Why my baby? Attorneys trolling bad births - GOOD...UBPN silence - BAD...

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Todd Gastaldo, Mar 14, 2004.

  1. WHY MY BABY? See the very end of this post...

    BAD BIRTHS... UBPN silence may be contributing... See below.

    IT'S **GOOD** THAT BIRTH INJURY ATTORNEYS ARE TROLLING
    BAD BIRTHS...

    BUT...WHY don't birth injury attorneys say to mothers of
    paralyzed children:

    "If - like most women - you gave birth on your back or
    semisitting, your OB closed your birth canal up to 30%. OBs
    senselessly closing birth canals is obvious demonstrable
    negligence - quite relevant to causation of brachial plexus
    injury/BPI."

    After all, the United Brachial Plexus Network (UBPN) says:

    "Brachial plexus injuries most often occur during the
    birthing process...as a result of excessive traction or
    force being applied to the infant's head during delivery."
    http://www.ubpn.org/ubpnweb.nsf/web/information.html

    WHY are we letting obstetricians close birth canals?!

    PREGNANT WOMEN: To allow your birth canal to OPEN the
    "extra" up to 30%, just roll onto your side as you push your
    baby out - but BEWARE - some OBs and CNMwives will let you
    "try" "alternative" delivery positions like side-lying - but
    they will move you back to dorsal or semisitting (close your
    birth canal!) as you push your baby out. Talk to your OB or
    CNMwife about this today!

    list/message/2300

    Allison,

    Thanks for writing again.

    Your email enquiry was quite helpful in assisting me in
    addressing key points...

    My responses are interspersed ####

    ----- Original Message ----- From: "Allison Steigerwalt" <pxy-
    [email protected]> To: <[email protected]> Sent: Saturday, March
    13, 2004 6:13 PM Subject: Re: Mass child abuse by OBs: Dr.
    Nath, you there?

    > Todd, My question is this, What accomplishments have you
    > had in your quest regarding OB's closing birth canals.

    #### The authors of Williams Obstetrics published "my"
    #### biomechanics - that
    was an accomplishment - but they left in their text (in the
    same paragraph!) the "dorsal widens" bald lie that first
    called my attention to their text!

    #### I recently informed Attorney Anthony Mancini of this
    #### bizarre obstetric
    behavior...

    list/message/2360

    > Have you gotten any media coverage?

    #### MAJOR MEDIA? Print media only - and only sporadic.

    #### MIDWIFERY MEDIA

    #### In addition to getting published (albeit without
    #### attribution) in
    Williams Obstetrics (see above)...

    #### In 1996, I brought the simple but grisly biomechanics
    #### to the attention
    of British-trained midwife Prof. Mary Anne Levine, CNM...

    #### CNMwifery Prof. Levine subsequently wrote in the
    #### November 1996 issue of
    RCM Midwives Journal:

    "Dr. Todd Gastaldo, a chiropractor in Oregon, USA...states
    that the 'semi-recumbent posture, and indeed any posture
    which places the labouring client on her sacrum, denies
    mother and fetus the benefit of sacro-iliac motion.' I
    welcome and solicit your comments on this statement, as
    well as any referrals to relevant research findings."
    [Levine MA. Midwives' network. Midwives
    (Nov)1996;109(109):295. Royal College of Midwives, 15
    Mansfield St., London W1M 0BE England. Prof. Mary Ann
    Levine, Department of Nursing, Humboldt State University,
    Arcata, CA 95521; Phone: 707-826-5137 ; E-mail:
    [email protected]; Fax: 707-826-5137. ]

    #### Three years later, CNMwifery Prof. Levine told me she
    #### had received NO
    comments!

    #### This did not surprise me as CNMwifery Prof Helen
    #### Varney *ignored* my
    pleas and PROMOTED semisitting (closing the birth canal)!!

    #### CNMwifery Prof. Varney is STILL (2004) promoting
    #### semisitting (closing
    the birth canal) - and speaking for ALL midwives (not just
    CNMwives) in doing so!

    See Odent on forceps (also: midwives 'prisoners of
    protocol')? http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-
    list/message/2341

    #### BRACHIAL PLEXUS MEDIA

    #### Former UBPN Outreach Editor Bridget McGinn was going to
    #### print an
    article by me a few years back - but it never happened.

