Why should only Americans vote in the US Elections?

Discussion in 'Your Bloody Soap Box' started by MountainPro, Sep 21, 2004.

1. MountainPro

MountainPro New Member

Okay, i know, its democracy, but i am from the UK and i am praying the G. Dubyah Bush does not get back into office. The current elections in the US and the subsequent 'winner' has an effect over the entire world. Because Bush won last time, my country (UK) went to war. Some of my friends went to fight in a war that had nothing to do with them, my govt spent millions on the war effort and our boys are dying all the time in a foriegn land in a foreign war that has nothing to do with us.

If Bush gets in will our boys be forced into Korea or Iran.

I would like a say in order to keep this baffoon out of politics, never mind the Presidents chair.

I love the american people...but for the love of God, think what your actions are leading to.

On a serious note, when people such as the US president (or anyone who weilds such power) are up for election. The world should be able to vote if the person insists upon such an aggressive international policy. Its plain dictatorship Jim, but not as we know it.

It would be fine if the man kept his affairs inside the US but that is rarely the case. He thinks and acts as if he is president of the world.

Tags:

2. Bikerman2004

Bikerman2004 New Member

Only if we Americans can vote in your elections.

3. zapper

zapper Banned

Why don't YOU vote in YOUR own elections and VOTE the people out of office that in YOUR opinion are doing OUR presidents bidding??

4. MountainPro

MountainPro New Member

okay, its a deal!

5. MountainPro

MountainPro New Member

nah, sod that...i want to vote in your elections....anyway i've tried voting in my elections, it doesnt work.

6. Bikerman2004

Bikerman2004 New Member

I guess you're comfortable with 250 million Americans putting 'our' person in office to run your country.

7. Weisse Luft

Weisse Luft New Member

If you want to vote, BECOME A CITIZEN.

Life is hard. Life is harder when you are dumb. With these sage words of Marion Morrison (John Wayne), you should be able to find a way out of fighting for some country you know nothing about.

8. Weisse Luft

Weisse Luft New Member

Can you understand faulty cause and effect? "because Bush was elected, my country went to war" is an example.

No, it was "because the UN could not enforce sanctions and because the corruption of the UN with regard to said sanctions funded terrorists that killed 3000 innocents on September 11, 2001, my country was asked to go to war and my PM agreed".

9. MountainPro

MountainPro New Member

faulty cause and effect? would that be the same cause and effect that resulted in the US and her allies going to war with Iraq because of the events on 9/11?

10. Weisse Luft

Weisse Luft New Member

Osama bin Laden was without wealth after being banished from the Kingdom od Saudi Arabia in 1995. His funds were depleted after the African Bombings of 1998 and he could only continue with funds provided by external sources. Its IMPOSSIBLE for bin Laden to have financed the 9-11 terror campaign without assistance.

Documents now show fund transfers associated with corruption of the UN "Oil for Food" program to Afghanistan after 1997. These funds were directly from Hussein.

Of course the UN has sealed these documents and investigation is very difficult.

11. zapper

zapper Banned

Then I suggest you either become a citizen or run for office...

12. lokstah

lokstah New Member

In case anyone's forgotten that not only liberals engage in the conspiracy theory runaround.

13. Weisse Luft

Weisse Luft New Member

Which brings us to back to terrorist ties, and Perelman's story of June 20, 2003, for which the reporting checks out. In brief (hang on for the ride): One link ran from a U.N.-approved buyer of Saddam's oil, Galp International Trading Corp., involved near the very start of the program, to a shell company called ASAT Trust in Liechtenstein, linked to a bank in the Bahamas, Bank Al Taqwa. Both ASAT Trust and Bank Al Taqwa were designated on the U.N.'s own terror-watch list, shortly after 9/11, as entities "belonging to or affiliated with Al Qaeda." This Liechtenstein trust and Bahamian bank were linked to two closely connected terrorist financiers, Youssef Nada and Idris Ahmed Nasreddin — both of whom were described in 2002 by Treasury as "part of an extensive financial network providing support to Al Qaeda and other terrorist related organizations," and both of whom appear on the U.N.'s list of individuals belonging to or affiliated with al Qaeda.

The other tie between Oil-for-Food and al Qaeda, noted by Perelman, ran through another of Saddam's handpicked, Oil-for-Food oil buyers, Swiss-based Delta Services — which bought oil from Saddam in 2000 and 2001, at the height of Saddam's scam for grafting money out of Oil-for-Food by way of under-priced oil contracts. Now shut down, Delta Services was a subsidiary of a Saudi Arabian firm, Delta Oil, which had close ties to the Taliban during Osama bin Laden's heyday in Afghanistan in the late 1990s. In discussions of graft via Oil-for-Food, it has been assumed that the windfall profits were largely kicked back to Saddam, or perhaps used to sway prominent politicians and buy commercial lobbying clout. But that begs further inquiry. There was every opportunity here for Saddam not solely to pocket the plunder, but to send it along to whomever he chose — once he had tapped into the appropriate networks.

