WI, and some advice please

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Krys, Mar 4, 2004.

  1. Krys

    Krys Guest

    hi folks,

    Well, I've not posted my WI in here for a few weeks - nowt much to shout about I suppose. I went
    down 0.6, up 0.6, and back down 0.6 today - which is a good thing.

    I have been wondering though...... My weight loss appears to have slowed down. Was that the week of
    antibiotics? Inaccurate guestimations?

    Or is it my excercise regime? Am I doing too much? My TOM is late - have I scared them off again? -
    which could be a sign I'm doing more than my body is equipped for. My swimming has crept up from 60
    25m lengths in 45 mins to 70 lengths in a little under that. My gym session has gone from just over
    an hour and c 400cals + weights, to a good 1 1/4 hours and c: 530 cals + weights each time. I'm also
    walking even more - got the spring time fidgets. Basically, I think it may be time to up the points
    a bit. I used to call both things 6 points each....

    My question really is - should I add extra? I work on a baseline 126 points a week, earn about 40/50
    APs a week of which I use all but about 13 or so....... If so - do I add to my activity points - and
    call each session more points, or do I just up my weekly ration of points to take into account my
    more active (and presumably better metabolically) life style?

    Or do I leave well alone and wait and see what happens next WI?

    Boy - is this ever tricky.........*grin*......I want a handbook!

    --
    krys

    UK 157/129.6/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...a little stuck at present...

    Tags:

  2. Plup

    Plup Guest

    "krys" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > hi folks,
    >
    > Well, I've not posted my WI in here for a few weeks - nowt much to shout about I suppose. I went
    > down 0.6, up 0.6, and back down 0.6 today - which is a good thing.
    >
    > I have been wondering though...... My weight loss appears to have slowed down. Was that the week
    > of antibiotics? Inaccurate guestimations?
    >
    > Or is it my excercise regime? Am I doing too much? My TOM is late - have
    > scared them off again? - which could be a sign I'm doing more than my body is equipped for. My
    > swimming has crept up from 60 25m lengths in 45 mins
    > 70 lengths in a little under that. My gym session has gone from just over an hour and c 400cals +
    > weights, to a good 1 1/4 hours and c: 530 cals + weights each time. I'm also walking even more -
    > got the spring time fidgets. Basically, I think it may be time to up the points a bit. I
    used
    > to call both things 6 points each....
    >
    > My question really is - should I add extra? I work on a baseline 126
    points
    > a week, earn about 40/50 APs a week of which I use all but about 13 or so....... If so - do I add
    > to my activity points - and call each session more points, or do I just up my weekly ration of
    > points to take into
    account
    > my more active (and presumably better metabolically) life style?
    >
    > Or do I leave well alone and wait and see what happens next WI?
    >
    > Boy - is this ever tricky.........*grin*......I want a handbook!
    >

    > --
    > krys
    >
    > UK 157/129.6/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...a little stuck at present...

    hey you guys - for the newbies here where can a list of acronymns be secured? WI TOM, etc. What do
    these mean??

    Ha!!!!!

    :eek:)

  3. Julieb

    Julieb Guest

    "plup" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > hey you guys - for the newbies here where can a list of acronymns be secured? WI TOM, etc. What do
    > these mean??
    >
    > Ha!!!!!
    >
    > :eek:)

    Hey Faye and welcome to the group. Here's the welcome notice which will help you with a lot of these
    acronyms, and lots of other useful stuff.

    Welcome to this great newsgroup where you'll receive lots of support, advice, and encouragement.
    Once a week on Sundays, I post a list of links that newcomers to asdww might find useful. You may
    want to look for that later in the week, or do a backwards search for last Sunday's post.