    #### Subsequently, I emailed Bridget about bizarre silence
    #### of UBPN Outreach
    benefactor and star attorney Les Weisbrod...

    See Baby Attorney Les Weisbrod! (also: GASTALDO'S ABSTRACT
    edited/proofed) http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-
    list/message/1526

    #### Never got a response from her - or from Les.

    > Have you written to the AMA, or any political figures?

    ##### Yes and yes. For example, regarding AMA, search
    http://groups.google.com for Gastaldo, JAMA, RAMA

    ##### Regarding political figures - I wrote to a powerful
    ##### CALIFORNIA
    (behind-the-scenes) political figure...

    list/message/2365

    > What kind of responses are getting about this issue?

    ##### Silence mostly - and some INDIGNATION - like for
    ##### example
    [email protected] listowner Brenda Copeland-Moore's
    indignation (see below) at my assertion that it's 1) CHILD
    ABUSE for OBs to knowingly close birth canals and that it's
    2) FAILURE TO REPORT child abuse for BPI surgeons like Rahul
    K. Nath, MD to fail to report it.

    #### NOTE: Rahul K. Nath, MD does pediatric surgery so
    #### maybe that makes him
    a pediatrician...

    #### One pediatrician wrote in 1986:

    "What a terrible indictment...guilty of failing those for
    whom we have chosen to be advocates." [Finkel KC: The
    failure to report child abuse. AJDC, 1986;140:329-330]

    #### Rahul doesn't even say on his BPI web page that OBs
    #### are knowingly
    closing birth canals - even as he blames "large size" BABIES
    for their own birth injuries!
    http://www.drnathbrachialplexus.com/injury/children.asp

    ##### Does indignant Brenda - who posted ad hominem instead
    ##### of replying -
    *really* think Rahul has reported the obvious obstetric
    crime as child abuse!? (Or maybe she doesn't think
    obstetricians knowingly closing birth canals should be
    reported as child abuse?)

    A DROWNING METAPHOR...

    At some point, parents loyal to fine surgeons have GOT to
    realize that surgeons saving babies from drowning are
    PERFECTLY positioned to stop obstetricians from pushing
    babies over the cliff upstream!

    ##### Brenda followed up her indignation with ad hominem
    ##### attack which was
    duplicated over on UBPN...

    list/message/2365

    UBPN moderators/censors are STILL scrutinizing my "Tain,
    BPI/Schroeder/Rule 302" reply...

    On the same thread a a UBPN moderator/censor is flip-
    flopping on checking TRUTH...

    First UBPN Pres. Nancy Birk says she "cannot check" - CANNOT
    KNOW whether or not something said in a UBPN post is true
    (and therefore NOT defamation)...

    But THEN she says (in effect) that she CAN know the truth -
    that something *is* defamation - if she and her fellow
    moderators/censors think it is (!) - as in,

    "UBPN cannot check to determine if any statements made are
    true or untrue. We define slander, therefore, broadly, to
    encompass any defamation of character. Defamation as a legal
    term means statements that harm a person's standing in the
    community, and that may expose him/her to public contempt,
    hatred, ridicule or condemnation...Also our message board
    policy addresses the issue of the 'tone' o[f] messages, the
    way someone writes something. It should be done in a
    respecful manner and states that 'courteous and respectful
    posts are expected from all participants'." http://www.ubpn-
    .org/messageboard/thread.jsp?forum=17&thread=8700 http://li-
    sts.topica.com/lists/erbs/read/message.html?mid=808783724

    As noted above, I told UBPN YEARS ago that obstetricians are
    knowingly closing birth canals...

    Will someone please find a "respectful" way to say to UBPN
    (in an acceptable "tone") that obstetricians are closing
    birth canals and *UBPN* is STILL silent about this obvious
    obstetric crime!

    Will someone ask UBPN to put this right up front on the UBPN
    web page where OBs and parents (and attorneys) can see it?

    I'll copy the UBPN moderator/censor at [email protected]

    >Is anyone helping you?

    ##### Various people inquire - you for example - and that
    ##### helps.

    ##### Also, some women report that they allowed their birth
    ##### canals to open
    maximally because of me. That too helps.

