Why not just behave properly

I can agree that cyclists should be responsible/respectful when using the roads. It's not that difficult. But, I believe if you're going to make push for one group to be more responsible/respectful, some other groups need to be included, at least to make you seem less like a biased anti-cyclist just raving on. What about jaywalkers? What about drivers changing lanes without signalling? What about motorcyclists splitting lanes in traffic, or weaving in and out? Do you not feel that these groups are irresponsible/disrespectful/unsafe? Are cyclists just an easy target?

Well if your intent was to reach cyclists, you screwed that up when you named the blog "2 Wheels Bad." Further, the idea that you support responsible cycling is blown to smithereens by the attitude that pervades your every story/post. It's clear you can't tolerate cyclists. It's further clear that you don't address the improper actions of motorists or of your beloved pedestrians. Maybe you need to have your myopia addressed by an eye doctor. If you you were really interested in improvements in behavior, you'd address all groups. You are in no way different than the motorists with blogs that ***** about cyclists and pedestrians or the cyclists with blogs that ***** only about pedestrians and motorists. You see, there's plenty of blame to go around. Blame throwing like you're doing accomplishes absolutely nothing except to polarize the groups further and to increase tensions further. If you paid any attention what so ever and had even a small measure of objectivity, you'd see that actually the vast majority of motorists, cyclists, and pedestrians behave responsibly. I suspect, however, that the reality is something you're not interested in as it doesn't match your bias.

Reactions: steve
Originally Posted by alienator .

Well if your intent was to reach cyclists, you screwed that up when you named the blog "2 Wheels Bad." Further, the idea that you support responsible cycling is blown to smithereens by the attitude that pervades your every story/post. It's clear you can't tolerate cyclists. It's further clear that you don't address the improper actions of motorists or of your beloved pedestrians. Maybe you need to have your myopia addressed by an eye doctor.

If you you were really interested in improvements in behavior, you'd address all groups. You are in no way different than the motorists with blogs that ***** about cyclists and pedestrians or the cyclists with blogs that ***** only about pedestrians and motorists. You see, there's plenty of blame to go around. Blame throwing like you're doing accomplishes absolutely nothing except to polarize the groups further and to increase tensions further.

If you paid any attention what so ever and had even a small measure of objectivity, you'd see that actually the vast majority of motorists, cyclists, and pedestrians behave responsibly. I suspect, however, that the reality is something you're not interested in as it doesn't match your bias.
Amen

Has anybody heard the story about the woman who hit a cyclist, then bragged about it on twitter and got caught? Anyways I like what Alienator said about most drivers and cyclists being ok, I heard a saying one time that goes you cant let the bad apple ruin the whole bunch which is close to what alienator is saying.