    In the meantime, here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ our welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    Frequently seen acronyms on this NG: NSV = Non-Scale Victory WOE = Way of Eating WOL = Way of Life
    (Living) OP = on Points or On Program DH = Dear or Darling Husband
    DS/DD/DGD/etc = Dear or Darling Son, Daughter, Granddaughter, etc WI = Weigh-in

    Amberle3's Challenges:

    THTP - Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm

    RafL - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm

    Other acronyms: http://www.wwlissa.com/dwlz100+/100+acronyms.htm

    Here's a short synopsis of the USA program by Joyce -

    How many points you can eat is only based on your current weight, as you lose weight those points
    allowed will decrease (logic is that your body will need less to operate). At 183 pounds and based
    on the new US flexpoints system, you will have a set point target of 24. In addition to this you are
    allowed 35 flexpoints to be used throughout the week ... as well as any activity points you earn on
    a particular day. When your weight drops to 175, your target drops to 22 points ... weight reaches
    150, target once again drop to 20 points. 3 servings of dairy of recommended per day, 5 servings of
    fruit and veggies, minimum of 6 glasses of water.

    To calculate food and activity points, I love this computer desktop calculator ...
    http://www.zythra.com/downloads/points.exe

    The basic plan is easy. Eat at least your minimum daily number of points. Points do not carry over
    from day to day. You are allotted 35 weekly flexpoints to be used at your discretion ... can divide
    them up and use daily (would be an additional 5 points per day) or save them and use them for a
    special occassion during the week. Activity points are earned based when exercising, but can ONLY be
    used on the day they are earned.

    If you can afford $15/month, the online ww program might be a great thing for you to look into.
    There is lots of information available, as well as the food point database and journaling system.

    Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight: 133.3 Lifetime: 4/4/03

    Please note that if you live in onther countries (UK, Australia, NZ, Europe), the Points plans are
    different. The UK and Australia/NZ calculate points based on saturated fat and total kilojoules.
    Most of Europe calculates based on total fat and total kilojoules. The desktop calculator above can
    handle all of these programs.

    Disclaimer: As an unmoderated Usenet newsgroup, asdww is unusual in that most of the people who
    participate are respectful, considerate folks who freely share their experience with and knowledge
    of WW, weight loss, and maintenance. Yet occasionally, spammers, trolls, and flamers show up to post
    advertising, false information, insults, and the like. Nearly all of the time, people like this are
    just trying to yank someone's chain. Most of the regulars on this newsgroup offer their experience
    as a suggestion to try if you're stuck, but are quick to advise that each person has to find what
    works for him/herself. If someone posts something that doesn't sound right to you, ask the
    newsgroup, ask your WW leader, or ask your health professional.

    Much success on your weight loss journey! WW works!

    --
    Julie.
    93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

    Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

  4. I never change anything until it has been six weeks on a stall. So my vote
    is wait, Lee,
    krys <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > hi folks,
    >
    > Well, I've not posted my WI in here for a few weeks - nowt much to shout about I suppose. I went
    > down 0.6, up 0.6, and back down 0.6 today - which is a good thing.
    >
    > I have been wondering though...... My weight loss appears to have slowed down. Was that the week
    > of antibiotics? Inaccurate guestimations?
    >
    > Or is it my excercise regime? Am I doing too much? My TOM is late - have
    > scared them off again? - which could be a sign I'm doing more than my body is equipped for. My
    > swimming has crept up from 60 25m lengths in 45 mins
    > 70 lengths in a little under that. My gym session has gone from just over an hour and c 400cals +
    > weights, to a good 1 1/4 hours and c: 530 cals + weights each time. I'm also walking even more -
    > got the spring time fidgets. Basically, I think it may be time to up the points a bit. I
    used
    > to call both things 6 points each....
    >
    > My question really is - should I add extra? I work on a baseline 126
    points
    > a week, earn about 40/50 APs a week of which I use all but about 13 or so....... If so - do I add
    > to my activity points - and call each session more points, or do I just up my weekly ration of
    > points to take into
    account
    > my more active (and presumably better metabolically) life style?
    >
    > Or do I leave well alone and wait and see what happens next WI?
    >
    > Boy - is this ever tricky.........*grin*......I want a handbook!
    >

    > --
    > krys
    >
    > UK 157/129.6/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...a little stuck at present...