    #### (One lady humorously said she "channeled" me during
    #### her delivery!)

    > Do you have written documentation that would be valid in a
    > [trial] for a bpi case?

    ##### Sorry to get E-motional here but - ARRRRGGGGGHHHHH -
    ##### the written
    documentation has been in the medical literature since early
    last century!

    ##### OBs are KNOWINGLY closing birth canals!

    ##### I suggested in my Open Letter to Attorney Mancini
    ##### that OBs HAVE to
    close birth canals because stopping would be tantamount to
    admitting a massive birth crime that sometimes kills or
    paralyzes babies.

    list/message/2360

    ##### I was SO pleased when Attorney Mancini responded -
    ##### but now he's gone
    silent on the issue.

    #### I'm wondering whether Anthony checked his own stable
    #### of "credible"
    OB/GYNs (as I suggested he should) to see whether he had
    an OB/GYN brave enough to speak out and tell a jury that
    OB/GYNs are knowingly closing birth canals and KEEPING
    birth canals closed when shoulders get stuck. Anthony -
    you reading?

    ##### Attorney Mancini hasn't remarked regarding my post
    ##### suggesting that
    MOTHERS could learn in 5 minutes how to show a jury how OBs
    are closing birth canals.

    See the end of: Tain, BPI and the Schroeder/Rule 302 matter
    http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-list/message/2365

    ATTORNEYS TROLLING BAD BIRTHS - GOOD!!!

    ##### I see Attorney Mancini and another BPI attorney (Ken
    ##### Levine) are
    trolling for business on [email protected] http://lists.to-
    pica.com/lists/erbs/read/message.html?mid=808785409

    NEGLIGENT DELIVERY TECHNIQUES?

    ##### Attorney Mancini just wrote to [email protected]:

    "Your child's Brachial Plexus Injury may likely be the
    result of negligent delivery techniques employed by your
    doctor during your child's delivery..."

    http://lists.topica.com/lists/erbs/read/message.html?mid-
    =808783724

    ##### OBs are ADMITTING (on video!) that they are closing
    ##### birth canals up
    to 30% - and that's the best Attorney Mancini can do?!!

    #### Anthony, why not say:

    "If - like most women - you gave birth on your back or
    semisitting, your OB closed your birth canal up to 30%. OBs
    senselessly closing birth canals is obvious demonstrable
    negligence - quite relevant to causation of brachial plexus
    injury/BPI."

    #### Such a letter/email sent out by an ATTORNEY would be
    #### sure to get the
    attention of OBs and possibly stop some OBs from closing
    birth canals.

    ##### REMEMBER: The United Brachial Plexus Network (UBPN)
    ##### says:

    "Brachial plexus injuries most often occur during the
    birthing process...as a result of excessive traction or
    force being applied to the infant's head during delivery."
    http://www.ubpn.org/ubpnweb.nsf/web/information.html

    ##### Why is there NOTHING on the UBPN website about
    ##### obstetricians knowingly
    closing birth canals up to 30%?

    ##### Why is there nothing about obstetricians KEEPING the
    ##### birth canal
    closed when shoulders get stuck?

    ##### I SAY AGAIN: I told UBPN about obstetricians knowingly
    ##### closing birth
    canals YEARS ago.

    ##### UBPN's "Shared Vision" is to,

    "[W]ork towards the PREVENTION of brachial plexus injuries."
    http://www.ubpn.org/ubpnweb.nsf/web/ubpninfo.html

    ##### Babies are getting PARALYZED. Some are DYING.
    ##### (Australian
    obstetrician Norman Beischer, MD has guessed that 10 to 15%
    of stillbirths were just fine right before delivery.)

    ##### If women don't hear my PREVENTION message BEFORE
    ##### birth....

    ##### At the very least they should hear it/see it on the
    ##### UBPN website when
    they wind up with a paralyzed baby!

    ##### UBPN - with its stated Shared Vision of PREVENTION -
    ##### should state
    right up front on the UBPN website that OBs are knowingly
    closing birth canals and KEEPING birth canals closed when
    shoulders get stuck...

    list/message/2300

    ##### BTW, *Brenda Copeland-Moore* - when she gets over her
    ##### indignation -
    could say the same thing right up front at:
    http://lists.topica.com/lists/erbs

    ##### These are EASY things to do. Again, OBs are
    ##### indirectly ADMITTING on
    video that they are closing birth canals!

