Why not unicycle just for fun?

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by unitoon, May 6, 2006.

  1. unitoon

    unitoon Guest

    there are so many threads that tell you to unicycle for Christ,
    Paganism, and tons of other religions/religious elements. why not just
    unicycle for the sake of a good time?

    --
    unitoon

    > Unicycling -- the great gender equalizer. - Bmemike

    > I've always wondered what it would be like to beat someone to death with
    > a unicycle. Then again, I don't want to damage any of my unicycles. -
    > Unisteve

    unitoon's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12011

  2. Thank you very much. Isnt that a good idea.

    --
    skianduniaddict

    number1 under 15 skiier in the united states
    ski sugarloaf uni bradbury
    my cat bob ate four kids;)
    i regret the day i threw a snowball at randy johnson
    skianduniaddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11868

  3. skroboskim

    skroboskim Guest

  4. EvanWilson

    EvanWilson Guest

    skroboskim wrote:
    > i do that too, but i dedicate it to christ :)

    Isn't that like saying "I'm on a diet, but I eat whatever I want when I
    wan't, and don't exercise?"

    The point of this thread is to stop dragging religion, opinion, etc.
    into unicycling, and just unicycle.

    I have no problem with religious debate or conversation, or any of that
    stuff, but let's keep one out of the other.

    --
    EvanWilson
    EvanWilson's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11834

  5. Jim_Rob

    Jim_Rob Guest

    skroboskim wrote:
    > i do that too, but i dedicate it to christ :)

    Yo - I believe it was "chirst", and that was the other thread.

    I unicycle because it is a moving meditation that reminds me, in a deep
    kinesthetic way, that life is a balancing act. I try to take that
    lesson with me wherever I go.

    --
    Jim_Rob

    TTFN- JR

    The Sage claims nothing, and so cannot be reproached, Lao Tzu
    Jim_Rob's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3824

  6. unisteez

    unisteez Guest

  7. trials_uni

    trials_uni Guest

    why not just unicycle for the sake of unicycling...when you land your
    first unispin...is it cuz god propelled the uni a little faster, made
    you jump a little higher or gave you the confidence...or will it be
    because you dedicated time and effort into the trick?

    unicyling for anypurpose other than sport or fun is as unseful as this
    (thanks goes to "into the blue" for the reference)

    |Filename: bunny cakes.jpg |

    trials_uni

    TRIALS 4 LIFE !

    koebwil wrote:
    > I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
    > letters I don't want

    w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

  8. smeacterne

    smeacterne Guest

  9. Naomi

    Naomi Guest

    unitoon wrote:
    > there are so many threads that tell you to unicycle for Christ, ....?

    Yeah, let Christ do his own damn unicycling. Doesn't need any help
    from us. It's rumoured that the guy can unicycle on water.

    Nao

    --
    Naomi

    They may largely have abandoned religion, but the modern teenagers do
    not lack for Gods. The collection plates are just much bigger, and
    they get to pay in advance. (Naomi 2005)

    Every breath you take, every move you make... contributes towards
    global warming.
    Naomi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3322

  10. fexnix

    fexnix Guest

  11. kapoute

    kapoute Guest

  12. cathwood

    cathwood Guest

  13. olwyn

    olwyn Guest

    Iv'e been unicycling for about 4 months, I don't know why but i's
    addictive and sooo much fun, fun... ouch ...fun.. opps...hobble..
    hobble.. Fun.... I think I might be addicted to the one wheeled
    beast... is there a rehab somewhere?:D

    --
    olwyn

    Why does life steam passed so fast when your enjoying yourself?
    olwyn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12162

  14. olwyn

    olwyn Guest

    trials_uni wrote:
    > why not just unicycle for the sake of unicycling...when you land your
    > first unispin...is it cuz god propelled the uni a little faster, made
    > you jump a little higher or gave you the confidence...or will it be
    > because you dedicated time and effort into the trick?
    >
    > unicyling for anypurpose other than sport or fun is as unseful as this
    > (thanks goes to "into the blue" for the reference)

    For 'gods' sake why has that rabbit got pancakes on it's head for????
    oops sorry for 'goodness' sakes.. sorry for the religions over
    tones...:) sorry

    --
    olwyn

    Why does life steam passed so fast when your enjoying yourself?
    olwyn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12162

  15. x1psh1x

    x1psh1x Guest

  16. Mikefule

    Mikefule Guest

    I unicycle for fun. No other reason - except the fitness benefits, the
    image... but yes, just for fun.

    I also read and think for fun and personal improvement, and discuss
    philosophy and religion and related matters for fun and personal
    improvement.

    The unicycling I discuss in RSU. the other I discuss in JC. Problem?

    --
    Mikefule

    Let every man so *p*itch his song
    To help his neighbour sing along

  17. olwyn

    olwyn Guest

    x1psh1x wrote:
    > i unicycle because its the best thing thats ever been invented by
    > humans. i dedicate it to my self and anyone else who rides.

    Are you an addict too?
    What is about the prospect of really hurting yourself and then not, so
    mind bending engaging?

    --
    olwyn

    Why does life steam passed so fast when your enjoying yourself?
    olwyn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12162

  18. hurting yourself is part of the fun..

    |Filename: 07-05-06_1402.jpg |

    DustinMichels

    Been there, done that, went back for more.

    *'OWNER OF 63921' (http://tinyurl.com/pa7go) ::
    'GALLERY' (http://tinyurl.com/94j5k)*
    DustinMichels's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10289