Why so much? - Fuji Pro w/ Daytona $2195

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by John Hurrell, Mar 28, 2003.

  1. John Hurrell

    John Hurrell Guest

    I was checking out: http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/02fuji/fuji_professional.htm

    and cannot fathom why this bike is so expensive at $2195. Campagnolo's Daytona was renamed Centaur
    which sells for around $650. You can't even tell me that the frame and everything else are worth the
    difference.

    I can't find any other shops selling the bike so it's tough to compare what the going rate is. I
    could understand that price if it was Campy Chorus or Record but Centaur?

    Anyone have this bike or know anything about it?

    --
    John Hurrell

    Remove obvious to reply via email.

    Tags:

  2. Grenouil

    Grenouil Guest

    "John Hurrell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I was checking out:

    http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/02fuji/fuji_professional .htm

    > and cannot fathom why this bike is so expensive at $2195.
    Campagnolo's
    > Daytona was renamed Centaur which sells for around $650.
    You can't even
    > tell me that the frame and everything else are worth the
    difference.

    > I can't find any other shops selling the bike so it's
    tough to compare what
    > the going rate is. I could understand that price if it was
    Campy Chorus or
    > Record but Centaur?
    >
    > Anyone have this bike or know anything about it?
    >
    > --
    > John Hurrell
    >
    > Remove obvious to reply via email.

    Check the Fuji web site at http://www.fujibikes.com/road/ - the 2003 Professional is DuraAce
    components, suggested retail $2,399.

    You might want to e-mail BikesDirect and ask if there's a mistake....