    ##### Here is the same admission in The Merck Manual:

    "When shoulder dystocia occurs...the mother's thighs are
    hyperflexed to increase the diameter of the pelvic
    outlet..." http://www.merck.com/mrkshared/mmanual/section18-
    /chapter253/253g.jsp

    Note: Merely hyperflexing the mother's thighs is BAD
    McRoberts and does NOT increase the diameter of the
    pelvic outlet!

    list/message/2300

    #### Here are the simple grisly biomechanics of semisitting
    #### (and dorsal)
    delivery clearly stated more recently by Jason Gardosi, MD,
    director of the British National Health Service/NHS West
    Midlands Perinatal Institute/WMPI...

    "...the weight of the mother is in part taken on the sacrum
    which is therefore pushed upwards, thus decreasing the antero-
    posterior diameter of the pelvic outlet..."
    http://www.wmpi.net/reviews/oe/oe_shoulder_dystocia.htm

    #### Jason Gardosi, MD also notes - same site - an
    #### alternative method of
    GOOD McRoberts. Cool!

    #### The strange thing is - Jason Gardosi, MD et al. also
    #### recommend
    semisitting delivery (closing birth canal)!!!

    #### Visitors to the just cited WMPI website read in WMPI's
    #### Pregnancy
    Notes

    "The second stage...You might want to remain in bed with
    your back propped up with pillows...As you push, try to let
    yourself 'open up' below..."
    http://www.preg.info/book/chapter11.htm

    ##### Thanks for writing again, Allison...

    #### Sincerely,

    ##### Todd

    ##### Dr. Gastaldo ([email protected])

    #### Copied to UBPN Pres. Nancy Birk and her fellow board
    #### members: Cathy
    Kanter, Peggy Ferguson, Kim West, Sabrina Randolph, Jennifer
    Engelhardt, Krista Heikkinen, Richard Looby, Kathleen M.
    Mallozzi, Karen McClune and Tami Schenck

    > Thanks, Allison ----- Original Message ----- From: "Todd
    > Gastaldo" <[email protected]k.net> To: <[email protected]>
    > Cc: <[email protected]>; <[email protected]>;
    > <[email protected]> Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004
    > 6:56 PM Subject: Mass child abuse by OBs: Dr. Nath,
    > you there?
    >

    > > DR. NATH, YOU THERE?
    > >
    > > YOU MENTION "LARGE SIZE" BABIES AS BEING A RISK FOR
    > > DIFFICULT DELIVERY
    AND
    > > BPI...
    > >
    > > YET THERE IS NOTHING ON YOUR WEB SITE ABOUT OBs
    > > KNOWINGLY CLOSING BIRTH CANALS UP TO 30%!
    > >
    > > THEY DON'T CALL IT cephaloPELVIC disproportion for
    > > nothing!
    > >
    > > I wrote:

    > > list/message/2357
    > >
    > > Interspersions #####
    > >
    > > #### Brenda Copeland-Moore ("Erbs List") replied:
    > >
    > > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Erbs List"
    > > <[email protected]> To: <[email protected]> Sent:
    > > Wednesday, March 10, 2004 12:19 PM Subject: Mr. Gastaldo
    > >