  5. Helovesyou

    Helovesyou Guest

    "JulieB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
> [...]
    > participate are respectful, considerate folks who freely share their experience with and knowledge
    > of WW, weight loss, and maintenance. Yet occasionally, spammers, trolls, and flamers show up to
    post
    > advertising, false information, insults, and the like. Nearly all of the time, people like this
    > are just trying to yank someone's chain. Most of
    the
    > regulars on this newsgroup offer their experience as a suggestion to try
    if
    > you're stuck, but are quick to advise that each person has to find what works for him/herself. If
    > someone posts something that doesn't sound right to you, ask the newsgroup, ask your WW leader, or
    > ask your health professional.
    >
    > Much success on your weight loss journey! WW works!

    Thanks, Julie!

  6. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    Reads to me like you may need to go out for a dinner with higher than usual calories. It won't up
    the points drastically, but it'll remind your body that you aren't trying to starve it.

    Julie

    "krys" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > hi folks,
    >
    > Well, I've not posted my WI in here for a few weeks - nowt much to shout about I suppose. I went
    > down 0.6, up 0.6, and back down 0.6 today - which is a good thing.
    >
    > I have been wondering though...... My weight loss appears to have slowed down. Was that the week
    > of antibiotics? Inaccurate guestimations?
    >
    > Or is it my excercise regime? Am I doing too much? My TOM is late - have
    > scared them off again? - which could be a sign I'm doing more than my body is equipped for. My
    > swimming has crept up from 60 25m lengths in 45 mins
    > 70 lengths in a little under that. My gym session has gone from just over an hour and c 400cals +
    > weights, to a good 1 1/4 hours and c: 530 cals + weights each time. I'm also walking even more -
    > got the spring time fidgets. Basically, I think it may be time to up the points a bit. I
    used
    > to call both things 6 points each....
    >
    > My question really is - should I add extra? I work on a baseline 126
    points
    > a week, earn about 40/50 APs a week of which I use all but about 13 or so....... If so - do I add
    > to my activity points - and call each session more points, or do I just up my weekly ration of
    > points to take into
    account
    > my more active (and presumably better metabolically) life style?
    >
    > Or do I leave well alone and wait and see what happens next WI?
    >
    > Boy - is this ever tricky.........*grin*......I want a handbook!
    >

    > --
    > krys
    >
    > UK 157/129.6/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...a little stuck at present...

  7. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Soooo, you're not exactly into a plateau, technically ... but also aren't consistently losing like
    you'd wish - right? A few things concern me a bit. First ... 126 points works out to 18 per day.
    That is the bare bones minimum, or is the UK program a strict 18 points for your weight? It just
    seems so little to me, roughly 1000 calories, if even that (if my calculations are close to
    correct). And how late is TOM, a few days, a few weeks? I'm going on things I have read long ago,
    related to anorexia and other weightloss issues with teen girls ... over exercising, not eating
    enough, can effect the female cycle. So am wondering if that could be right where you are. If you
    feel that you need to work out that intensively, maybe you need to try and eat more again? Lets
    figure those 18 daily points, plus 7 activity points per day ... that's still only 25 points per day
    - not quite a lot in any book and might not be enough for you. I really do hate pushing you into
    eating more though, have the same fears in my stupid head as you
    do ... if I eat more I will put weight on. Yet logically we also know that isn't always the case.
    Are you training for a marathon? <g> I just read in the exercise manual that came with hubs bike
    that the fitness gurus or association or whatever recommends a workout that expends 300-500
    calories ... lower end for those who are trying to maintain fitness levels, higher end for those
    training for more intensive things. Don't have a clue how true those figures are, or if they are
    just something that someone has come up with off the top of their head.

    I'm not sure it would really matter where you add those points to, food points or activity points -
    end result would be the same anyway ... a few extra points are a few extra points regardless as to
    where they are.

    Another thing to consider, even if we don't really want to <grin> ... could it be possible that your
    body is perfectly happy where it is, and maybe this new weight is where you should be? I have no
    idea how tall you are, how old, body frame size, etc. But your system may very well be trying to
    tell you something (heaven only knows what).

