Why should only Americans vote in the US Elections?

Weisse Luft said:
If you want to vote, BECOME A CITIZEN.
Weisse Luft said:
Life is hard. Life is harder when you are dumb. With these sage words of Marion Morrison (John Wayne), you should be able to find a way out of fighting for some country you know nothing about.

zapper said:
Then I suggest you either become a citizen or run for office...

MattLarson said:
How does it feel to want things?
MattLarson said:
You wanna vote in the U.S. elections, move here and become a citizen. Otherwise, forget it.

Matt

IT WAS A JOKE!...lighten up...the US election is a gawd awful situation

okay, i'm maybe just a little bit serious.

MountainPro said:
Okay, i know, its democracy, but i am from the UK and i am praying the G. Dubyah Bush does not get back into office. The current elections in the US and the subsequent 'winner' has an effect over the entire world. Because Bush won last time, my country (UK) went to war. Some of my friends went to fight in a war that had nothing to do with them, my govt spent millions on the war effort and our boys are dying all the time in a foriegn land in a foreign war that has nothing to do with us.

If Bush gets in will our boys be forced into Korea or Iran.

I would like a say in order to keep this baffoon out of politics, never mind the Presidents chair.

I love the american people...but for the love of God, think what your actions are leading to.

On a serious note, when people such as the US president (or anyone who weilds such power) are up for election. The world should be able to vote if the person insists upon such an aggressive international policy. Its plain dictatorship Jim, but not as we know it.

It would be fine if the man kept his affairs inside the US but that is rarely the case. He thinks and acts as if he is president of the world.
What about england, look at what they did all over the world :mad: ,england lost any say in what USA did when they kicked your ass out of there. what if they wanted to vote for your PM. you would be the first one complaneing .if it was not for USA you would be under nazi control or japan. wake up some time to get freedom you have to figth. i am australian and i can't waite untill we are a republic:p or may be you would be more happy living under muslim law let hope for you sisters and daughers sake you don't have a vote in england:cool:

wanderer390000 said:
What about england, look at what they did all over the world :mad: ,england lost any say in what USA did when they kicked your ass out of there. what if they wanted to vote for your PM. you would be the first one complaneing .if it was not for USA you would be under nazi control or japan. wake up some time to get freedom you have to figth. i am australian and i can't waite untill we are a republic:p or may be you would be more happy living under muslim law let hope for you sisters and daughers sake you don't have a vote in england:cool:
what utter shite..

very few aussies want to be a replublic, they love us and wouldnt survive without us. You're in for a long wait my friend.

PS. quick geography lesson...England is not Scotland. Perhaps you are referring to the British Empire, its very hard to tell.

MountainPro said:
what utter shite..

very few aussies want to be a replublic, they love us and wouldnt survive without us. You're in for a long wait my friend.

PS. quick geography lesson...England is not Scotland. Perhaps you are referring to the British Empire, its very hard to tell.
Yeah i was talking about the British Empire, as for loving you yeah rigth we would be one now only most of us wanted to vote for our leader like the USA
Scotland was just another county you took over, along with lots of others :cool:
i see you did not say a WORD about the USA coming to your defenve in the second world war????? are you ashameeeeeeeee

GOD BLESS USA:)

wanderer390000 said:
Scotland was just another county you took over, along with lots of others :cool:
no, seriously though, you really really need to go back to school.

wanderer390000 said:
i see you did not say a WORD about the USA coming to your defenve in the second world war????? are you ashameeeeeeeee

GOD BLESS USA:)
No, I am not ashameeeee, I dont think anyone in Great Britian can be ashamed of thier contribution in WW1 and WW2.

what point are you trying to make?

