why would hamilton get a lifetime ban?

cheapie said:
http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/10201.0.html

the article stated that he could get booted for life for a second positive. isn't the latest news merely confirmation that he was indeed guilty before? it's not another instance of doping is it?
That's my take on it as well, simply more evidence of the original offence.
The UCI has been taking a lot of flack for not being more aggro in the pursuit of dopers and I think McQ is just making big noise to look like he and the UCI are "tough on cheaters". Hamilton is a safe target since he is already found guilty and banned. I'd call it bull, but it is too much like chicken droppings to rate that high.:D

thanks. not that i'm much of a tyler fan anymore but i was still curious.

cheapie said:

the article stated that he could get booted for life for a second positive. isn't the latest news merely confirmation that he was indeed guilty before? it's not another instance of doping is it?
This is another instance of doping, they found more of his blood in the [size=-1]Doctor Eufemiano Fuentes[/size] frige and they found what his doping schedule is. He is doping in preperation for the ending of his ban. They now have prof other then just blood test.

:mad: what???? i thought they found evidence of the doping he did 2 years ago!!!

oh my. if he's back on the juice then screw him.

basso97 said:
This is another instance of doping, they found more of his blood in the [size=-1]Doctor Eufemiano Fuentes[/size] frige and they found what his doping schedule is. He is doping in preperation for the ending of his ban. They now have prof other then just blood test.
It was historic relating to the 2002-2003 season.

Earlier this week, the Spanish daily El País published police evidence from the 2002-03 seasons that alleges Hamilton not only engaged in banned blood transfusion practices, but also used EPO, anabolic steroids, human growth hormones and IGF-1 (insulin-like growth factor 1) during his collaboration with Fuentes.

But TH's attorney is speculating they will go after Hamilton on non analytical evidence just like USADA did with Tim Montgomery in the BALCO case.

VeloFlash said:
It was historic relating to the 2002-2003 season.

Earlier this week, the Spanish daily El País published police evidence from the 2002-03 seasons that alleges Hamilton not only engaged in banned blood transfusion practices, but also used EPO, anabolic steroids, human growth hormones and IGF-1 (insulin-like growth factor 1) during his collaboration with Fuentes.

But TH's attorney is speculating they will go after Hamilton on non analytical evidence just like USADA did with Tim Montgomery in the BALCO case.
so why would it matter? he's already been busted for blood doping during that time hasn't he?

cheapie said:
so why would it matter? he's already been busted for blood doping during that time hasn't he?
No..no..no...no.. stupid girl.. you just don't get it. The whole thing depends. If you get caught juicing, it is ultimately the question; what are those 2 years ban for? Answer: the positive doping test. If you test positive for a huge cocktail of stuff, you will get a discount. Same 2 years.

If you admit being on the juice for a limited time period, u get your stupid 2 years and afterwards, some geezer claims you have been juicing before that, you will get another 2 years. If you were juicing a week before, that is. If you were juicing twice: a week before and two weeks before, you will get 2 years and 2 additional years, depending on how well you bribe, and how handsome you are.

If you are juicing every day, get caught, and get away with it, even without an issued therapeutic use exeption, your first name is Lance.

cheapie said:
:mad: what???? i thought they found evidence of the doping he did 2 years ago!!!

oh my. if he's back on the juice then screw him.

Yeah, of course he's back on the juice. The juice is fun. It's like recreational drugs that make the athletic experience better. It's not just about beating people, it's about feeling god like.

Of course, for every high there must be a low. To see those guys when they're off cycle. It's like they're just normal guys on bikes. Good, but not god like.

I remember seeing a video clip of the US Postal squad after a stage in the Tour. They were in a hotel hallway with their room doors open. These guys, Hamilton included, where bouncing off the walls. Mugging for the camera, jumping around, flexing like Arnold.

This is after a 100+ mile stage in the tour de franco.

They were having fun.

For most, PEDs are fun.

Aranesp said:
No..no..no...no.. stupid girl.. you just don't get it. The whole thing depends. If you get caught juicing, it is ultimately the question; what are those 2 years ban for? Answer: the positive doping test. If you test positive for a huge cocktail of stuff, you will get a discount. Same 2 years.

If you admit being on the juice for a limited time period, u get your stupid 2 years and afterwards, some geezer claims you have been juicing before that, you will get another 2 years. If you were juicing a week before, that is. If you were juicing twice: a week before and two weeks before, you will get 2 years and 2 additional years, depending on how well you bribe, and how handsome you are.

If you are juicing every day, get caught, and get away with it, even without an issued therapeutic use exeption, your first name is Lance.
No. If your sanction was 2 years the next offence is a life time ban.

VeloFlash said:
No. If your sanction was 2 years the next offence is a life time ban.

Tyler's evidence in Puerto relates to a pre and/or same offense, not a NEXT offense.

Hence not a lifetime ban but potentially another 2 year ban.

meb said:
Tyler's evidence in Puerto relates to a pre and/or same offense, not a NEXT offense.

Hence not a lifetime ban but potentially another 2 year ban.
No Wada does not see it that way. It would be another instance and he is banned. This is not a court of Law.

basso97 said:
No Wada does not see it that way. It would be another instance and he is banned. This is not a court of Law.

While **** Pound likes to operate on whims ignoring fair play and justice, a lifetime ban would still need be invoked through an Arbitration panel which would recognize the distinction between prior offenses and subsequent offenses. And the appeal would be subject to CAS hearing which likewise is going to recognize the difference. So at most, it would be an additional 2 year ban-although at this stage in Tyler's carreer, it would be carreer ending over in Europe.

meb said:
While **** Pound likes to operate on whims ignoring fair play and justice, a lifetime ban would still need be invoked through an Arbitration panel which would recognize the distinction between prior offenses and subsequent offenses. And the appeal would be subject to CAS hearing which likewise is going to recognize the difference. So at most, it would be an additional 2 year ban-although at this stage in Tyler's carreer, it would be carreer ending over in Europe.
Have you been to an arbitration? Fair play has nothing to do with it. They interrupt the contract. Have you read the agreement that was signed by all cyclists in 2004 including Hamilton? Just a note CAS = Arbitration, it is what the A stands for.

How about this added question. Should Hamilton get an official lifetime ban if everything ends up proving he was involved.

If you look at the whole process that was involved in the doping practice its pretty easy to see why he got banned and caught in the first case. I'm sure you know what the simple mistake was.

The second case relates to the exact same practices but without making a very simple mistake.

cheapie said: