why toe spikes are great on mtb shoes

mtbikesuperstar

Nov 17, 2004
i feel that toe spikes should be manditory on all cycling shoes for this reason, I was riding in downtown marquette michigan when some jackass came within 6 inches of hitting me, Then the ******* has the nerve to flip me off and curse at me for about a good half a mile saying that i was in his way as he was turning left on the road, then he told me that cyclists belong on the side walk, now everthing else i can take with stride, but grouping cyclists with pedistrians is simply a sin. so i did the most logical thing i though of at the time, i clipped out and i kicked in the quarter panel leaving two rather large and deep toe spike marks on the side of his car, leaving me very proud, so i did the logical thing and rode away very quickly in the opposite direction that the car was going, using ironically the sidewalk as an escape route. So i emplore you, enquire the rest of the cycling community with any commuting horror stories, and teach stupid drivers that cyclists are a group not to **** around with!!!!

Great idea. NOT! Do this more than once and the drivers will be mowing us down with baseball bats.

mtbikesuperstar said:
i feel that toe spikes should be manditory on all cycling shoes for this reason, I was riding in downtown marquette michigan when some jackass came within 6 inches of hitting me, Then the ******* has the nerve to flip me off and curse at me for about a good half a mile saying that i was in his way as he was turning left on the road, then he told me that cyclists belong on the side walk, now everthing else i can take with stride, but grouping cyclists with pedistrians is simply a sin. so i did the most logical thing i though of at the time, i clipped out and i kicked in the quarter panel leaving two rather large and deep toe spike marks on the side of his car, leaving me very proud, so i did the logical thing and rode away very quickly in the opposite direction that the car was going, using ironically the sidewalk as an escape route. So i emplore you, enquire the rest of the cycling community with any commuting horror stories, and teach stupid drivers that cyclists are a group not to **** around with!!!!
I think that you should be not at all in this area of cyclingforums for your reactive vehemence in an isolated incident. You are obviously ignorant to life on the road. Horror stories are common day currency. BTW 'emplore' should be 'implore'. Please leave the site and transfer it to the patsy one in the cycling cafe, cos we don't care. Dear oh dear, it is quite obvious you are the hooligan King of the Turds.

Since the OP is from Wisconsin, I dredge this quote from the movies...

"Awwww, Bartleby..., was Wisconsin really that bad?"

FredC said:
I think that you should be not at all in this area of cyclingforums for your reactive vehemence in an isolated incident. You are obviously ignorant to life on the road. Horror stories are common day currency. BTW 'emplore' should be 'implore'. Please leave the site and transfer it to the patsy one in the cycling cafe, cos we don't care. Dear oh dear, it is quite obvious you are the hooligan King of the Turds.
fred, you are an angry person, you need to relax a little, life on the road, well see i dont own a car, so i ride my single speed every where, ive done this for the latter part of three years and this is the first incident of this kind. i am simply sharing my story, as stupid as it may be

Weisse Luft said:
Since the OP is from Wisconsin, I dredge this quote from the movies...

"Awwww, Bartleby..., was Wisconsin really that bad?"
The best way of dealing with this is to wave nicely. sort of saying Hello, this disarming tactic makes them your potential users of the road in harmony. If all all else fails, ride three abreast, they get the hang of it after half a mile. They can't kill you you know. Otherwise they are in big trouble. 55 years on the road.

mtbikesuperstar said:
fred, you are an angry person, you need to relax a little, life on the road, well see i dont own a car, so i ride my single speed every where, ive done this for the latter part of three years and this is the first incident of this kind. i am simply sharing my story, as stupid as it may be
Look here, I don't know who you are, or even how old you are. My last escapade under another ID in cycling forums was that that I was inundated by 'bike riders?' asking ridiculous questions as how they work there way up to be a Euro-prof. I gave it up because this thing was pinging all night. Right so,if you want to ride a bike, tell me how old you are, are you in a club, how many miles etc. Then we might get somewhere. We don't do ignorant car drivers here. Bike racings our business.

FredC said:
Look here, I don't know who you are, or even how old you are. My last escapade under another ID in cycling forums was that that I was inundated by 'bike riders?' asking ridiculous questions as how they work there way up to be a Euro-prof. I gave it up because this thing was pinging all night. Right so,if you want to ride a bike, tell me how old you are, are you in a club, how many miles etc. Then we might get somewhere. We don't do ignorant car drivers here. Bike racings our business.
again with the bitterness, i dont know who you are or hold old you are also, but if you are in cycling for the pure sport of racing then you are missing out on a whole shitload of other things that makes riding bikes great, i can only hope that i am not the only person in these forums that doesnt race a bike. I ride bikes because they are a part of my soul, not just another means to get around town. if you go by mileage, i ride about 200 miles a week, which to some people may not be a lot, but i enjoy every second of them, every mile i have a smile on my face. In terms of age, im 21 yrs young, again to you im a probably a punk kid, to you i say go **** a brick. i told a story, i didnt ask a question, i didnt post something completely mindless or retarded. so if you sick of those things, post your ignorant comments to those that apply. what pisses me off the most is this, i didnt attack or offend you in any way shape or form, but for some reason you feel the neccessary urge to do this to others, you want to annoy and **** people off, become a telemarketor.

200 miles per week is actually quite a lot if you are talking about mtb and mostly off road. I do about half that and i sure as hell dont race. I am too old and dont have the training time. I get on the trainer twice a week and its a pain in the ****, a total chore. I pnly get about 3-4 hours on a sunday and 2 hours on a saturday to get out on the bike. I dont get in from work till 9pm most days and i leave the house at 7am.

As for cars, i love my car, couldnt live without it. I am not a boy racer, but i am saving up for a nice new EvoVIII. The wife says she'll put the downpayment on it for me after crimbo. 2 litre turbo saloon, 4wd, 310bhp. Yummy. Colin Mcrae watch out.

as for kicking cars, i prefer giving the middle finger salute.