MountainPro said:
Enjoying your taste of noisy American nationalism? I think you've gravely insulted the less rational conservatives in our midst. This guy'll calm down once he's barked enough about freedom.

lokstah said:
Enjoying your taste of noisy American nationalism? I think you've gravely insulted the less rational conservatives in our midst. This guy'll calm down once he's barked enough about freedom.
Turn your speaker volume down if you don't like it... :D

zapper said:
Turn your speaker volume down if you don't like it... :D
If I simply couldn't stand the lowest caliber conservatives (not reasonably thought-capable blokes like you and Jake, of course), I wouldn't hang out here. I'm sure the same goes for you and wildman libs, no?

MountainPro said:

No, I am not ashameeeee, I dont think anyone in Great Britian can be ashamed of thier contribution in WW1 and WW2.

i think he's confusing you with france ;)

lokstah said:
If I simply couldn't stand the lowest caliber conservatives (not reasonably thought-capable blokes like you and Jake, of course), I wouldn't hang out here. I'm sure the same goes for you and wildman libs, no?
Lok, although I'll probably hate myself for this...As far as libs go, I find you to be one of the least offensive...I can't guarantee that all my thoughts are reasonable(according to some definitions)I can only say that I truly believe what I say and I am not ashamed of it..Perhaps, thats what I appreciate about you...You may be damn wrong all the time but at least you admit that you are what you are... ;)

zapper said:
Lok, although I'll probably hate myself for this...As far as libs go, I find you to be one of the least offensive...I can't guarantee that all my thoughts are reasonable(according to some definitions)I can only say that I truly believe what I say and I am not ashamed of it..Perhaps, thats what I appreciate about you...You may be damn wrong all the time but at least you admit that you are what you are... ;)
You're, uh, wrong all the time too, and that's why I... uh... like you, Zapper. And we can both like you. Don't hate yourself. Leave that to my alter-ego, GanjaMan.

lokstah said:
You're, uh, wrong all the time too, and that's why I... uh... like you, Zapper. And we can both like you. Don't hate yourself. Leave that to my alter-ego, GanjaMan.
Yeah...duh...

MountainPro said:

My point is with out the USA you would be speaking german:eek: you say the USA is trying to run the world but did not england try this:eek: now you are getting people who you used to control taking over your country:p may be you should have giving them the rigth to vote in you elce when you used to be a world power :) may be they would have had more brains:eek: :eek:
Another point is if the USA came and help you in the 2 world war why not help them now to make sure we do not lose this war:eek: omg sorry i could not type slower for you:p

wanderer390000 said:
My point is with out the USA you would be speaking german:eek: you say the USA is trying to run the world but did not england try this:eek: now you are getting people who you used to control taking over your country:p may be you should have giving them the rigth to vote in you elce when you used to be a world power :) may be they would have had more brains:eek: :eek:
Another point is if the USA came and help you in the 2 world war why not help them now to make sure we do not lose this war:eek: omg sorry i could not type slower for you:p
The old neener-neener, you guys failed at world-domination first, my grandpa saved your grandpa's ass, you stink quad-threat argument, MountianPro. Hurts, doesn't it?

Ouch, that hurts..

you say that America came to help us, you dont undertsand the situation, this was a WORLD war. It was not a war between Britain and Germany. We stepped in to try and halt the haulocaust when everyone else sat by and watched. Are we ashamed of that? No. The German armies were massive and well equipped. We were just a small country. Our allies, the Americans joined when it looked like we were being overwhelmed. Are we shamed of that? No. We helped out America in other wars since. Thats what allies do.

Half of Europe would be speaking German if the Americans had not intervened. Not a single intellegent American nor British believes this is true. It is used only as jocular vehicle for friendly banter between two old war heros compaing scars. It isnt serious and if you think it is then perhaps you should consider that the whole of the USA speaks English because of its British colonial past.

is there any chance we could return to the original topic?

MountainPro said:
is there any chance we could return to the original topic?
Why yes there is...I thought we solved the mystery already...You can't vote unless you are a citizen..Sorry, you are the weakest link...Goodbye :D

cus were the ones that pay the taxes to support this damned infernal government of ours of which supports many others. actually according you type of logic we americans should have rule over all that we give charity.

