker saying: ³ When thee gets home tonight, I hope thy mother barks before she
bites thee.²

......:)

"David L. Johnson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 18:37:33 -0800, Steven Gee wrote:
>
> > Yea, but Richard M. Nixon was a Quaker by religion. Remember him ?
>
> Quakers have not been well-represented in US politics. Nixon was raised a Friend, but was never an
> active member. His mother was. AFAIK the only other Quaker president was Herbert Hoover. Not a
> great record, as I said. The perennial candidate Lyndon LaRouche is also a Quaker. Sigh.

Was a Quaker. LaRouche broke with the Friends in order to serve in WWII.