Why Roadies Suck

Corvus Corvax

Guest
Landis hits rock bottom:

http://www.ireland.com/sports/other/2007/0518/1179498302490.html

The really sad thing is that there are a dozen threads on
rec.bicycles.racing attacking LEMOND over the incident. Good for you,
Greg. And shame an anybody who is still supporting a sleazebag like
Landis.

Instead of watching the Tour this summer, I think I'll just cancel my
cable and go ride my bike.

CC

On May 18, 9:25 am, Corvus Corvax <[email protected]> wrote:
> Landis hits rock bottom:
>
> http://www.ireland.com/sports/other/2007/0518/1179498302490.html
>
> The really sad thing is that there are a dozen threads on
> rec.bicycles.racing attacking LEMOND over the incident. Good for you,
> Greg. And shame an anybody who is still supporting a sleazebag like
> Landis.
>
> Instead of watching the Tour this summer, I think I'll just cancel my
> cable and go ride my bike.
>
> CC

Cable? You buy that ****? I'm disappointed in you.

Oh yeah, Landis can go pound Sandis. I hope LeMond's criminal charges
against the threat/intimidation work out for him.

JD

Corvus Corvax wrote:
> Landis hits rock bottom:
>
> http://www.ireland.com/sports/other/2007/0518/1179498302490.html
>
> The really sad thing is that there are a dozen threads on
> rec.bicycles.racing attacking LEMOND over the incident. Good for you,
> Greg. And shame an anybody who is still supporting a sleazebag like
> Landis.
>
> Instead of watching the Tour this summer, I think I'll just cancel my
> cable and go ride my bike.
>
> CC

What a mess. Very disappointing.

Matt (will be a roadie all day tomorrow)

On May 18, 4:11 pm, JD <[email protected]> wrote:

> Cable? You buy that ****? I'm disappointed in you.

Primarily for the internet connectivity. But you're right about the TV
part: I'm basically paying $50 a month to watch Mythbusters and
Battlestar Galactica. I used to like having it for the 24/7 news
networks, but I don't even watch any of those any more. CNN/FOX/MSNBC
are all total trash these days.

I don't think I've watched anything on network television in years.

CC

"Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On May 18, 4:11 pm, JD <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> Cable? You buy that ****? I'm disappointed in you.

> Primarily for the internet connectivity. But you're right about the TV
> part: I'm basically paying $50 a month to watch Mythbusters and
> Battlestar Galactica.

Same here but only The Office and 30 Rock for me. If I can get caught up on
Heroes maybe that next next season, too. Definitely no TdF for me this
year.

Greg
--
"What have you got in that paper bag?
Is it a dose of Vitamin C?

G.T. wrote:
> "Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On May 18, 4:11 pm, JD <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Cable? You buy that ****? I'm disappointed in you.

>> Primarily for the internet connectivity. But you're right about the TV
>> part: I'm basically paying $50 a month to watch Mythbusters and
>> Battlestar Galactica.

> Same here but only The Office and 30 Rock for me. If I can get caught up on
> Heroes maybe that next next season, too. Definitely no TdF for me this
> year.

I've been hooked on Heroes all season. Finale last night. The day is
saved, but a new bad guy is introduced for next season. Lots of loose
threads. Typical.
Really looks great in HD though. :)

Shawn

Shawn wrote:
> G.T. wrote:
>
>> "Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Primarily for the internet connectivity. But you're right about the TV
>>> part: I'm basically paying $50 a month to watch Mythbusters and
>>> Battlestar Galactica.

>> Same here but only The Office and 30 Rock for me. If I can get caught
>> up on Heroes maybe that next next season, too. Definitely no TdF for
>> me this year.

> I've been hooked on Heroes all season. Finale last night. The day is
> saved, but a new bad guy is introduced for next season. Lots of loose
> threads. Typical.
> Really looks great in HD though. :)
>

> Shawn

Yeah, me too. (hangs head in shame)
I also like The Office and 30 Rock. This is the most prime time I've
watched in years. I watch it all on DVR (DishNetwork) so I get to skip
all the ads. I can't watch anything in real time anymore.
I also second the Mythbusters recommendation. The new season is off to a
good start. Man, that ninja episode had me in stitches for the whole show.
I also like the RAVE channel with all that good music. Later with Jools
Holland is great. Austin City Limits and Soundstage are still good too.
MrsB likes the Food network cooking shows and that works out well for me
too (eating).
Oh, and the boy likes his Arthur (Not the drunken Dudley Moore, the
cartoon on PBS - he also can't tolerate ads, which I think is great).

Matt (maybe I am a couch potato after all)