why

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 05:40:41 +0000 (UTC), "Richard Baker"
<[email protected]> wrote:

| don't my posts show?

because you have gone blind? ;-)

--
Dave F

Richard Baker wrote:

>don't my posts show?

BT Openworld's **** news-server perhaps?

There's a really good one that you will have to pay €10 a year for
from April at http://news.individual.net/

W. D. Grey wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>, Phil Cook
><[email protected]> writes

>>There's a really good one that you will have to pay €10 a year for
>>from April at http://news.individual.net/
>>

>How do you do the Euro sign?

Err I can't remember....

Suck it and see key presses reveals Alt Gr+4 or Alt+Ctrl+4

I have a € symbol on my 4 key along with a $ accessed by shift+4 so I
knew there was a 4 in there somewhere :)

In message <[email protected]>
Phil Cook <[email protected]> wrote:

> W. D. Grey wrote:
>
> >In article <[email protected]>, Phil Cook
> ><[email protected]> writes

> >>There's a really good one that you will have to pay €10 a year for
> >>from April at http://news.individual.net/
> >>

> >How do you do the Euro sign?

> Err I can't remember....
>
> Suck it and see key presses reveals Alt Gr+4 or Alt+Ctrl+4
>
> I have a € symbol on my 4 key along with a $ accessed by shift+4 so I
> knew there was a 4 in there somewhere :)

Interesting that in your post (including the quote) I saw the Euro sign,
but in the original I didn't. Looks like there's some confusion somewhere
over what code to use for it.

--
Simon Challands

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 23:45:02 GMT, Simon Challands
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Interesting that in your post (including the quote) I saw the Euro sign,
>but in the original I didn't. Looks like there's some confusion somewhere
>over what code to use for it.

Or it went through a 7-bit Usenet server on the way through. The use
of 8-bit/extended characters on Usenet isn't a good idea.

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 21:05:00 +0000, "W. D. Grey"
<[email protected]> wrote:

| In article <[email protected]>, Phil Cook
| <[email protected]> writes
| >Richard Baker wrote:
| >
| >>don't my posts show?
| >>

| >BT Openworld's **** news-server perhaps?
| >
| >There's a really good one that you will have to pay €10 a year for
| >from April at http://news.individual.net/
| >

| How do you do the Euro sign?

I *never* use the Euro or pound signs They are characters above 127 and do
not show correctly on email or newsgroups. It all depends how the
software is set.

--
Dave F

> How do you do the Euro sign?
> --
> Bill Grey
> http://www.billboy.co.uk

What do you want to use a ? sign for, Bill? You're Welsh, make your own
money, like the Scots or NI ;-)

Jhimmy

> Quite right Jhimmy, The though hadn't occurred to me :)
>
> The basic coin could be a Taff!
> --
> Bill Grey
> http://www.billboy.co.uk

And if you're printing Welsh Taffs, Bill, send a few to me, I've just worked
out I only have 142 Welsh marilyns left to do, I need the cash ;-)

Jhimmy