    > > Dear Mr. Gastaldo,
    > >
    > > ##### Titular etiquette accident. Please see the
    > > ##### postscript.
    > >
    > > ##### Brenda continued...
    > >
    > > While I think your passion for preventing injuries to
    > > children is commendable,
    > >
    > > ##### Ah, you are euphemizing Brenda... With MDs
    > > ##### KNOWINGLY closing
    birth
    > > canals up to 30% these injuries to children constitute
    > > occasionally paralyzing occasionally fatal CHILD ABUSE.
    > >
    > > I think the way you go about asking for help is
    > > fundamentally lacking.
    > >
    > > ##### What is "fundamentally lacking" is law
    > > ##### enforcement/MD failure to
    > > investigate/stop OBVIOUS mass child abuse. (I am again
    > > cc'ing my old roommate at UCLA, now assistant DA Bill
    > > Hodgman; see below.)
    > >
    > > I don't think you should attack or slander people you
    > > are trying to get to assist in this endeavor.
    > >
    > > ##### I think if a slander is written it is called
    > > ##### libel. Truth cannot
    > be
    > > libel. Show me where I have libeled and I will retract
    > > immediately.
    > >
    > > I don't think you could possibly know what Dr. Nath, or
    > > any of the other people that you wrote about in your
    > > last e-mail are doing regarding the prevention of this
    > > injury.
    > >
    > > ##### MDs tell their lies quite publicly - i.e. - by
    > > ##### their own admission
    > > (indirectly) - they admit they are CAUSING the PELVIC
    > > part of the cephalopelvic disproportion thought to
    > > contribute to brachial plexus
    > injury!
    > >
    > > ##### Rahul K. Nath, MD remains SILENT...
    > >
    > > ##### Rahul (Dr. Nath) writes about LARGE SIZE babies
    > > ##### being a risk
    factor:

    > > "The majority of children with obstetric brachial plexus
    > > injuries have
    > risk
    > > factors for a difficult delivery such as large size, use
    > > of forceps or vacuum, and shoulder dystocia."
    > > http://www.drnathbrachialplexus.com/injury/children.asp
    > >
    > > ##### But Rahul (Dr. Nath) says NOTHING about MDs making
    > > ##### the pelvis
    > smaller!
    > >
    > > ##### NOTHING about MDs *keeping* the birth canal
    > > ##### closed with the
    > shoulders
    > > get stuck!
    > >
    > > ##### Why do you suppose he is SILENT on these very BPI-
    > > ##### relevant
    points,
    > > Brenda?
    > >
    > > I think calling anyone a child abuser would certainly
    > > fall under these lines.
    > >
    > > ##### It is OBVIOUS child abuse for MDs to KNOWINGLY
    > > ##### close birth canals
    up
    > > to 30%.
    > >
    > > ##### It is FAILURE TO REPORT child abuse for Rahul
    > > ##### Nath MD to mention
    > > LARGE BABIES and *fail* to mention to law enforcement
    > > that MDs are
    > knowingly
    > > closing birth canals! (Or maybe Rahul has reported it as
    > > child abuse and does not think parents need to know this
    > > fact?)
    > >
    > > ##### As I noted in my post...
    > >
    > > LEGALLY, CLOSING THE BIRTH CANAL SHOULD BE REPORTED AS
    > > CHILD ABUSE
    > >
    > > Since failure to report child abuse perpetuates child
    > > abuse....failure
    > > report child abuse is also a crime.
    > >
    > > Dr. Nath's silence constitutes child abuse.
    > >
    > > Dr. Nath does pediatric surgery so maybe that makes
    > > him a
    pediatrician...

    > > One pediatrician wrote in 1986:
    > >
    > > "What a terrible indictment...guilty of failing
    > > those for whom we have chosen to be advocates."
    > > [Finkel KC: The failure to report child abuse. AJDC,
    > > 1986;140:329-330]
    > >
    > > Yes - a terrible indictment - no prosecution yet - so
    > > the mass birth-canal-closing child abuse continues.
    > >
    > > I'll again cc my old roommate from UCLA, assistant DA
    > > Bill Hodgman and
    his
    > > boss LA County DA Steve Cooley via [email protected]
    > >
    > > #### Brenda, I'll cc this post too to my old roommate
    > > #### from UCLA
    assistant
    > > DA Bill Hodgman via [email protected]
    > >
    > > ##### Brenda continued...
    > >
    > > I think you are undermining your efforts in this end.
    > >
    > > ##### *Rahul* is undermining my efforts - by remaining
    > > ##### silent! And YOU
    > are
    > > undermining my efforts by suggesting that he isn't being
    > > silent!
    > >
    > > ##### As I noted in the post to which you object:
    > >
    > > TO MOTHERS OF BRACHIAL PLEXUS INJURED BABIES...
    > >
    > > Dr. Nath is a FINE BPI surgeon - probably the finest in
    > > America (see below)...
    > >
    > > ...but Dr. Nath should be informing you of the following
    > > - especially if
    > you
    > > are suing your OB...
    > >
    > > If you gave birth on your back or on your butt
    > > (dorsal or semisitting) the OB closed your birth
    > > canal up to 30%.
    > >
    > > If your baby experienced shoulder dystocia, it is
    > > possible - even
    > probable -
    > > that your OB KEPT your birth canal closed up to 30%
    > > **with more force**. See "the kicker"
    > below...
    > >
    > > FACT: Obstetricians are KNOWINGLY closing birth canals
    > > up to 30%.
    > >
    > > The simple CLOSING ("decreasing diameter") biomechanics
    > > are openly
    stated
    > by
    > > British National Health Service/NHS West Midlands
    > > Perinatal Institute/WMPI/Jason Gardosi, MD, Director who
    > > writes of the
    semirecumbent
    > > delivery position (semisitting):
    > >
    > > "...the weight of the mother is in part taken on the
    > > sacrum which is therefore pushed upwards, thus
    > > decreasing the antero-posterior diameter
    of
    > > the pelvic outlet..."
    > > http://www.wmpi.net/reviews/oe/oe_shoulder_dystocia.htm
    > >