    Joyce <being her usual wishy-washy self>

    On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 16:32:54 -0000, "krys" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >hi folks,
    >
    >Well, I've not posted my WI in here for a few weeks - nowt much to shout about I suppose. I went
    >down 0.6, up 0.6, and back down 0.6 today - which is a good thing.
    >
    >I have been wondering though...... My weight loss appears to have slowed down. Was that the week of
    >antibiotics? Inaccurate guestimations?
    >
    >Or is it my excercise regime? Am I doing too much? My TOM is late - have I scared them off again? -
    >which could be a sign I'm doing more than my body is equipped for. My swimming has crept up from 60
    >25m lengths in 45 mins to 70 lengths in a little under that. My gym session has gone from just over
    >an hour and c 400cals + weights, to a good 1 1/4 hours and c: 530 cals + weights each time. I'm
    >also walking even more - got the spring time fidgets. Basically, I think it may be time to up the
    >points a bit. I used to call both things 6 points each....
    >
    >My question really is - should I add extra? I work on a baseline 126 points a week, earn about
    >40/50 APs a week of which I use all but about 13 or so....... If so - do I add to my activity
    >points - and call each session more points, or do I just up my weekly ration of points to take into
    >account my more active (and presumably better metabolically) life style?
    >
    >Or do I leave well alone and wait and see what happens next WI?
    >
    >Boy - is this ever tricky.........*grin*......I want a handbook!

  8. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 02:03:14 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Soooo, you're not exactly into a plateau, technically ... but also aren't consistently losing like
    >you'd wish - right? A few things concern me a bit. First ... 126 points works out to 18 per day.
    >That is the bare bones minimum, or is the UK program a strict 18 points for your weight? It just
    >seems so little to me, roughly 1000 calories, if even that (if my calculations are close to
    >correct).

    Joyce is right. This seems to be very little. Are you eating all the points you should be? In any
    case you have a few activity points over so maybe you could eat a bit more protein after your
    workouts. That way you add a few points and add the nutrients required to take advantage of all
    your activity.

    Good luck

    Ray
    --
    rmnsuk
    273/202/182

  9. Krys

    Krys Guest

    good idea - though being so used to WW now, I find it actively hard to eat
    all the points that way....... Still, my birthday weekend is coming up, and
    I plan on having a weekend off for that so......we'll see :)

    --
    krys

    UK 157/129.6/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th
    2001 ...a little stuck at present...

    "skiur" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:3dicnTuBU9KWiNXd3cwC-
    [email protected]
    > Reads to me like you may need to go out for a dinner with
    > higher than
    usual
    > calories. It won't up the points drastically, but it'll
    > remind your body that you aren't trying to starve it.
    >
    > Julie
    >
    > "krys" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > > hi folks,
    > >
    > > Well, I've not posted my WI in here for a few weeks -
    > > nowt much to shout about I suppose. I went down 0.6, up
    > > 0.6, and back down 0.6 today -
    which
    > > is a good thing.
    > >
    > > I have been wondering though...... My weight loss
    > > appears to have slowed down. Was that the week of
    > > antibiotics? Inaccurate guestimations?
    > >
    > > Or is it my excercise regime? Am I doing too much? My
    > > TOM is late -
    have
    > > scared them off again? - which could be a sign I'm doing
    > > more than my
    body
    > > is equipped for. My swimming has crept up from 60 25m
    > > lengths in 45
    mins
    > > 70 lengths in a little under that. My gym session has
    > > gone from just
    over
    > > an hour and c 400cals + weights, to a good 1 1/4 hours
    > > and c: 530 cals + weights each time. I'm also walking
    > > even more - got the spring time fidgets. Basically, I
    > > think it may be time to up the points a bit. I
    > used
    > > to call both things 6 points each....
    > >
    > > My question really is - should I add extra? I work on a
    > > baseline 126
    > points
    > > a week, earn about 40/50 APs a week of which I use all
    > > but about 13 or so....... If so - do I add to my
    > > activity points - and call each session more points, or
    > > do I just up my weekly ration of points to take into
    > account
    > > my more active (and presumably better metabolically)
    > > life style?
    > >
    > > Or do I leave well alone and wait and see what happens
    > > next WI?
    > >
    > > Boy - is this ever tricky.........*grin*......I want a
    > > handbook!
    > >

    > > --
    > > krys
    > >
    > > UK 157/129.6/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th
    > > 2001 ...a little stuck at present...

