Why was Sylvian Chavanel drinking during the Prologue TT????

Doctor.House

Jun 14, 2007
Is the Tour de Farce and important marketing event for French TV?

Do results matter? Is Cofidis a real team?

Why was the 'future of French cycling' drinking from a water bottle during the Prologue TT, a 9 minute effort? And why did he thow the bottle onto the course for another rider to crash into? Wassap with that Fred move?

Was Chavanel thirsty or did he need more methanol boost? Or did I invent this queer act as I did ubiquitous doping?

He finished 19th despite his cavalier attitude. Perhaps he might have won the prologue had he been more serious?

And why was Pedro Delgado 2.5 minutes late for his 1989 Prologue start?? Delgado was the strongest rider in 1989--not Lemond, not Fignon. Was it a payback for his doping positive in 1988?

The TDF is full of much unprofessional and bizarre action. (TUEs, motorpacing, doping exemptions, 'gifts', bought/sold stages, ASO remote comntrols, drinking in prologue TTs)

Made-for-TV events never get reasonable explanations out of Bob Roll or Phil Liggett. Only the preprinted Nike scripts.

You seriously should look into hosting one of those 'Revealed: UFOs have landed on Earth.' shows. You would be a real hit.

'Robbie McEwen came to the front of the peleton today some 100kms from home as they rode through an obscure Belgian town. Was he merely waving to people he knew in the crowd or was he giving secret signals to his dope doctor? We may never know....'

Cue scary music.

Doctor.House said:
Is the Tour de Farce and important marketing event for French TV?

Do results matter? Is Cofidis a real team?

Why was the 'future of French cycling' drinking from a water bottle during the Prologue TT, a 9 minute effort? And why did he thow the bottle onto the course for another rider to crash into? Wassap with that Fred move?

Was Chavanel thirsty or did he need more methanol boost? Or did I invent this queer act as I did ubiquitous doping?

He finished 19th despite his cavalier attitude. Perhaps he might have won the prologue had he been more serious?

And why was Pedro Delgado 2.5 minutes late for his 1989 Prologue start?? Delgado was the strongest rider in 1989--not Lemond, not Fignon. Was it a payback for his doping positive in 1988?

The TDF is full of much unprofessional and bizarre action. (TUEs, motorpacing, doping exemptions, 'gifts', bought/sold stages, ASO remote comntrols, drinking in prologue TTs)

Made-for-TV events never get reasonable explanations out of Bob Roll or Phil Liggett. Only the preprinted Nike scripts.
So, are you enjoying the tour so far?

The Double Zero said:
So, are you enjoying the tour so far?
I certainly am, although I do hope that crashes within a few kilometres of the finish do not become a regular feature of this year's race.

matagi said:
I certainly am, although I do hope that crashes within a few kilometres of the finish do not become a regular feature of this year's race.
They will. Crashes are as essential for TV as are the trauma medicines.

That's why people watch the TDF. It is just like NASCAR.

Fans love the violent wrecks and empty doping denials.

Doctor.House said:

I didn't have seen that, but if it was at the beginning of the TT, it could be because of stress which make your mouth very dry!

Doctor.House said:
Because he could not find his way back!

poulidor said:
I didn't have seen that, but if it was at the beginning of the TT, it could be because of stress which make your mouth very dry!
Yes--but that's why one drinks BEFORE the effort. 9 minutes is not very long. And why throw debris onto the course? Is that not a crime in a closed course TT circuit?

poulidor said:
Because he could not find his way back!
That seems unlikely. Delgado was the defending champion. Where was his pose?

Does not matter anymore.

Both Wiggens and Chavenal quit with their drug busted team.

So much for anti-doping talk at Cofidis.

Cristian Moreni's sit sown protest was as honest and Millar's empty rants or Wiggins trash talk.

Doctor.House said:
Does not matter anymore.

Cristian Moreni's sit sown protest was as honest and Millar's empty rants or Wiggins trash talk.

I agree with you here. So many protestations of innocence, yet so many positives. So much for French teams being clean. To all of the LA haters and people who state the PEDs gave him cancer. Who did he ride for back in the mid 1990's .... COFIDIS (the same weasels who wouldn't honour his medical insurance).

Amnesty plus a fresh start is what's needed. One year after OP and things are seemingly worse than ever.

Doctor.House said:
Does not matter anymore.

Can't see what Wiggins has got to do with Moreni's Pos test. I think what we should be saying is unlucky Brad and can only imagine what it is to ride clean and not finish a tour due to someone f****** it up.

NJK said:
Can't see what Wiggins has got to do with Moreni's Pos test. I think what we should be saying is unlucky Brad and can only imagine what it is to ride clean and not finish a tour due to someone f****** it up.
Can Bradley Wiggens pass an IRMS test for T???????

I seriously doubt it.

No Tour rider can. No track rider either.