See? I told you not to be discouraged. :)

U.S. citizens who go to the polls Nov. 2 to decide local, state and national elections are likely to get more help from noncitizens this year than ever before.
Beyond requiring applicants to sign a pledge on voter-registration forms affirming that they are U.S. citizens, there is no way to prevent the nation's estimated 8 million to 12 million illegal aliens from casting ballots in November, area elections officials said.
Locally, only Virginia requires voters to provide their Social Security numbers, but the state does not require voters to show their Social Security cards.
"There is no way of checking," said Maryland State Board of Elections Administrator Linda H. Lamone. "We have no way of doing that. We have no access to any information about who is in the United States legally or otherwise."
Nationally, immigration experts said it is likely that illegal immigrants vote, but that only a small percentage does so.
"Evidence suggests very few illegal aliens vote, but it's certainly not zero," said Steven Camarota, director of research at the D.C.-based Center for Immigration Studies. "Illegal aliens don't come to America to vote, and would generally try to avoid doing so."
Today, there are roughly 8 million illegal aliens in the United States who are of voting age, he said.
Mr. Camarota said more legal immigrants who are not citizens might be voting illegally.
"The whole system isn't well-guarded," he said. "There's no system in place to really prevent illegal aliens from voting or even to deter them from voting."
Six Maryland municipalities — Chevy Chase, Takoma Park, Garrett Park, Barnesville, Martin's Additions and Somerset — allow noncitizens to vote only in local elections. However, in state and national elections, voters must meet the state standards for voter registration.
Given the predicted close election this year and the 2000 election that was decided by a small number of votes, Mr. Camarota said even the few aliens who do vote could make a difference in the results.
Only first-time voters are required to provide photo identification in Virginia and the District. No jurisdiction requires voters to show proof of citizenship at the polls.
No federal agency keeps records of which undocumented immigrants are in the country, Mrs. Lamone said.
Maryland does ensure, through an extensive process of cross-database checks and balances, that there are no deceased persons or felons on its voter rolls.
Barbara Cockrell, assistant secretary of the Virginia State Board of Elections, said the state has a computerized voter-registration system that uses Social Security numbers as unique identifiers. The state constitution requires that voters provide their numbers, which she said are kept private.
Miss Cockrell said asking on the registration forms whether applicants are citizens provides the needed safeguards.
"They take an oath under penalty of perjury," she said. "After the first time, we don't ask them to bring ID."
Bill O'Field, a spokesman for the D.C. Board of Elections and Ethics, said the penalty for lying on the voter-registration form is a maximum five-year prison sentence or a $10,000 fine.
Other than for first-time voters who registered by mail, "there's no checking of ID," he said.
Dan Stein, president of the D.C.-based Federation for American Immigration Reform, said relaxed voting regulations and the ability to register to vote through the Department of Motor Vehicles allows illegal immigrants to get a form of legitimate identification.
"There are huge fraud problems out there," he said. "There's no safeguards on it."
He also said those groups pushing voter-registration efforts this year don't check to see if registrants are citizens. This flaw has the potential to "corrupt" the political system, he said.
"Aliens have already shown they are willing to break U.S. law to come here. Why should we expect them to not vote?" Mr. Stein asked. "In a system where virtually no effort is made to ensure integrity, we'd be naive to say it isn't going on. You only need one vote to swing an election."
Peter Rubin, professor of law at Georgetown University Law Center, said many groups are "interested in suppressing the votes of minorities and using illegal tactics as a way of scaring people from coming out to the polls."
"That has happened in many elections," he said. "These tactics are real, continue to be used, and are underreported. It should be of concern to everyone, especially now, when everyone's vote matters."

MERTON said:
actually according you type of logic we americans should have rule over all that we give charity.
you already do, I mean its not as if your 'charity', despite its absolute definition, is unconditional.