Why not unicycle just for fun?

olwyn wrote:
> Are you an addict too?

I think addiction/obsession is one of the hazards of unicycling,
especially for those of us who are not so young as the others of us. It
takes so long to learn (speaking for myself) that you either become
addicted or wimp out.

Cathy

--
cathwood

Say no to unicycle genre discrimination! - MrBoogiejuice

http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk

DustinMichels wrote:
> hurting yourself is part of the fun..

Right i guess you're a pain addict then (nice feet by the way-what's
damage are you highlighting or are you just proud of your feet?), me
I'd rather cheat the pain :D
Please, someone the rabbit....pancakes, WHY? I feel I'm missing out on
some inside joke. :confused:

--
olwyn

Why does life steam passed so fast when your enjoying yourself?
olwyn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12162

olwyn wrote:
> Please, someone the rabbit....pancakes, WHY? I feel I'm missing out on
> some inside joke. :confused:

Yeah, what's the deal?

I -wish- I could unicycle for fun. I've become obsessed. It is the
curse that drives me. It is the persistant thorn in my side. It is the
cross I must bear (REALLY sorry about the religious reference here).
THIS IS FUN?? Arrrrgh. Why do you torment me so, oh unicycle? Why,
why? Must ride. :p ;)

--
underdog

'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody
tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut
underdog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6197

Into the blue wrote:
> Where's that picture of the rabbit with pancakes on its head when you
> need it?

cookies

--
skianduniaddict

number1 under 15 skiier in the united states
ski sugarloaf uni bradbury
my cat bob ate four kids;)
i regret the day i threw a snowball at randy johnson
skianduniaddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11868

x1psh1x wrote:
> i unicycle because its the best thing thats ever been invented by
> humans.

Actually to be fair it's one of the most moronic things ever invented
by humans... that is if you're looking at it from the point of view of
inventions progressing based on technololgical efficiency and the best
means of solving a problem.

Also for the record, it's not an invention, but rather something that
arose from the malfunction of an existing invention.

but it's fun anyways. :)

--
smeacterne
smeacterne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11895

I unicycle for the group hugs.

--
GILD

'three short gs and a long e-flat™'
(http://w3.rz-berlin.mpg.de/cmp/beethoven_sym5_1.wav) - 'world jump
day' (http://www.worldjumpday.org/)
'if i'm murdered, don't execute my killer.'
(http://www.inthesetimes.com/site/main/article/1539/)
'harper' (http://tinyurl.com/c9epx)
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://www.lyricsdir.com/d/deep-purple/child-in-time.php)

cathwood wrote:
> I unicycle because I find it so difficult, because it takes all my
> concentration and because it's the nearest thing to flying I've ever
> experienced.
>
> Cathy

Hi Cathy

Never tried flying ? Or skydiving / paragliding / cliff-diving /
fairground rides / falling out of a tree ...?

I take the ****-centric view on the existence of a higher "authority",
as expressed by Voltaire - God/Allah/Vishnu/The Soup Dragon was
invented by humanity for a valid reason, not because He/She/It exists,
but because He/She/It was needed at the time -

If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him.
Voltaire 1694-1778: Épîtres (1769)

... or to paraphrase:
If unicycles did not exist, it would be necessary to invent them.

Have fun, see you in Scarborough.
Chris

--
munidobs
munidobs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8790

munidobs wrote:
> Sweaty hugs !!

You live in a town named after a codified, 30-man, sweaty, group-hug.
You should know better than to compain?

--

samia wrote:
> If you want to know about the rabbit, look 'here'
> (http://www.syberpunk.com/cgi-bin/index.pl?page=oolong)
>
> I unicycle for fun and randomness!

Thank you for the link samia, I'm still a little :confused: It's gotta
be some sort of bunny abuse. Or is it like when you balance a choc drop
on a dogs nose, and it's only allowed to eat it when you say so? Now
that would be a picture, the bunny downing the pancakes in one. :)

--

GILD wrote:
> You live in a town named after a codified, 30-man, sweaty, group-hug.
> You should know better than to compain?

A point well made Gild :D however, I think you will find that the game
was named after the town :rolleyes:

Cyber sweaty-hugs

Chris

--

munidobs wrote:
> I think you will find that the game was named after the town

Ad thank goodness they named it after that particular town.
Can you imagine an Australian commentator trying to wrap his tongue
around Irthlingborough?

--

GILD wrote:
> Ad thank goodness they named it after that particular town.
> Can you imagine an Australian commentator trying to wrap his tongue
> around Irthlingborough?

Rugby match ads in SW France could be fun: we've got towns named Seix,
Condom, and Lombez (you've got to know french for the latest one) Seix
is too small to make the headlines(Auch does) but the other two have
pretty good teams. (in fact the last one teamed with a near-by town so
the official name of the team is "Lombez-Samatan" -which is even more
funny : roughly means "there is ***** around- that is waiting for me"-)

--
wobbling bear

One Wheel : bear necessity
wobbling bear's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3716

GILD wrote:
> Ad thank goodness they named it after that particular town.
> Can you imagine an Australian commentator trying to wrap his tongue
> around Irthlingborough?

Do they play rugby in Australia ????

Perhaps Over Wallop would have been a more appropriate name.:)

--

munidobs wrote:
> I think you will find that the game was named after the town :rolleyes:

Primarily because the townsfolk needed an excuse to have sweaty hugs I
suppose. :eek:

It’s funny but when I saw the title of this thread I thought it’d
interest you :D

--
unicus

'Photos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Photos-from-unicus)