Are there other terrorist links? Did Saddam actually send money for terrorist uses through those named by the Forward? Given the more than $100 billion that coursed through Oil-for-Food, it would seem a very good idea to at least try to find out. And while there has been great interest so far in the stunning sums of money involved in this fraud, there has been rather less focus on the potential terrorist connections. While Treasury has been ransacking the planet for Saddam's plunder, there is, as far as I have been able to discover, no investigation so far in motion, or even in the making, focused specifically on terrorist ties in those U.N. lists of Saddam's favored partners.

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/rosett200404182336.asp

14. MattLarson

MattLarson New Member

How does it feel to want things?

You wanna vote in the U.S. elections, move here and become a citizen. Otherwise, forget it.

Matt

15. lokstah

lokstah New Member

This might be a silly thread topic, but I can sympathize. There's got to be an inherent frustration in witnessing, and being subject to the influence of, a globally-reaching government you have little or minimal influence on in return. That's a valid greivance.

Don't think there's anything can be done though, chap.

16. Jakebrake

Jakebrake New Member

No need to sound so discouraged. I would hazzard a guess that thousands of illegal aliens vote in our elections. Hell, dead people vote here, so anything is possible. I'm sure there is some Democrat hack abroad who would only be delighted to register you so you could cast an absentee ballot.

17. lokstah

lokstah New Member

It's software, actually. If you can't find DemDonkey 2.4, no worries; CrusdaderHack v.2004, the GOP favored version, is already in wide distribution.

:cool:

18. Jakebrake

Jakebrake New Member

Yes, if MountainPro had mentioned that he was eager to see President Bush re-elected instead of stating his preference for the presumptive Democrat presidential nominee I would have suggested where to locate the nearest Republican plodder in order to receive his ballot.

19. lokstah

lokstah New Member

I'll find the DemDonkey and CrusaderHack download links and post them, shortly. They're both based in New Mexico, oddly enough.

20. jmat

jmat New Member

“its democracy”

Correction: The United States is a constitutional republic with strong democratic values. We were originally formed as a union of states with a common Constitution that provides certain protections against government encroachment into our lives. It provided a very limited (read: not powerful) federal Congress that dealt with interstate commerce and state disputes. Eventually, after the union won the civil war, all the democrats (*old) were banned/kicked from office and republicans from the North entered the South, and with the aid of the Union army’s occupation, ruled the South. This is where our strong federal system comes from. It was at this time that the social contract previously between the citizenry and states was more or less changed to a federal government / citizenry relationship. In this sense we moved closer to a direct democracy. However, states still remain as managers of local and regional affairs with the permission and money of the federal government.

So, technically, there is a social contract between the *citizens* of the United States of America and the government (that is the politicians and civil servants that are entrusted with serving the citizenry). Moreover, in more practical terms, US citizens pay taxes, constitute the government and civil service apparatus, receive all services rendered by the government, and are therefore directly affected by the functioning of the said government. It’s the citizenry’s money in effect, and the citizenry’s rights at stake – not those of people from different parts of the world that are not citizens.

Clearly, the United States projects power through military force, political establishment, and financial dealings throughout the world so as to maximize the benefit to *its* citizens (those who it is compelled by ‘contract’ to serve). This is the aim of all nation-states. To maximize self-interest. In the case of a democracy of some sort (like our representative democracy), the government seeks to maximize the interest of the government and the citizenry. However, in other states (specifically communist dictatorships, various totalitarian dictatorships etc) the states serve the political class or ruling elite.

So, in summation, those who vote for the President of the United States (or any Congressional / local government position, mayor whatever) must be citizens of that region so as to assure sovereignty and the rule of the people (*that is, not the rule of those outside the political entity). It is self-determination, you have to right to vote here because you do not live here, you do not pay taxes here, you did not grow up here, your children will not grow up here and you will not have any conception of what is truly best for the citizenry of this nation!

You may seek to redress any grievances you have with your own government (provided it is democratic in nature) , or if it is despotic, overthrow the government and then have your grievances heard. It is up to your nation to safeguard and project its own self-interest. And it is only through the advantage (mutual or otherwise) that other nations may seek to work in concert with you and in achieving your goals. (note: this applies mostly to trade, projection of military power, protection of natural recourses, ideological similarities etc etc)

So vote in your own goddamn country!