    > > In ACOG's Shoulder Dystocia Drill video, American MDs
    > > purport to tell
    each
    > > other how to allow birth canals to open maximally when
    > > shoulders get
    > stuck -
    > > which means MDs know they are CLOSING birth canals most
    > > of the time.
    > >
    > > THE KICKER...
    > >
    > > ACOG's method of allowing the birth canal to open
    > > actually keeps it closed!

    > > list/message/2300
    > >
    > > #### END excerpt of Silent Dr. Nath: BPI malpractice
    > > #### suits as prevention
    > > http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-
    > > list/message/2357
    > >
    > > #### Rahul needs to TELL parents of paralyzed children
    > > #### that OBs are
    > > knowingly closing birth canals - esp. if those parents
    > > are suing their
    > OBs!
    > >
    > > #### For SOME odd reason Rahul is remaining SILENT -
    > > #### there is NOTHING
    > about
    > > OBs knowingly closing birth canals on his site. (Again,
    > > maybe Rahul has reported it as child abuse and does not
    > > think parents need to know this fact?)
    > >
    > > #### Brenda concluded...
    > >
    > > [You are] creating a fear for those who would possibly
    > > post to this listing, that they too would be attacked.
    > > Cordially, Brenda Copeland-Moore
    > >
    > > ##### Brenda, *MDs* are attacking ME online -
    > > ##### pretending that I'm not
    > > telling the truth.
    > >
    > > ##### MDs are PHYSICALLY attacking BABIES - sometimes
    > > ##### KILLING them.
    > >
    > > ##### REMEMBER: Even *necessary* medical care is a
    > > ##### battery if informed
    > > consent is not obtained. Parents are NOT being informed
    > > that MDs are closing birth canals - not even after they
    > > wind up with a paralyzed
    baby!

    > > #### Rahul remains SILENT. WHY does he mention LARGE
    > > #### SIZE baby as being
    > > risk factor without mentioning that MDs are knowingly
    > > closing birth
    > canals?
    > >
    > > #### Have you asked him? That's what I'm doing here.
    > > #### Rahul remains
    > > SILENT - babies be damned.
    > >
    > > #### This is NOT to say Rahul isn't a fine surgeon who
    > > #### has greatly
    > > benefitted many children. I am sure he has.
    > >
    > > #### Rahul is remaining silent about obvious mass child
    > > #### abuse even as
    he
    > > profits from it.
    > >
    > > #### It's patently illegal to remain silent about
    > > #### obvious mass child
    > abuse.
    > > (Again, maybe Rahul has reported it as child abuse and
    > > does not think parents need to know this fact?)
    > >
    > > #### Thanks for reading.
    > >
    > > #### Sincerely,
    > >
    > > #### Todd
    > >
    > > #### Dr. Gastaldo ([email protected])
    > >
    > > #### PS1 As I noted in my post:
    > >
    > > Rahul K. Nath, MD was PEER-NOMINATED as America's Top
    > > Doctor in
    Pediatric
    > > Brachial Plexus Management^^^
    > >
    > > ^^^Crown Connelly Publishers survey
    > > http://www.drnathbrachialplexus.com/surgeon/index.asp
    > >
    > > Dr. Nath says on his website:
    > >
    > > "25,000 lives per year are affected by Brachial Plexus
    > > [Injury]...Most
    > come
    > > to us for help." http://www.drnathbrachialplexus.com
    > >
    > > Dr. Nath could inform MANY obstetricians and patients!
    > >
    > > But Dr. Nath is silent.
    > >
    > > WHY?
    > >
    > > ##### Brenda, I'll copy *this* email to Dr. Nath
    [email protected]

    > > #### PS2 TITULAR ETIQUETTE ACCIDENT
    > >
    > > #### You referred to Rahul as "Dr." Nath and me as
    > > #### "Mr." Gastaldo.
    > >
    > > #### If titular etiquette is to be observed - please
    > > #### know that I prefer
    > the
    > > title I earned - Dr. Gastaldo.
    > >
    > > #### I earned my doctorate in chiropractic by taking
    > > #### the anatomy and
    > > physiology necessary to discover that MDs are *ignoring*
    > > anatomy and physiology - babies be damned.
    > >
    > > #### MDs are so brazen about ignoring anatomy and
    > > #### physiology that
    > America's
    > > most frequent surgical behavior toward males INSTANTLY
    > > went from "no
    > medical
    > > indication" to "effective public health measure" when in
    > > 1987 I pointed
    > out
    > > that MDs were still using phony "babies can't feel pain"
    > > neurology!
    > >
    > > See Sen. Frist, infant penis care, dead babies - and
    > > AHRQ 'in-hospital safety events' http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-
    > > list/message/2019
    > >
    > > #### One last note Brenda: If titular etiquette is NOT
    > > #### to be
    observed -
    > > please know that I like the name my mom and dad gave me
    > > - Todd. : )
    > >
    > > This post will be instantly archived for global access
    > > at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chiro-
    > > list/message/2359

    WHY MY BABY?

    I'll cc this to cathy pauley (cathyp777) the lady who posted
    the Schroeder/Rule 302 article and said "very very
    interesting"... [email protected]

    Dear Cathy: The "very very interesting" article you posted
    (see below) was about me allegedly slandering/libeling a
    LAWYER - yet your subject line was "...Don't Slander
    Doctors." (!)

    LOL!

    Your email address asks: whymybaby (?)

    You recently wrote: "mcroberts manuver. From what I read
    that is just pushing the legs up to the chest...This is what
    was done to me and it is listed on my hospital records as
    mcroberts." http://www.ubpn.org/messageboard/thread.jsp?for-
    um=17&thread=8693

    You may have been subjected both dorsal delivery and BAD
    McRoberts maneuver - the former closes the birth canal and
    the latter KEEPS the birth canal closed when the baby's
    shoulders get stuck.

    list/message/2300

    NOTE #1: GOOD McRoberts allows the birth canal to OPEN
    maximally.

    There are two forms of GOOD McRoberts - one of which was
    mentioned at the website posted on thread where you
    mentioned McRoberts. See
    http://www.wmpi.net/reviews/oe/oe_shoulder_dystocia.htm

    NOTE #2: At the very top of this same site: TRUTH:

    "[In] the prevailing delivery practice, with the mother in a
    semi-recumbent position on the delivery bed...the weight of
    the mother is in part taken on the sacrum which is therefore
    pushed upwards, thus decreasing the antero-posterior
    diameter of the pelvic outlet. Many of these cases require
    only a positional change, into left lateral, or kneeling,
    which frees the sacrum and allows lateral flexion."
    http://www.wmpi.net/reviews/oe/oe_shoulder_dystocia.htm

    Karleen Gribble wrote: "But neither of these pages list the
    involvement of interventions in labour or birth positions in
    shoulder dystocia both of which women have a lot of control
    over!!" http://www.ubpn.org/messageboard/thread.jsp?forum=1-
    7&thread=8693

    The wmpi page just cited seems to mention birth positions in
    shoulder dystocia...

    Thanks for reading everyone.

    Sincerely,

    Todd

    Dr. Gastaldo [email protected]

    This post will be instantly archived for global access at:

    Within 24 hours it will appear in the Google groups archive.
    Search http://groups.google.com for "Attorneys trolling bad
    births - GOOD...UBPN silence - BAD...