Why no Ti forks??

Mrbubl

Guest
Why are there no or very few Ti forks for road bikes? Is cost the issue or ride quality? How does
steel ride compared to Ti for a fork?

Morati is producing ti forks for road bikes Have a look at: http://www.morati.com/cz/Default.htm

"Bruce" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> heavier than carbon for similar stiffness.

and at a greater cost. You will not find or be able to sell an all ti fork for $200-250. Heck, find
a carbon fork with ti steerer tube - kestrel, serotta - now look at the price, ouch!

"mrbubl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Why are there no or very few Ti forks for road bikes? Is cost the issue or ride quality? How does
> steel ride compared to Ti for a fork?

Omega Cycleworks here in the UK make one - it sells for about £190 or so direct from the
framebuilder. Probably a little 'springier' than, say, a Reynolds 531 fork, so good for comfort, and
with reduced weight compared to steel. Heavier than a carbon fibre one, mind, but without the risk
of delamination, and can be repaired, should a bad crash occur.

David E. Belcher

Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

Yeah, I think OnOne sells a Ti MTB rigid fork for thier Ti bikes for about £250 here in the UK.

Just read a review of one in a recent MBR.