  10. Krys

    Krys Guest

    Well, it's half way to next WI now, and I've changed
    nothing, so I guess we'll see what happens this week. I
    earnt so many points, I've just not been able to use them
    all, but I don't know if that will make any difference.

    My TOM is a couple of weeks late. They're susceptible to
    vanishing - I started WW, 1 month in they vanished, and
    didn't reappear until 2 years later - which is only 6 months
    ago. I'll leave that one in the lap of the gods......my body
    is pretty good at sorting itself out in the long run.

    126 pts is strict UK 18 points per day. But there's all my
    APs too. Argh - it's all such a juggling act! *grin*

    let's see what the scales bring this week.........

    --
    krys

    UK 157/129.6/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th
    2001 ...a little stuck at present...

    "Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
> [...]
    > top of their
    head.

    > I'm not sure it would really matter where you add those
    > points to, food
    points or
    > activity points - end result would be the same anyway ...
    > a few extra
    points are a
    > few extra points regardless as to where they are.
    >
    > Another thing to consider, even if we don't really want to
    > <grin> ...
    could it be
    > possible that your body is perfectly happy where it is,
    > and maybe this new
    weight
    > is where you should be? I have no idea how tall you are,
    > how old, body
    frame
    > size, etc. But your system may very well be trying to tell
    (heaven
    > only knows what).
    >
    > Joyce <being her usual wishy-washy self>
    >
    > On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 16:32:54 -0000, "krys"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >hi folks,
    > >
    > >Well, I've not posted my WI in here for a few weeks -
    > >nowt much to shout about I suppose. I went down 0.6, up
    > >0.6, and back down 0.6 today -
    which
    > >is a good thing.
    > >
    > >I have been wondering though...... My weight loss appears
    > >to have slowed down. Was that the week of antibiotics?
    > >Inaccurate guestimations?
    > >
    > >Or is it my excercise regime? Am I doing too much? My TOM
    > >is late -
    have I
    > >scared them off again? - which could be a sign I'm doing
    > >more than my
    body
    > >is equipped for. My swimming has crept up from 60 25m
    > >lengths in 45 mins
    > >70 lengths in a little under that. My gym session has
    > >gone from just
    over
    > >an hour and c 400cals + weights, to a good 1 1/4 hours
    > >and c: 530 cals + weights each time. I'm also walking
    > >even more - got the spring time fidgets. Basically, I
    > >think it may be time to up the points a bit. I
    used
    > >to call both things 6 points each....
    > >
    > >My question really is - should I add extra? I work on a
    > >baseline 126
    points
    > >a week, earn about 40/50 APs a week of which I use all
    > >but about 13 or so....... If so - do I add to my activity
    > >points - and call each session more points, or do I just
    > >up my weekly ration of points to take into
    account
    > >my more active (and presumably better metabolically)
    > >life style?
    > >
    > >Or do I leave well alone and wait and see what happens
    > >next WI?
    > >
    > >Boy - is this ever tricky.........*grin*......I want a
    > >handbook!

  11. Krys

    Krys Guest

    Thanks Ray - I'll have to see if I can give that a go. It's about time I
    made an effort to eat more protein anyway :)

    --
    krys

    UK 157/129.6/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th
    2001 ...a little stuck at present...

    "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 02:03:14 -0600, Joyce
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Soooo, you're not exactly into a plateau, technically ...
    > >but also aren't consistently losing like you'd wish -
    > >right? A few things concern me a
    bit.
    > >First ... 126 points works out to 18 per day. That is the
    > >bare bones
    minimum, or
    > >is the UK program a strict 18 points for your weight? It
    > >just seems so
    little to
    > >me, roughly 1000 calories, if even that (if my
    > >calculations are close to
    correct).

    > Joyce is right. This seems to be very little. Are you
    > eating all the points you should be? In any case you have
    > a few activity points over so maybe you could eat a bit
    > more protein after your workouts. That way you add a few
    > points and add the nutrients required to take advantage of
    > all your activity.
    >
    > Good luck
    >
    > Ray
    > --
    > rmnsuk
    > 273/202/182

  12. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    I look forward to reading about the downward direction afterwards.
    Julie

    +
    > > > weights each time. I'm also walking even more - got
    > > > the spring time fidgets. Basically, I think it may be
    > > > time to up the points a bit.
    > > used
    > > > to call both things 6 points each....
    > > >
    > > > My question really is - should I add extra? I work on
    > > > a baseline 126
    > > points
    > > > a week, earn about 40/50 APs a week of which I use all
    > > > but about 13 or so....... If so - do I add to my
    > > > activity points - and call each
    session
    > > > more points, or do I just up my weekly ration of
    > > > points to take into
    > > account
    > > > my more active (and presumably better metabolically)
    > > > life style?
    > > >
    > > > Or do I leave well alone and wait and see what happens
    > > > next WI?
    > > >
    > > > Boy - is this ever tricky.........*grin*......I want a
    > > > handbook!
    > > >

    > > > --
    > > > krys
    > > >
    > > > UK 157/129.6/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August
    > > > 16th 2001 ...a little stuck at present...

  13. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    I've never had to deal with the vanishing TOM's - except
    when pregnant. <G> Sounds like it is something you are
    pretty familiar with, so probably nothing to overly worry
    about. When you started ww and they disappeared, were you
    also exercising very heavily? I do wonder if this has
    anything to do with it at all (not that it matters, just
    curiousity on my part).

    I do agree, it is a huge juggling act. Rules don't seem to
    fit everyone, we all work differently. If my memory is
    correct though, I recall your weight being up about 6 pounds
    or so when you first ventured back here requesting
    information as to why you were no longer losing. The bright
    side is ... you are lower than that now! <G> I'm still going
    with the *either lower your exercise or increase your food*
    tactic. It seemed to work for you the first time around. And
    if your exercise level has increased even more ... well ...
    you know. By any chance have you eliminated too much fat in
    your diet? I have a tendency to do this and weightloss
    ceases to exist. When I add some good fats back into the
    mix, it picks back up again. Just a thought (I'm always
    thinking - maybe not logically, but always thinking). <G>
    And another scenario which I'm not sure has even been
    brought up ... with all the exercise you have been involved
    in, I am sure that you must have built some muscle. That
    could very well account for you feeling thinner, clothing
    being looser, yet the scale not budging. It's only a number,
    doesn't tell the entire story. It's my understanding that
    many extremely fit people actually carry higher weights, due
    to the muscle involved.

    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, hoping you get the
    results you are wishing for. Please do keep us posted.

    Joyce

    On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 15:50:20 -0000, "krys"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]
    >> >and c: 530 cals + weights each time. I'm also walking
    >> >even more - got the spring time fidgets. Basically, I
    >> >think it may be time to up the points a bit. I
    >used
    >> >to call both things 6 points each....
    >> >
    >> >My question really is - should I add extra? I work on a
    >> >baseline 126
    >points
    >> >a week, earn about 40/50 APs a week of which I use all
    >> >but about 13 or so....... If so - do I add to my
    >> >activity points - and call each session more points, or
    >> >do I just up my weekly ration of points to take into
    >account
    >> >my more active (and presumably better metabolically)
    >> >life style?
    >> >
    >> >Or do I leave well alone and wait and see what happens
    >> >next WI?
    >> >
    >> >Boy - is this ever tricky.........*grin*......I want a

  14. Krys

    Krys Guest

    "Joyce" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I've never had to deal with the vanishing TOM's - except
    > when pregnant.
    <G>
    > Sounds like it is something you are pretty familiar with,
    > so probably
    nothing to
    > overly worry about. When you started ww and they
    > disappeared, were you
    also
    > exercising very heavily? I do wonder if this has anything
    > to do with it
    at all
    > (not that it matters, just curiousity on my part).

