why

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Richard Baker, Mar 16, 2005.

  1. don't my posts show?

    Tags:

  2. On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 05:40:41 +0000 (UTC), "Richard Baker"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    | don't my posts show?

    because you have gone blind? ;-)

    --
    Dave F

  3. theo

    theo Guest

  4. Phil Cook

    Phil Cook Guest

    Richard Baker wrote:

    >don't my posts show?

    BT Openworld's crap news-server perhaps?

    There's a really good one that you will have to pay €10 a year for
    from April at http://news.individual.net/

  5. W. D. Grey

    W. D. Grey Guest

  6. Phil Cook

    Phil Cook Guest

    W. D. Grey wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>, Phil Cook
    ><[email protected]> writes

    >>There's a really good one that you will have to pay €10 a year for
    >>from April at http://news.individual.net/
    >>

    >How do you do the Euro sign?

    Err I can't remember....

    Suck it and see key presses reveals Alt Gr+4 or Alt+Ctrl+4

    I have a € symbol on my 4 key along with a $ accessed by shift+4 so I
    knew there was a 4 in there somewhere :)

  7. In message <[email protected]>
    Phil Cook <[email protected]> wrote:

    > W. D. Grey wrote:
    >
    > >In article <[email protected]>, Phil Cook
    > ><[email protected]> writes

    > >>There's a really good one that you will have to pay €10 a year for
    > >>from April at http://news.individual.net/
    > >>

    > >How do you do the Euro sign?

    > Err I can't remember....
    >
    > Suck it and see key presses reveals Alt Gr+4 or Alt+Ctrl+4
    >
    > I have a € symbol on my 4 key along with a $ accessed by shift+4 so I
    > knew there was a 4 in there somewhere :)

    Interesting that in your post (including the quote) I saw the Euro sign,
    but in the original I didn't. Looks like there's some confusion somewhere
    over what code to use for it.

    --
    Simon Challands

  8. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 23:45:02 GMT, Simon Challands
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Interesting that in your post (including the quote) I saw the Euro sign,
    >but in the original I didn't. Looks like there's some confusion somewhere
    >over what code to use for it.

    Or it went through a 7-bit Usenet server on the way through. The use
    of 8-bit/extended characters on Usenet isn't a good idea.

  9. On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 21:05:00 +0000, "W. D. Grey"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    | In article <[email protected]>, Phil Cook
    | <[email protected]> writes
    | >Richard Baker wrote:
    | >
    | >>don't my posts show?
    | >>

    | >BT Openworld's crap news-server perhaps?
    | >
    | >There's a really good one that you will have to pay €10 a year for
    | >from April at http://news.individual.net/
    | >

    | How do you do the Euro sign?

    I *never* use the Euro or pound signs They are characters above 127 and do
    not show correctly on email or newsgroups. It all depends how the
    software is set.

    --
    Dave F

  10. Jhimmy

    Jhimmy Guest

    > How do you do the Euro sign?
    > --
    > Bill Grey
    > http://www.billboy.co.uk

    What do you want to use a ? sign for, Bill? You're Welsh, make your own
    money, like the Scots or NI ;-)

    Jhimmy

  11. W. D. Grey

    W. D. Grey Guest

  12. Jhimmy

    Jhimmy Guest

    > Quite right Jhimmy, The though hadn't occurred to me :)
    >
    > The basic coin could be a Taff!
    > --
    > Bill Grey
    > http://www.billboy.co.uk

    And if you're printing Welsh Taffs, Bill, send a few to me, I've just worked
    out I only have 142 Welsh marilyns left to do, I need the cash ;-)

    Jhimmy

  13. W. D. Grey

    W. D. Grey Guest

    In article <MBD1e.14711$4%[email protected]>, Jhimmy
    <[email protected]> writes

    >> Quite right Jhimmy, The though hadn't occurred to me :)
    >>
    >> The basic coin could be a Taff!
    >> --
    >> Bill Grey
    >> http://www.billboy.co.uk

    >And if you're printing Welsh Taffs, Bill, send a few to me, I've just worked
    >out I only have 142 Welsh marilyns left to do, I need the cash ;-)
    >
    >Jhimmy

    One Taff buys 15 Broons :)
    --
    Bill Grey