why vino will not win le tour...etc.

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Swj, Jul 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swj

Swj Guest

simply, the chances of him gaining enough time between now and final TT to hold off both LA and JU
    is minimal. and somehow i doubt LA will lose over 90 secs to JU this time around. so that should put
    vino 2 min+ back in the ITT.

tomorrow should be an epic duel, how cool would a repeat of the likes of lemond and hinault, circa
    1986, riding arm in arm to the top of Huez 5 minutes ahead of the field be ? mind you, substitute in
    Jan and Lance.

what a great tour.

shawn

Tags:

2. "swj" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > simply, the chances of him gaining enough time between now and final TT to hold off both LA and JU
    > is minimal. and somehow i doubt LA will lose over 90 secs to JU this time around. so that should
    > put vino 2 min+ back in
    the
    > ITT.
    >
    > tomorrow should be an epic duel, how cool would a repeat of the likes of lemond and hinault, circa
    > 1986, riding arm in arm to the top of Huez 5 minutes ahead of the field be ? mind you, substitute
    > in Jan and Lance.

Not analogous - Hinault and Lemond were on the same team - Hinault was probably riding at the limit,
    but could not attack.

Tommorrow has the promise of being much better than that. 3 riders and their teams in a proverbial
    war, not 2 teamates parading (albeit at their limit).

3. Swj

Swj Guest

just the idea of it, regardless of the specifics that you so carefully pointed out, sounded
    cool...regardless, i much prefer today's result to the arm-in-arm business. its a 2 man race now
    ladies and gents, allez lance ! shawn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.