    Nope - I'd only just started, and had lost a couple of
    pounds but that was all. I was exercising, but only at the
    same level as always, and by no means as much as I am now.

    > I do agree, it is a huge juggling act. Rules don't seem to
    > fit everyone,
    we all
    > work differently. If my memory is correct though, I recall
    > your weight
    being up
    > about 6 pounds or so when you first ventured back here
    > requesting
    information as
    > to why you were no longer losing. The bright side is ...
    > you are lower
    than that
    > now! <G> I'm still going with the *either lower your
    > exercise or increase
    your
    > food* tactic. It seemed to work for you the first
    > time around.

    That was my theory true - and I may yet try it, but I've
    decided to weight and see what this week's WI brings...

    > And if your exercise level has increased even more ...
    > well ... you know.
    By any chance have
    > you eliminated too much fat in your diet?

    I could well have done - that's a very interesting thought.
    I think I should take a good look at what my diet is -
    though I already know there's a tad too much sugar and
    alcohol in there! *grin*

    >I have a tendency to do this and weightloss ceases to
    >exist. When I add
    some good fats back into the mix, it >picks back up
    again. Just a thought (I'm always thinking - maybe not
    logically, but
    > always thinking). <G> And another scenario which I'm not
    > sure has even
    been
    > brought up ... with all the exercise you have been
    > involved in, I am sure
    that you
    > must have built some muscle. That could very well account
    > for you feeling thinner, clothing being looser, yet the
    > scale not budging. It's only a
    number,
    > doesn't tell the entire story. It's my understanding that
    > many extremely
    fit
    > people actually carry higher weights, due to the muscle
    > involved.

    Yeah - it's weird. I weigh the same now as I did this time
    last year (ish), yet I can't wear the same pair of trousers.
    They're fine around the waist, but now my thighs are
    bigger.... Also my chest is bigger - broader etc etc. Same
    weight - totally different shape!

    > I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, hoping you get the
    > results you are
    wishing
    > for. Please do keep us posted.

    I sure will - and I really appreciate all the feedback :)

    --
    krys

    UK 157/129.6/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th
    2001 ...a little stuck at present...

  15. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 17:16:38 -0000, "krys" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> And if your exercise level has increased even more ...
    >> well ... you know.
    >By any chance have
    >> you eliminated too much fat in your diet?
    >
    >I could well have done - that's a very interesting thought.
    >I think I should take a good look at what my diet is -
    >though I already know there's a tad too much sugar and
    >alcohol in there! *grin*

    Don't mention the sugar - seems I'm fighting those sugar
    urges the past few days. Nothing major, just a little piece
    of chocolate here and another there ... but I am definitely
    consious of the desire and fighting it tooth and nail.

    >>I have a tendency to do this and weightloss ceases to
    >>exist. When I add
    >some good fats back into the mix, it >picks back up
    >again. Just a thought (I'm always thinking - maybe not
    >logically, but
    >> always thinking). <G> And another scenario which I'm not
    >> sure has even
    >been
    >> brought up ... with all the exercise you have been
    >> involved in, I am sure
    >that you
    >> must have built some muscle. That could very well account
    >> for you feeling thinner, clothing being looser, yet the
    >> scale not budging. It's only a
    >number,
    >> doesn't tell the entire story. It's my understanding that
    >> many extremely
    >fit
    >> people actually carry higher weights, due to the muscle
    >> involved.
    >
    >Yeah - it's weird. I weigh the same now as I did this time
    >last year (ish), yet I can't wear the same pair of
    >trousers. They're fine around the waist, but now my thighs
    >are bigger.... Also my chest is bigger - broader etc etc.
    >Same weight - totally different shape!

    This is interesting! I hadn't thought much about it, until
    this morning when I put on a pair of jeans I hadn't worn for
    quite some time. They are a snugger fit (slim fit?) in the
    seat and thighs. I know they fit very well when I purchased
    them last spring, yet today they feel snug in the thighs -
    loose in the waist. Would the thighs be from all the
    treadmill I've been doing?

    Joyce